Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

There was stuff going on with this story and hopefully there will be meaningful changes to come out it

But it also now does make McClure and Morris look a little silly and I'm all for that, even if they did smell smoke correctly

There was stuff going on with this story and hopefully there will be meaningful changes to come out it

But it also now does make McClure and Morris look a little silly and I'm all for that, even if they did smell smoke correctly
It doesn't though, he clearly was unhappy and looked around. We obviously stood firm

No one wanted Trac to leave more than Morris. So for that alone, I'm stoked he's staying. If he brings some positive changes with staying then this was all worth it. But I doubt much will change.

It doesn't though, he clearly was unhappy and looked around. We obviously stood firm
Yeah Morris' initial report was Trac wants to leave but there's almost no way a deal gets done.

Was on the money.

Yeah Morris' initial report was Trac wants to leave but there's almost no way a deal gets done.

Was on the money.
Even the last one time mclure was on clas he said Trac was unlikely to leave, all everyone said was he wants to go which he clearly did

I didn't say they where wrong

But just saying i've seen them coping it on the socials from our nuffie fans and the some of the wider AFL fans. I'm in no rush to vindicate them being right, but i am happy to watch idiots call them idiots

But just saying i've seen them coping it on the socials from our nuffie fans and the some of the wider AFL fans. I'm in no rush to vindicate them being right, but i am happy to watch idiots call them idiots
When will you learn that it’s not about what you were actually saying, it’s about what others are going to tell you you’re actually saying?

In saying that, Tom Morris has pulled one of the greatest ninja moves of all time.

Because they got a story right? I don't get it.

His media release ( If true) mentions playing in 2025 for the Dees , not seeing out his contract . To me , he has 12 months for us to satisfy him or he leaves . Carlton has 12 months to fill the paper bags !
Not sure where it says that, I read he is committed to play in the red and blue but nothing about 25. I agree the statement wasn't very convincing. Could go on to analyse more but just leave it there. On a re-read this comment is funny.

"These conversations have made us a better organisation and we’re grateful that Christian, like all our leaders, are willing to have the tough conversations to drive success."

Conversations mean nothing without action. Don't claim that the club is better club if nothing has been done.

Not sure where it says that, I read he is committed to play in the red and blue but nothing about 25. I agree the statement wasn't very convincing. Could go on to analyse more but just leave it there. On a re-read this comment is funny.

"These conversations have made us a better organisation and we’re grateful that Christian, like all our leaders, are willing to have the tough conversations to drive success."

Conversations mean nothing without action. Don't claim that the club is better club if nothing has been done.
Yeah bit like a drug addict telling you they'll stop, awesome now actually do it.

Disappointing. Sick of being dick teased about this club getting blown up like it should. 😂 Probably just delaying the inevitable but still.... get on with it. Would be nice if we had a new coach for him to stay with.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My initial reaction is that Tracca was just not a fan of trading 2 first rounders for Dan Houston….
This is amazing. Yeah, Trac was fine but put his foot down about Dan Houston. :drunk:

Well the only reason he has come out with this is because the deal with Collingwood or Carlton couldn’t get done.

After we finish 14th next year and Collingwood’s veterans retire there’ll be money and probably draft capital as they have a year to get organised, so we will be hearing all this again in 12 months.

Well the only reason he has come out with this is because the deal with Collingwood or Carlton couldn’t get done.

After we finish 14th next year and Collingwood’s veterans retire there’ll be money and probably draft capital as they have a year to get organised, so we will be hearing all this again in 12 months.
We agree on something dd. :eek:

I'm not worried. Either we have another year like this and actually have a chance at getting fair valuie for him or we are actually competitive again and he's happy to stay.

I still hold out hope that a new coach could convince Trac to stay and get this club energised again with a far more exciting brand of footy.

Doomsday scenario is we finish 7th or 8th playing the same boring brand and everyone stays. Pert gloating on radio before an elimination final that our stability and blocking out the outside noise when every said the club was a dumpster fire lead to a bounce back season in 2025!

I still hold out hope that a new coach could convince Trac to stay and get this club energised again with a far more exciting brand of footy.

Doomsday scenario is we finish 7th or 8th playing the same boring brand and everyone stays. Pert gloating on radio before an elimination final that our stability and blocking out the outside noise when every said the club was a dumpster fire lead to a bounce back season in 2025!
When is Goodwin contracted to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back