Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Any idea what the 'other issues' are?

If Ox is willing to point out our issues off field with player behavior I wonder if this particular group are also aware of it?
Can be mostly solved by ditching Roffey tbh.

The council/govt people involved in Caulfield don't want anything to do with her. We've put in a budget of what we will contribute to the project, so it's moving, but she's been basically excluded.

Roffey, Pert and Goody basically control everything. Richardson doesn't really have any power. So while I've bagged him a bit, it might have been unfair as he hasn't been given the power to do his job properly.

That's aside from the stuff we know about publicly with Trac, Clarry, Smith, etc etc.

Roffey, Pert and Goody basically control everything. Richardson doesn't really have any power. So while I've bagged him a bit, it might have been unfair as he hasn't been given the power to do his job properly..
We said this to you last month and you said we don't understand the structure at football clubs. 😂

The council/govt people involved in Caulfield don't want anything to do with her. We've put in a budget of what we will contribute to the project, so it's moving, but she's been basically excluded.

Roffey, Pert and Goody basically control everything. Richardson doesn't really have any power. So while I've bagged him a bit, it might have been unfair as he hasn't been given the power to do his job properly.

That's aside from the stuff we know about publicly with Trac, Clarry, Smith, etc etc.

Geez it has been a horrific appointment if this is the case - pretty sure that was the whole reason we got her on board?

I hadn't heard any part of the Kate Roffey interview until I just watched that Sunday footy show clip. Her interview reminded me of one Bill Shorten did during the Gillard government. The interviewer was scrutinising a policy. Bill had no idea about the policy but continued to back it. It was laughable how clueless he was. Kate's the same hasn't spoken to Trac and just keeps saying the same shit.

I hadn't heard any part of the Kate Roffey interview until I just watched that Sunday footy show clip. Her interview reminded me of one Bill Shorten did during the Gillard government. The interviewer was scrutinising a policy. Bill had no idea about the policy but continued to back it. It was laughable how clueless he was. Kate's the same hasn't spoken to Trac and just keeps saying the same shit.

I heard it live. I just about aged a decade in half an hour,

Geez it has been a horrific appointment if this is the case - pretty sure that was the whole reason we got her on board?
Probably. She's been around for like 10 years or something, but would assume it's why they brought her on originally.

Lord Nev, i heard roofey speak at an event a few years ago and she spoke openly and honestly about the challenges she faced developing Wyndham as a city. I would of thought that roofeys background with dealing with Wyndham infrastructure, major sporting facility development, Melbourne tennis park redevelopment etc she’d be well equipped to deal with council/govt so do we know how things have broken down with council/govt for a Caulfield development?

Lord Nev, i heard roofey speak at an event a few years ago and she spoke openly and honestly about the challenges she faced developing Wyndham as a city. I would of thought that roofeys background with dealing with Wyndham infrastructure, major sporting facility development, Melbourne tennis park redevelopment etc she’d be well equipped to deal with council/govt so do we know how things have broken down with council/govt for a Caulfield development?
Nah I don't know specifics tbh. Don't know if it's that she's been hard to deal with or there's past connections there with people who she's had issues with, could be anything. Dees have committed $20mil towards the project though if it goes ahead. There's tons of issues though because the MRC board is going through some shit atm as well.

Grea to see Trac recommit. But no doubt he absolutely would’ve gone had a deal able to have been struck. But it may well force some much needed change. No doubt the rumours of a trade will resurface next season.

We said this to you last month and you said we don't understand the structure at football clubs. 😂

Interesting, because that's literally not what happened.

What I said a month ago was the decision of packing up for the year and forgetting wins and losses and getting the fitness right would not be Goodwin's decision. I said it would be up to Roffey, Pert and Richo.

What I said in my post is there's issues because apparently Richo hasn't been able to do his job properly because Roffey, Pert and Goodwin exclude him.

So, and follow me here, what that means is Richo is supposed to be the footy boss. At a good club, or even just a properly run club, that's what he would do day to day. I'm going to assume given your hundreds of daily posts all about how poorly run a club Melbourne is that you can then understand why things are they way they are.

I mean, I appreciate the outright lying because you know I've had your useless posts on block, but I actually read this one. I'm dumber for it, but I did.

I'll await your further goal post moving as you try to save face, but this is why I CBF with BigFooty anymore. DHs that just flat out make stuff up when someone other than the same 3-4 posters, saying the same things over and over again actually contributes something vaguely to do with footy.

Dumb of me to press the 'show ignored posts' button, so my fault. It was a good sneaky attempt though. Kudos.

What I said a month ago was the decision of packing up for the year and forgetting wins and losses and getting the fitness right would not be Goodwin's decision. I said it would be up to Roffey, Pert and Richo.

What I said in my post is there's issues because apparently Richo hasn't been able to do his job properly because Roffey, Pert and Goodwin exclude him.

So, and follow me here, what that means is Richo is supposed to be the footy boss. At a good club, or even just a properly run club, that's what he would do day to day. I'm going to assume given your hundreds of daily posts all about how poorly run a club Melbourne is that you can then understand why things are they way they are.

I mean, I appreciate the outright lying because you know I've had your useless posts on block, but I actually read this one. I'm dumber for it, but I did.

I'll await your further goal post moving as you try to save face, but this is why I CBF with BigFooty anymore. DHs that just flat out make stuff up when someone other than the same 3-4 posters, saying the same things over and over again actually contributes something vaguely to do with footy.

Dumb of me to press the 'show ignored posts' button, so my fault. It was a good sneaky attempt though. Kudos.
Didnt realise a one liner deserved such an extensive reply, sensitive as ever Nev. Speaking of people repeating themselves, I noticed you managed to squeeze in your trademark "waa waa this is why I CBF with big footy waa waa" ...still waiting for you to leave after many threats to do so.

Any idea in what way they're excluding Richo?

It kinda makes sense if those three hold all the power as they basically picked Bartlett over Goody so he must be pretty tight with Roffey and Pert.

It kinda makes sense if those three hold all the power as they basically picked Bartlett over Goody so he must be pretty tight with Roffey and Pert.
Of course not, its just vague made up twitter rumours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbf it would make absolute sense though, we've been saying all along Goody is incredibly stubborn and forcing everything his way (Plus he'd have more power than Richo at the club).
I'm saying of course he doesn't have any idea. Once again 0 inside info on Trac or ANB or anything real and just a bunch of nothing's after somethings broken with vague uncheckable stories

Tbf it would make absolute sense though, we've been saying all along Goody is incredibly stubborn and forcing everything his way (Plus he'd have more power than Richo at the club).
I'll hold to the belief that almost all senior coaches have more power than the footy boss. Exception would be newbies like Yze who would have had very little control over Richmond's list management decisions.

I'll hold to the belief that almost all senior coaches have more power than the footy boss. Exception would be newbies like Yze who would have had very little control over Richmond's list management decisions.

I'm pretty hammered, but is there any examples of quality footy bosses? Chris Fagan at Hawthorn going on to be semi-decent at Brisbane?

I only want them to be capable of preventing the coaching panel from being yes-men to the senior coach. Imagine a new footy boss coming in and saying "what if there was contest, defence... and offence?" They'd decapitate the poor ****.

I'm pretty hammered, but is there any examples of quality footy bosses? Chris Fagan at Hawthorn going on to be semi-decent at Brisbane?

I only want them to be capable of preventing the coaching panel from being yes-men to the senior coach. Imagine a new footy boss coming and saying "what if there contest, defence... and offence?" They'd decapitate the poor ****.
Neil Balme went alright everywhere he went

No idea why tbh. I know there were issues really early on where Richo was trying to be more of a coach and not a footy boss, so maybe they over corrected? Don't know though, that would be a guess.

Didnt realise a one liner deserved such an extensive reply, sensitive as ever Nev. Speaking of people repeating themselves, I noticed you managed to squeeze in your trademark "waa waa this is why I CBF with big footy waa waa" ...still waiting for you to leave after many threats to do so.
I've never "threatened to leave". At least you're consistent at absolutely making stuff up. Admirable. Just don't bother much anymore because having every page filled with you and your mate saying the same stuff all day every day is just incredibly boring.

I only want them to be capable of preventing the coaching panel from being yes-men to the senior coach. Imagine a new footy boss coming in and saying "what if there was contest, defence... and offence?" They'd decapitate the poor ****.
It's a hard position to quantify because it's very managerial and its scope would vary depending on the club, but I'd argue they earn their money in times of transition. Graham Wright, who recently left Collingwood came in with the job to sort our their list and cap issues and did so pretty well.

Peter Jackson was very impressed by Josh Mahoney, so much so that PJ wanted him to take the CEO job when Jackson left.

Think it's telling that all the Bulldogs issues last off-season came to pass when Chris Grant sacked an assistant coach that Beveridge wanted to keep. Beveridge now reports to Matt Egan instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back