Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

You want to have a normal discussion about this or just going to continue to trying to bait everyone?
I’d lie if I said I don’t enjoy going fishing on here. Tk never lets me down.

I agree Clarry is trade bait. Let down the club badly and for the right trade he’ll be on the table for another year at least.

Who knows both may end up being traded.

Can either get back to there best? Uncertanties surround both futures

I’d lie if I said I don’t enjoy going fishing on here. Tk never lets me down.

I agree Clarry is trade bait. Let down the club badly and for the right trade he’ll be on the table for another year at least.

Who knows both may end up being traded.

Can either get back to there best? Uncertanties surround both futures
You're not good at fishing mate you just make yourself look like a clown over and over again. That's why no one's talking to you.

The cynic in me suggests the players were told to show unity and head down to watch the girls. But I'm hoping this is the start of the healing process where Trac and the club/players are feeling good about a future together.
Quite symbolic. Great leadership by Gawn and Lever to open there arms up and bring Trac back into the fold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the go with Paul Marsh from AFLPA trying to investigate this?

Bloke decides now after being on leave for 5 months that it’s important enough to look at, and why couldn’t someone else pick it up at the time if it is that important. Imagine having a team incapable of running the show and still deciding to take 5 months leave over the season.

If I were a paid up member I would be asking for my money back.

What’s the go with Paul Marsh from AFLPA trying to investigate this?

Bloke decides now after being on leave for 5 months that it’s important enough to look at, and why couldn’t someone else pick it up at the time if it is that important. Imagine having a team incapable of running the show and still deciding to take 5 months leave over the season.

If I were a paid up member I would be asking for my money back.
Probably because the Petracca family didn't get their boy to Collingwood.

Bizarre this has taken 5 months. The AFL are run by morons. I mean, the club doctor couldn't diagnose the injury at the ground,either could the AFL.doctor due to lack of machinery to do so. Even the hospital f*d up supposedly. Somehow in the mix the footy department without a diagnosis decided it was a good idea to send him out on the field.

I don't know. Both docs could be in trouble due to not identifying the severity of the injury. Richo could be the fall guy from the football department for this too. Bizarre it's taken months, but I'm guessing Trac and his family want some heads on sticks and are making a lot of noise about it.

The AFL has already ticked off the medical decisions made on the day though.

This AFLPA investigation sounds like it's being done because of pressure from Trac or Trac's family.

What's it going to find? Negligence because Gawny didn't text him enough?

The AFL has already ticked off the medical decisions made on the day though.

This AFLPA investigation sounds like it's being done because of pressure from Trac or Trac's family.

What's it going to find? Negligence because Gawny didn't text him enough?
Outsiders view:
Maybe the AFLPA is going after the AFL to change their policies:
  • Why did CP have to wait for a 3rd ambulance when there was two at the ground (for crowd not players?)
  • Why did CP go to The Epworth and then a few hours later The Alfred?

PS: Hopefully CP and MFC can can reconcile and CP get back to playing great footy for MFC for years to come.

Outsiders view:
  • Why did CP have to wait for a 3rd ambulance when there was two at the ground (for crowd not players?)

PS: Hopefully CP and MFC can can reconcile and CP get back to playing great footy for MFC for years to come.
I'm not certain but the ambulance thing sounds more like a law than an AFL policy.

The Epworth/Alfred thing seems very strange. I saw someone say something about the AFL having an agreement with the Epworth but ultimately the paramedic would decide where to take their patient. But if the MCG doctors are from the Epworth then there is an argument to be made about continuity of care. The Epworth is still equipped to deal with trauma.

Obviously Petracca never should have gone back on the ground but everything else just seems like the realities of moving through the hospital system.

Last edited:
Outsiders view:

An absolutely fair view.

Sounds like there are flaws in the process in general and this review may look to fix them.

That ambulance situation is bizarre. Surely the players are more likely to need one than a member of the crowd, so why not have coverage for them? If a potentially serious injury occurs and two are just sitting there, surely someone makes a risk management decision to use one of them and call for a replacement ambulance in parallel?

Seems like something went wrong with the decisions at the Epworth as well.

There may be failings in how the MFC handled this, but sounds like there are wider problems with the process for critical injuries that the situation has laid bare.

The I'm not certain but the ambulance thing sounds more like a law than an AFL policy.

The Epworth/Alfred thing seems very strange. I saw someone say something about the AFL having an agreement with the Epworth but ultimately the paramedic would decide where to take their patient. But if the MCG doctors are from the Epworth then there is an argument to be made about continuity of care. The Epworth is still equipped to deal with trauma.

Obviously Petracca never should have gone back on the ground but everything else just seems like the realities of moving through the hospital system.
The Epworth/Alfred transfer wouldn't be too uncommon. Private hospitals aren't generally setup as well as public hospitals to handle very sick patients, even a large hospital like Epworth wouldn't have the trauma resources of the Alfred. Epworth was a reasonable place to start, but they would have probably organised the transfer when they realised his spleen was obliterated.

Paramedics will generally just take people to the closest ED, unless they have good reason to take someone to a trauma centre, so Epworth down the road wasn't unreasonable when no one really new how bad his internal injuries were initially.

I suspect if he had gone to one of the major trauma centres (Alfred, RMH) initially, they would have a strong tendency to just CT scan straight away and probably diagnose the spleen lac earlier. Not entirely sure what happened in terms of investigations at the Epworth while he was there.

So it’s saying on the afl website that the tracs family will “never forgive Melbourne”. Wowee. Does anyone know if this is a statement from the family?

So it’s saying on the afl website that the tracs family will “never forgive Melbourne”. Wowee. Does anyone know if this is a statement from the family?

Who the **** cares about his family. Sounds like they need to build a bridge as it was all signed off on. The bloke is a grown man.

Most workplaces couldn’t give 2 shits about how an employees family feels and nor should they.

Talk about trying to make themself relevant if true.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back