Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

So it’s saying on the afl website that the tracs family will “never forgive Melbourne”. Wowee. Does anyone know if this is a statement from the family?

That quote is from Caroline Wilson, not the AFL website. Strange as she was whacking him not long ago saying basically he needed to get over it, must have sources on both sides.

An absolutely fair view.

Sounds like there are flaws in the process in general and this review may look to fix them.

That ambulance situation is bizarre. Surely the players are more likely to need one than a member of the crowd, so why not have coverage for them? If a potentially serious injury occurs and two are just sitting there, surely someone makes a risk management decision to use one of them and call for a replacement ambulance in parallel?

Seems like something went wrong with the decisions at the Epworth as well.

There may be failings in how the MFC handled this, but sounds like there are wider problems with the process for critical injuries that the situation has laid bare.
I'm pretty sure for crowds over 60k at any event there has to be 2 ambulances onsite. But what happens when an ambulance is needed? Do they wait around for another ambulance to arrive before leaving? Seems crazy they couldn't use one of the ambulances on hand. The only issue the Dees have is sending Trac back out after the hit. But again, it appears Trac was happy to go back out and two doctors(one club and one AFL) allowed it to happen. Someone from the footy department though should have seen that he wasn't fit enough to play though. So will be interesting to see what comes of that.

I'm pretty sure for crowds over 60k at any event there has to be 2 ambulances onsite. But what happens when an ambulance is needed? Do they wait around for another ambulance to arrive before leaving? Seems crazy they couldn't use one of the ambulances on hand. The only issue the Dees have is sending Trac back out after the hit. But again, it appears Trac was happy to go back out and two doctors(one club and one AFL) allowed it to happen. Someone from the footy department though should have seen that he wasn't fit enough to play though. So will be interesting to see what comes of that.

Everyone is turning themselves in circles on this. End of the day it was all signed off and he is staying at the club. Move on.

Who the **** cares about his family. Sounds like they need to build a bridge as it was all signed off on. The bloke is a grown man.

Most workplaces couldn’t give 2 shits about how an employees family feels and nor should they.

Talk about trying to make themself relevant if true.
Look it’s carro saying this $hit so could be another afl person running our club down but if true this is getting a bit silly

Who the **** cares about his family. Sounds like they need to build a bridge as it was all signed off on. The bloke is a grown man.

Most workplaces couldn’t give 2 shits about how an employees family feels and nor should they.

Talk about trying to make themself relevant if true.
Good clubs care.

Was chatting to Jack Gunston on Saturday at the Hawks AFLW game. Sheriff (ex Dees player) and another girl had some bad injuries during the game. After he consoled the girls, he said he and the club will stay in constant contact with the player and families. Families are totally invested and are every bit a part of the journey. He's our best player. He and his family deserved better and should have gotten better from both us and the health system that day.

That quote is from Caroline Wilson, not the AFL website. Strange as she was whacking him not long ago saying basically he needed to get over it, must have sources on both sides.
Yes, hard to know what to believe. Many on here think Trac should drive our culture and start some form of rebuild. I’m thinking he’s cooked. This will play out over weeks and months possibly. Some blame us, I blame him. Makes it a juicy big footy topic

If his family can’t forgive the club and if that’s an issue than he should piss off opposed to putting out statements saying all is fine I am staying. Talk about taking a punt on each way.

Good clubs care.

Was chatting to Jack Gunston on Saturday at the Hawks AFLW game. Sheriff (ex Dees player) and another girl had some bad injuries during the game. After he consoled the girls, he said he and the club will stay in constant contact with the player and families. Families are totally invested and are every bit a part of the journey. He's our best player. He and his family deserved better and should have gotten better from both us and the health system that day.
I can’t get my head around the hawks. They’re about to go into the biggest racial law case in Aus sport history but radio silence from the media. You know it’s bad when there’s radio silence from the afl on such a big topic. They also have pokie traps in the western suburbs which has nothing to do with there supporter base and all to do with profiting off troubled gamblers but they’re perceived as the family club. They have very good marketing

I reckon his brother is the one who has been driving a lot of this, most of the news reports have implied his actual manager has been advising against trying to move.
Agreed. I couldn’t believe it when I found out his brother was at Connor’s sports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t get my head around the hawks. They’re about to go into the biggest racial law case in Aus sport history but radio silence from the media. You know it’s bad when there’s radio silence from the afl on such a big topic. They also have pokie traps in the western suburbs which has nothing to do with there supporter base and all to do with profiting off troubled gamblers but they’re perceived as the family club. They have very good marketing

Radio silence on the hawks racism stuff? It's been everywhere since it first broke 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both can be true. Wilson can think Petracca should get over it. And Petracca’s family could also not want to forgive Melbourne.

An Italian family looking to blame everything other than their (28 year old) baby boy… colour me shocked.

I’m not saying Petracca is to blame, but he played some part in what went down on the day too. Who knows how honest he was in telling the doctors at the ground what he was actually feeling? I could tell from my couch at home he wasn’t right to be out there with how tentative he was and how far away from potential contact he was staying. You can’t tell me Petracca himself had no idea it was pretty serious.

Camp Petracca then proceeded to make blunder after blunder with time to think about things. Not saying Melbourne were brilliant either, but it’s not like camp Petracca conducted themselves well.

Radio silence on the hawks racism stuff? It's been everywhere since it first broke 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s not stuff dr, it’s people feeling degraded. There was even a white player who wasn’t allowed to spend time with his newborn to go on some funky sleep over. Family club my a$$. No clubs perfect but even though we’re minnows ours has been terrific for families over the years

There’s been a lot in here about Trac hating the culture and Clarry was a part of that. ’ve got another one here but I’m sure the last game or second last Trac sat behind clary in the box hidden. Now if you hate clary so much do you let him protect you from cameras. I think you sit away as far as you can from him but there they were. i could see Clarry as the kind of guy who says sit here bro I’ve got your back etc. I’ll check the tapes over the weekend but I’m sure he sat behind Clarry in the last game. They’re good boys at a good club

There’s been a lot in here about Trac hating the culture and Clarry was a part of that. ’ve got another one here but I’m sure the last game or second last Trac sat behind clary in the box hidden. Now if you hate clary so much do you let him protect you from cameras. I think you sit away as far as you can from him but there they were. i could see Clarry as the kind of guy who says sit here bro I’ve got your back etc. I’ll check the tapes over the weekend but I’m sure he sat behind Clarry in the last game. They’re good boys at a good club
I reckon it's probably not worth checking.

1000018385.gif

Mods, can you write direct to someone on this site? Just feel like some of tk’s close mates have dropped off

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back