Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who’s contract?
Viney, Langdon, Petty and Sparrow for starters. Gawn's extension was a bit ridiculous also but don't mind him getting gifted an extra year or two for the bullshit we've put him thru, chucking him out in front of the cameras as human shield for the president, ceo and coach.

Then who is leaking all this stuff then?
Other players or folks at the club?

Or just making it up or stretching half-truths to extremes. It's silly season and media need to fill the bye week news cycle

Viney, Langdon, Petty and Sparrow for starters. Gawn's extension was a bit ridiculous also but don't mind him getting gifted an extra year or two for the bullshit we've put him thru, chucking him out in front of the cameras as human shield for the president, ceo and coach.
What about 7 years for a fat idiot unprofessional w***er who's getting more support than Melbourne's most pro player from some people around here.

Feel there are leaks on both side

Yesterday it was leaked Curnow had shut down any trade requests.

Ironically Curnow and Trac share the same manager.

Not hard to work out who leaked that.

Do you mean McKay?

Agree we leak like a sieve. Don't think that's helping the situation.

What about 7 years for a fat idiot unprofessional w***er who's getting more support than Melbourne's most pro player from some people around here.
I'm talking about recent deals, all those players signed up for overs this year.

Where is all this "brand" shit coming from?

One, out of context quote of bigger crowds? A quote we don't even know is true?

Feels like people are just running with it with absolutely zero evidence.
100% this.

I probably shouldn't have posted the Barrett article 🙃 It's the 'Pick 6 curse' post from yesterday all over again

So the manager wants to get one of his players out and has said his other client has zero interest in going to Melbourne.

I wonder why McKay's manager was so quick to say McKay had zero interest in joining Melbourne. Might be some issues he's aware of hey???

Somewhat strange how he worded that btw, could have just said he loves Carlton and is staying but he made sure to say he has no interest in joining Melbourne.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawns going to be the all Australian ruckman this year. Are you the Nostradamus of retiring age? See the champion out. And you know what, Gawn comes across genuine and totally grateful for what this club has given him and that’s all you can ask for as a supporter

Gawns going to be the all Australian ruckman this year. Are you the Nostradamus of retiring age? See the champion out. And you know what, Gawn comes across genuine and totally grateful for what this club has given him and that’s all you can ask for as a supporter
I believe Gawn would have stayed regardless and he does love the club. You're right. The others, no so much.

Why are you addressing the Gawn statement when he literally said that one was the least annoying?

Do you mean McKay?

Agree we leak like a sieve. Don't think that's helping the situation.

No Curnow, it was announced he had given a definite no before any other news about it had been announced so it was clear as day it was Tracs manager who leaked that as nobody else would have known.

I’m not arguing against the merit of the leak, just it shows leaks are coming from both camps.

I believe Gawn would have stayed regardless and he does love the club. You're right. The others, no so much.
Powers I do agree that we’ve handed out big contracts in the past but not just recently, it’s been going on for a few years now. No doubt it’s been a strategy to stop the big 4 taking our talent. It’s a strategy that makes sense for a smaller club with talent. That’s why this Trac situation infuriates me. If the big 4 come knocking and the money inc sponsorship is too good then I get it, but the way Trac is managing this is ugly

Powers I do agree that we’ve handed out big contracts in the past but not just recently, it’s been going on for a few years now. No doubt it’s been a strategy to stop the big 4 taking our talent. It’s a strategy that makes sense for a smaller club with talent. That’s why this Trac situation infuriates me. If the big 4 come knocking and the money inc sponsorship is too good then I get it, but the way Trac is managing this is ugly
Schmitt please for your reference

This is a pile of incoherent dribble that everyone who read was immediately dumber for doing.

Interesting how most of the media is actually going against Trac rather than backing him in. Wonder what they know, but there has been a lot more insinuation they think he is sooking it up than there is he is completely in the right.
They are beating things up for sure.

I wonder if Trac has actually been sucked in by some of it.

Interesting how most of the media is actually going against Trac rather than backing him in. Wonder what they know, but there has been a lot more insinuation they think he is sooking it up than there is he is completely in the right.
I think Tracs just not talking and the media is petty meanwhile the club seems happy to throw him under the bus. You only have to listen to the coach barely support him while saying yeah he's contracted he's staying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back