Past #5: Curtis Taylor - delisted after 68 NM games/30 NM goals - almost got Harry Styles in a NM jumper - thanks Curtis

Remove this Banner Ad

Could it be we have confirmation of someone else coming to the club?

Yeah, could well be, but he's not being re-rookied or any crap likethat, he's gone.

CT had all the tools to make it, when he began I thought we had one and a steal too. Although I honestly thought he saved himself late this season, he really only has himself to blame for not having a footy career any more. There wasn’t an easier club ever in the history of the game to get a game at and he blew it.

For a while I thought what if he was drafted by a stable team with good development in place. But then you remember those clubs all had two chances to take him (and could have traded in like we did) and didn't.

I do find it unusual that as the game becomes more and more about aerobic capacity, which we have a shortage of on our list, that we get rid of one of our best runners.

Will end up at the Saints & become a pretty handy role player me thinks...

I'd say he was told that, then took some time to think about it & realised the extra effort required would eat into his after hours activities & now we end up where we're at today :p

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised.

I do find it unusual that as the game becomes more and more about aerobic capacity, which we have a shortage of on our list, that we get rid of one of our best runners.

Will end up at the Saints & become a pretty handy role player me thinks...
It doesn’t matter how much you can run if you struggle to find the ball.

Really bitterly disappointing end to this, he genuinely had all the tools to be a pinch-hit up forward and a solid set shot on goal with good overhead marking.

Paul Curtis pretty much eclipsed him very rapidly and found himself towards the wing and it was all downhill from there.

Nobody to blame but himself really, I don't think he pushed for a spot as hard as he could have or took his game to another level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another wasted footy career. Incredible that Dermie had big wraps on this guy. Thought he put some good games together in that decent patch after the bye. Still, he’s just another in the long list at North of players just happy to be on an AFL list collecting a decent pay packet. Would thrive at a Geelong or Sydney I reckon.

Another wasted footy career. Incredible that Dermie had big wraps on this guy. Thought he put some good games together in that decent patch after the bye. Still, he’s just another in the long list at North of players just happy to be on an AFL list collecting a decent pay packet. Would thrive at a Geelong or Sydney I reckon.

Don't think so, you are expected to train hard at Geelong and Sydney.

North Melbourne's loss is Flemintons gain. Probably ends up at the Saints and learns how to football consistently ala Mason Wood.

North Melbourne's loss is Flemintons gain. Probably ends up at the Saints and learns how to football consistently ala Mason Wood.
Hate the Mason Wood comparison.

Mason had multiple match winning performances with us and was always a complete professional in the work he put into presenting with an AFL body. Injuries and confidence just let him down at the end of his time with us.

Curtis Taylor still looks like a 12 year old boy.

Hate the Mason Wood comparison.

Mason had multiple match winning performances with us and was always a complete professional in the work he put into presenting with an AFL body. Injuries and confidence just let him down at the end of his time with us.

Curtis Taylor still looks like a 12 year old boy.
Don't disagree but as I said "football consistently". I loved Mase, and am happy to see how the back end of his career is working. His best was very very good. Injuries and lack of confidence = inconsistent though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #5: Curtis Taylor - delisted after 68 NM games/30 NM goals - almost got Harry Styles in a NM jumper - thanks Curtis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back