Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame. I still think he has potential if he put in the work
LOL He has been at the club for 6 years.

And hasnt put in the required work.

You look at his body shape now and how he looked in the draft highlights reel, when we drafted him, and not much has changed.

He has had his chance.

Would rather free up a spot and give a youngster a go.

Shame. I still think he has potential if he put in the work
Whilst I don't rate him very highly, have said before on here that he has some elements- footy iq, endurance, marking- that could make a player at a club with a strong system able to deliver him a jolt.

Sydney came to mind.

I can easily see him Mason Wood-ing it up at a different club in the future but yeah, it's just not going to work out at North for whatever reason so I wouldn't be too bothered.

I can easily see him Mason Wood-ing it up at a different club in the future but yeah, it's just not going to work out at North for whatever reason so I wouldn't be too bothered.
I don't like relating the 2 as I feel like Mason conducted himself as a complete pro while he was with us but just through injury, confidence, timing etc. he just wasn't able to get the best of himself consistently at North.

I don't like relating the 2 as I feel like Mason conducted himself as a complete pro while he was with us but just through injury, confidence, timing etc. he just wasn't able to get the best of himself consistently at North.

Agreed for sure. I just meant in the broader, more abstract 'I wish we could have made this work' sense - though I suppose we've tried our best in this instance. And, of course, Taylor has to actually go places at another club too first. He might bow out of footy altogether if delisted, who knows.

Whilst I don't rate him very highly, have said before on here that he has some elements- footy iq, endurance, marking- that could make a player at a club with a strong system able to deliver him a jolt.

Sydney came to mind.
geelong too

taylor will find a home if we don't offer him a contract; getting some trade value will be the tricky part

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t understand the hate this guy draws from a number of posters on this board. Maybe it’s just the ease with which he moves in social circles, or the ability to get a selfie with Harry Styles?

Not everyone succeeds at the top level, and when they don’t it isn’t always due to a lack of work. Not everyone can put on bulk - some do it easily, some struggle to do it at all.

At this stage, he is what he is. A player who has shown he can play effectively at the top level but who struggles to do it well consistently.

Given our list demographics I’d definitely sign him on for another year or two. In the unlikely event it all suddenly clicks for him, we could have another player who is capable of turning a match.

On the other hand, if, as is more likely, he gets surpassed by the young crew, all the better. We’ve still got an experienced AFL footballer who can slot into the wing or HFF should injury hit us, or should the kids need a change up.

I don’t understand the hate this guy draws from a number of posters on this board. Maybe it’s just the ease with which he moves in social circles, or the ability to get a selfie with Harry Styles?

Not everyone succeeds at the top level, and when they don’t it isn’t always due to a lack of work. Not everyone can put on bulk - some do it easily, some struggle to do it at all.

At this stage, he is what he is. A player who has shown he can play effectively at the top level but who struggles to do it well consistently.

Given our list demographics I’d definitely sign him on for another year or two. In the unlikely event it all suddenly clicks for him, we could have another player who is capable of turning a match.

On the other hand, if, as is more likely, he gets surpassed by the young crew, all the better. We’ve still got an experienced AFL footballer who can slot into the wing or HFF should injury hit us, or should the kids need a change up.
I feel that the glimpses of when he has had good moments/games suggests he's capable of more than his output which tends to draw a lot of criticism.

Even ignoring the fact he hasn't put on bulk, he clearly hasn't improved his core strength as seen by him being consistently brushed off with a lot of his attempted tackles. For someone who is at the crossroads of his career he doesn't appear to have worked hard enough on improving his limitations.

Dunno about hate, go read some bailey scott, toby pink posts ..

But fact remains he is a depth player at best if we are challenging.

Dunno about hate, go read some bailey scott, toby pink posts ..

But fact remains he is a depth player at best if we are challenging.
Well he’s no more than depth based on his form this season. But players sometimes surprise - eg Xerri this year. I’m not holding my breath on CT, but we’re going to need improvement from many places if we’re going to challenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back