5 Favourite Game Characters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
We all have our favourite games, so i thought it would be good to name your 5 favourite characters of all time.

My top 5:

1. John Marston (Red Dead Redemption) Rockstar's best character and best story IMO

2. Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed 2 and BH) Seeing Ezio grow from a teenage hooligan into the master Assassin has been a pleasure, and i'm only half way through BH!

3. Glados (Portal) Absolutely memorable from beginning to end. Best closing song ever?

4. Captain Price (COD 4 and MW2) He was a hard ass who did what it takes to get the job done

5. Niko Belic (GTA 4) Had a depth to him that the protaganists in the previous GTA's did not. CJ, Tommy were all good characters, but Niko was something else

Expecting a fair bit of Drake from the PS3 boys, but i haven't played enough of 1 or 2 to have him in.

Whats your top 5?

normal_Dead_or_Alive_Xtreme_Beach_Volleyball_9.jpg

kasumi-doa-volleyball.jpg

wallpaper_dead_or_alive_xtreme_beach_volleyball_09_1024.jpg

tinax2_2.jpg

dead_or_alive_xtreme_beach_volleyball_2_31.jpg

nuff said

^^
Haha, I like the way you think.

Me (super cereal), I'd say

1. Billy Grey from GTA IV: The lost and the damned.
2. Gabriel Knight from the Gabriel Knight Trilogy
3. Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey Island
4. The Avatar from Ultima
5. SHODAN from System Shock

1) Ezio Auditori da Firenze - grand name, grand character. Tough mother****er who put his **** away to save his country. Respect

2) Nico Belic - hard nut crazy Russian pyscho with a heart of gold

3) Nate Drake - all style. Just gets the job and the women done. Looks incredible (the game, that is).

4) Max Payne - just a wasted mother****er. A bad dude in a bad place

5) 47 the bad ass grim reaper of the rich, famous and other nasty types of people. A seriously bad bald dude

special mention) - Princess Toad - this well bred cocktease is the inspiration for two of the freakiest foes in gaming. I just hope Mario got some action "in another castle"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. John Marston (Red dead Redemption): Great Character has a personality and is in a great game.

2. Mario (Various): Classic all round character.

3. Marcus Fenix (Gears of War 1, 2): Maybe its just that i love gears but still a great character.

4. Niko Belic (GTA IV): Best character out of GTA game in my opinion.

5. Sergeant Reznov (COD WAW, COD BLACK OPS): In my opinion the best character from Cod campaigns that i have played. Practically made Cod 5 and black ops more interesting.

Most of the ones I thought have been named, I'll try and do a couple of new ones

1. Kratos (GoW) - couldn't leave him out. never takes a backward step in the series (stated in one of the GoW3 videos I think)

2. The Boss (MGS3) - what she does in this game is incredible. the final part of the final fight is something I won't forget

3. Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) - guy goes to the forbidden land with nothing but a sword and bow and arrow and takes on 16 colossi for a chance to revive his dead girlfriend

4. James Sutherland (Silent Hill 2) - dude receives a letter from his dead wife, goes to the ghost town of Silent Hill and pretty much goes mental from the town and his own guilt/inner demons as you progress into the game

5. Isaac Clarke (Dead Space) - an engineer who is sent out to investigate a deep space mining ship gone dark, which his girlfriend happens to be on. quickly gets isolated from his crew and has to take on necromorphs with whatever weapons he can, while trying to figure out how to escape the ship

Ezio Auditore - AC2, AC:B

Nathan Drake - UC: Drakes Fortune, UC2:Among Thieves

John Marston - RDR

CJ - GTA San Andreas

Sora - Kingdom Hearts I, II.

**** YOU AND YOUR TOP 5 I'LL DO A TOP 25.

My personal top 25 based on many things.

1. Mario - (Mario series)

2. Solid Snake (Metal Gear series)

3. Link (Legend of Zelda series)

4. Nathan Drake (Uncharted series)

5. The Boss - (Metal Gear Solid 3) - the best story surrounding a "villain" in a video game. Only appeared in one game (although her spirit and backstory was explored in Peace Walker) but shaped the story of every Metal Gear game (with MGS3 being a prequel). Shaped what happened to Big Boss, the main villain of Metal Gear, and got you thinking who is a villain.

6. Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic series)- bit of a personal bias but man did he really capture the 90s audience. Anything past Sonic Adventure has really painted him as an annoying git by giving him a voice but 2D Sonic was awesome. Portrayed so much 'edge' without any explicit story telling whatsoever, it was just in the little things he did, from the annoyed wait animation to the subtle looks on his face.

7. G-Man (Halflife series) - To many, Freeman makes the games but to me it's G-Man, especially Half Life 2. This mysterious villain (or is he?) seems to direct all of events and it further hammers down how stoic Freema is. I can't wait for cutscenes (or whatever they're called on HL) featuring this guy.

8. Kratos (God of War series)

9. John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)

10. GLaDOS (Portal)

11. Niko Belic (Grand Theft Auto IV)

12. Gannondorf (Legend of Zelda series)

13. Big Boss/Naked Snake (Metal Gear series)

14. Gordon Freeman (Half-Life series)

15. Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island series)

16. Samus Aran (Metroid series)

17. Sub Zero (Mortal Kombat series)

18. Fox McCloud (Starfox series)

19. Revolver Ocelot/Liquid Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid series)

20. Ryu (Street Fighter series)

21. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat series)

22. Raiden (Metal Gear Solid series)

23. Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

24. Cole (inFamous)

25. Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)

Half way through Mass Effect at the moment and not sure what to make of Shephard. He kinda is what you make of him with it being a Western RPG.

1. Kratos (GoW) - Great character. Best thing about Kratos is that he doesn't constantly pander to the audience by attempting to save random character [x], he's motivated by his own emotions (which is rare considering all the bland protagonists in most big budget games).

2. Yoshimitsu (Tekken/Soulcalibur) - I never played Soulcalibur, but he was always first picked when playing Tekken. Fun move set and awesome character designs (best in Tekken 3).

3. Harold McDougal (Red Dead Redemption) - One of the many amusing minor characters in Red Dead Redemption. I also liked Irish, Seth, Nigel and a few of the characters from the stranger missions.

4. Crash (Crash Bandicoot) - Crash was awesome. He may have been quite similar to quite a few other mid-90's mascots with attitude, but none of them had shit on Crash.

5. Kill Master (Brutal Legend) - Lemmy <3.

Remove this Banner Ad

5 Favourite Game Characters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back