Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:

Works his guts out.
Continually leads.
Actually kicks goals.
Reliable shot at goal.
Gun.

Improvement required:

Ruck work (Just need him to break even when Goldie has a break).

Gerard Healy said 'On The Couch' tonight that after watching Ben Brown on the weekend it is the first time he actually thought that North can win the flag. Huge wrap. He was then wrapped up big time by Browny and Dunstall. The footy world is starting to take notice.

Gerard Healy said 'On The Couch' tonight that after watching Ben Brown on the weekend it is the first time he actually thought that North can win the flag. Huge wrap. He was then wrapped up big time by Browny and Dunstall. The footy world is starting to take notice.

Healy thinks we can win the flag.

Oh well, time to rebuild fellas. We're no chance.

Only a couple years ago he was a SERIAL NORTH HATER… looks like either his new main squeeze is a North fan or the light inside his head has switched on..

Healy thinks we can win the flag.

KISS OF DEATH.. I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It shocked me to hear that coming from Healy who usually gives us no credit for anything.

I have been having similiar thoughts about Brown during the first few weeks of the season. In stark contrast to the rivals for his spot in Black and Daw, he almost always wins or at least halves the contest. This is pretty rare for a player of his inexperience and makes you wonder how good he could end up.

It shocked me to hear that coming from Healy who usually gives us no credit for anything.

I have been having similiar thoughts about Brown during the first few weeks of the season. In stark contrast to the rivals for his spot in Black and Daw, he almost always wins or at least halves the contest. This is pretty rare for a player of his inexperience and makes you wonder how good he could end up.

Yep. He leads at the right time.

Being o/s I'm always watching on TV, so I never get to see him start his leads. But when they cut to him he's normally in pretty much exactly the right place.

I just read a book called 'Bounce' about the talent myth. It argues that in any complex activity, it's practice and hard work that determine success. I reckon Big Ben Brown is proof positive of this. Long may he continue to improve.

There's a pretty funny bit about Sideshow (& Tarrant) on The Guardian website by Russell Jackson in his 'AFL: What to look out for in round 4'.
Sideshow being described as a 'rogue cavalry man' and 'a glorious, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it episode from the sixth season of the frustrating cable drama series, Robbie Tarrant' are some of the highlights.

Ben Brown journalist!

Sideshow has an article on players' pre game superstitions in the Hun today. He's studying journalism at Deakin.

I hope he's not hanging out with Robbo.

Some defenders don't realise his athletic ability... he can sprint off his marker in a matter of seconds and mark it uncontested with ease. Defenders don't give him enough respect I suppose.
The twit who let him kick the second goal on the weekend...

Black's just had a shoulder reconstruction, and he's a leading, marking forward ...If he regains form and confidence this year it would be a bonus.

Often amazed by the lack of consideration of effects of injuries on players in Big Footy universe. Tarrant a classic case - half the board claims he has no talent, when he's been a basket case for most of his career at nth ...
Garner a mild case.

He is basically Corey McKernan '99 version. Not quite the freak Corey was in the ruck 94-97, but who in history ever has been?

His long range bombs with a 1.5m draw every time starting at the right hand goal post is something to behold. He is a clutch player after 13 games. It's quite ridiculous.

He is basically Corey McKernan '99 version. Not quite the freak Corey was in the ruck 94-97, but who in history ever has been?

His long range bombs with a 1.5m draw every time starting at the right hand goal post is something to behold. He is a clutch player after 13 games. It's quite ridiculous.

He's 21.

He could be anything.

I just read a book called 'Bounce' about the talent myth. It argues that in any complex activity, it's practice and hard work that determine success. I reckon Big Ben Brown is proof positive of this. Long may he continue to improve.
I can't remember the reference but I was told talent is only 47% (was in context of footballers/soccer players in Germany).

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Back