Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Is 10x the player Tom Boyd is minus the ridiculous salary.
Too early to tell.....dont judge the lad (Boyd) on where he went in the draft and who paid what for him. Scully is in the same class , but he does his job and plays his role in a team full of young stars. Some of these kids are getting overs but thats not their fault but in the same breath they'll take whats on offer.

This kid is 22, played 16 games and is 200cm+, let's take a look at his numbers for 2015 thus far: 11.0 disposals, 6.0 marks and 2.4 goals per game. He is on target to have a 50 goal season playing alongside Waite and Petrie.

We found our Petrie replacement from no where, really happy for him.

This kid is 22, played 16 games and is 200cm+, let's take a look at his numbers for 2015 thus far: 11.0 disposals, 6.0 marks and 2.4 goals per game. He is on target to have a 50 goal season playing alongside Waite and Petrie.

We found our Petrie replacement from no where, really happy for him.

Now if we just play him forward for his whole career he might be able to become and fully fledged elite forward that strikes fear into other sides.

Now if we just play him forward for his whole career he might be able to become and fully fledged elite forward that strikes fear into other sides.

It's exciting isn't it.

He's played a total of 16 games- avg 5 marks a game and two goals. Not sure you can ask for much more.

How good was Brown's marking. He was hitting the ball at the top of his jump.

How can an athletic ruck/forward with great hands and great work ethic go undrafted in 5 drafts?

"Overlooked for three drafts before making his way to an AFL club, Ben Brown represented Tasmania in the 2010 Under 18 National Championships.

However he tore his anterior cruciate ligament which resulted in the key position player being overlooked. The following year was again restricted by groin injuries, and Brown returned to Glenorchy for 2012".

Lucky for us he suffered injuries

Was Rance playing on him today? If so, it's fair respect already for the opposition to send their best defender to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has a very weird style, because of his long arms you wouldn't think he is strong in the one on ones, but he very rarely gets beaten.

Is one of the smartest forwards out there, times his running and always protects the drop zone. can't believe he isn't talked about as one of the up and comers.

He just keeps getting better doesn't he. I'ts his work around the ground that makes him so likable. People will start talking about him when he starts crashing packs, but for now that's not his job and he knows it. Very smart footballer

He just keeps getting better doesn't he. I'ts his work around the ground that makes him so likable. People will start talking about him when he starts crashing packs, but for now that's not his job and he knows it. Very smart footballer

I'd love to see his running numbers, even though he looks gangly he covers the ground so well too.

Absolute gun. There were a few on here (including me) that were a bit skeptical when we picked him up.

I'd love to see his running numbers, even though he looks gangly he covers the ground so well too.

Absolute gun. There were a few on here (including me) that were a bit skeptical when we picked him up.

Yeah I never got that people were surprised that we drafted him. Pretty much every Werribee game that was televised the commentators always said Brown was a chance to get drafted by us. Anyways he's ours now and we're lucky to have the big goofy basterd

Seeing him grow in confidence is bloody great also. The bloke will be starting all in blues next, and tossing the coin too if he keeps up this rate of improved impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Back