50 names on recruiters lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Weaver said:
The slowish, skilled centreman who gets the ball but can't run and get into space is another who can struggle to get picked up unless he is exceptional. I'd put Fielding, Eddy and Djerkurra in that group.
Djerkurra from NT? From what I've seen and heard, he's actually exceptionally quick and is very evasive. Could be wrong though.

WorthTheWaite said:
Djerkurra from NT? From what I've seen and heard, he's actually exceptionally quick and is very evasive. Could be wrong though.

He aint slow at all, but he can look lethargic at times, which sometimes may cause a player to appear slow, but he would run a very good 20m time at draft camp I would have thought.

Good work there Weaver :thumbsu: but I knew you would miss out Hurley :p

IMO he would have to be considered, he is already standing out at SANFL level and he kicks goals, often 2 a game from his 25-30 touches a game. Just think he is too hard to ignore.

Thomas from what he has shown in the underage comps over here and ressies would also be pretty likely. But at end of the day you have named 50 blokes and they all look pretty good to me, selection criteria is good as well.

Few other blokes not playing carnival that will definitely be considered from SA:

Justin Westhoff and Gavin Hughes.

Thunderstruck said:
Few other blokes not playing carnival that will definitely be considered from SA:

Justin Westhoff and Gavin Hughes.

Interested to know what you thought of Westhoff Thunderstruck as you obviously see a fair bit of him. In the few games I've seen of him on ABC2 he's looked impressive up forward. Perhaps it's the hair but he reminds me a little of Hentschel. Still looks like he needs some physical development, but is only 19 years old.

Thunderstruck said:
Good work there Weaver :thumbsu: but I knew you would miss out Hurley :p

IMO he would have to be considered, he is already standing out at SANFL level and he kicks goals, often 2 a game from his 25-30 touches a game. Just think he is too hard to ignore.

I just think that he doesn't have the pace to break out into space. His kicks are mostly 30-40m and lack penetration. He often puts teammates under pressure and many of his possesions are the result of getting the ball back after fluffing a kick or handball. Other than getting the ball I don't think there is much to his game, and getting the ball is not highly regarded these days.

Thunderstruck said:
Thomas from what he has shown in the underage comps over here and ressies would also be pretty likely.

I think Houli, Jetta, Collard, Gray would be ahead of him. It wouldn't be too many years when 5 similar forward / rovers get taken in the draft proper. I think Thomas may simply be a little too far back in the queue and be a rookie candidate.

Thunderstruck said:

Yeah, I have no way of knowing about the SA / WA guys who haven't popped up in a carnival so there will always be 5-6 of those I miss every year.

Whilst I agree with your analysis on Hurley, I doubt he wont get drafted. I think 3rd or 4th round is more likely than not, but to say he will be overlooked by all 16 clubs is a big statement. Hell, for a 4th round pick, why wouldn't you take your chances on a prominent ballwinner, in the hope that they can improve their skills or turn into a player similar to Daniel Cross, and just dish out the hands.

I thought Hurley was reminiscent of Angus Monfries at the same age. I think it will be interesting to see how some talented 17 year olds will develop in the second half of the TAC cup season. I would have thought Dean Putt from the Calder Cannons is one player who will be looked at pretty closely.

Wat happened 2 Grant Weeks, Colbonabbin/Bendigo Pioneers/Victoria Country? Tarrent is over-rated, lives on his brothers fame, the only thing appart from being Chris Tarrents bro is his size, he's a dud!

nesko_25 said:
Wat happened 2 Grant Weeks, Colbonabbin/Bendigo Pioneers/Victoria Country? Tarrent is over-rated, lives on his brothers fame, the only thing appart from being Chris Tarrents bro is his size, he's a dud!

u toser how can u crucify this kid when clearly u havent seen him play.....ill stand corrected if u tell me you have see robbie play.....the kid is a gun and wil be a gun cant wait till your kickin yourself u abosolute ****.e.r

I only saw the one NT game at the Champs. But thought Joseph Anderson looked pretty good. Has the prototypical size and pace of the modern day footballer. He was named in the teams best but that was the last I heard of him. Just curious as to why he didn't crack your list of 50 Weaver.

tigers1au said:
I only saw the one NT game at the Champs. But thought Joseph Anderson looked pretty good. Has the prototypical size and pace of the modern day footballer. He was named in the teams best but that was the last I heard of him. Just curious as to why he didn't crack your list of 50 Weaver.

does look very quick and skillful. apparently he was injured in the 2nd game and missed the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smith from QLD..bagged 12 goals which i think was the highest for the championships, including 7 in 1 game. took some good contested grabs and seems quick on the lead. apparently runs around the very low 10min mark for the 3k and so wouldn't of minded seeing him play in the midfield. any chance of a late pick?

stripes said:
does look very quick and skillful. apparently he was injured in the 2nd game and missed the last.

There were some good standouts from the NT side... anderson, djekurra, cubillo and cadona.. i thought these blokes led the way for the younger blokes in the team.. it was good to see the boys made up for last years shameful performance..

WorthTheWaite said:

Was a very quick schoolboy athlete. It's hard to believe anyone could describe him as slow.

tigers1au said:

Joe Anderson was BF for the Darwin Buffs who won the premiership here in Darwin. Not bad for a 17yo! I think from reading various boards he had a solid, but not spectacular carnival.

Another I was interested in was Austin Wonaemirri (who played with St Marys - the runners up). How was his carnival?

Charlie Sharples and Cyril Rioli are two other well regarded juniors who have not been spoken of much either.

Djevv said:
Joe Anderson was BF for the Darwin Buffs who won the premiership here in Darwin. Not bad for a 17yo! I think from reading various boards he had a solid, but not spectacular carnival.

Another I was interested in was Austin Wonaemirri (who played with St Marys - the runners up). How was his carnival?

Charlie Sharples and Cyril Rioli are two other well regarded juniors who have not been spoken of much either.

Austin was heavily tagged during the carnival but still gave the NT plenty of run.. Austin often gets alot of the ball but so does his man. Cyril offered alot up forward the NT but lets himself down sometimes with his finishing skills.

Thurry said:
u toser how can u crucify this kid when clearly u havent seen him play.....ill stand corrected if u tell me you have see robbie play.....the kid is a gun and wil be a gun cant wait till your kickin yourself u abosolute ****.e.r

I've seen him play, i've actually played on him during an inter-league carnival. He wouldn go into the pack and relied on people giving him the ball.

Weaver, what are the reasons you chose to put Robbie Tarrant on that list??

Thurry, have you seen Tarrant play? What makes him so good?

nesko_25 said:
I've seen him play, i've actually played on him during an inter-league carnival. He wouldn go into the pack and relied on people giving him the ball.

U played on rob tarrent what when he was 14 have u seen thje kid now about 6'4 95kg and im pretty sure when u play a postion like CHF u do rely on people gettin th ball to you but u would no that...he has had a **** run wit injury but wil be a gun.. just proves how much u no nothin about anythin..

chooker said:
Weaver, what are the reasons you chose to put Robbie Tarrant on that list??

Thurry, have you seen Tarrant play? What makes him so good?

During the pioneers practice matches he present well..if he didnt take the mark which he normally did he bought the ball to ground moves well good kick..

Thurry said:
U played on rob tarrent what when he was 14 have u seen thje kid now about 6'4 95kg and im pretty sure when u play a postion like CHF u do rely on people gettin th ball to you but u would no that...he has had a **** run wit injury but wil be a gun.. just proves how much u no nothin about anythin..

Under 16s carnival actually. I've also seen him train with the pio's and play a praccie 4 them. At CHF u hit the packs hard and crash a few players, he doesnt do that! he relys on the ball getting kicked 2 him lace out! And i've won a premiership playin and CHF.

Remove this Banner Ad

50 names on recruiters lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Back