50 names on recruiters lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmonds young talented tall stocks do a look a bit thin at the moment. I could see Lee blossom Under the guidance of Terry Wallace and Steve ALlesio down at Punt Rd though, and being able to learn off possibly the next All Australian Ruckman in Troy Simmonds would do a world of good for him. Let me tell u the kid has improved out of sight in the last couple of years from when he was playing in Mildura and if that improvement is anything to go by then he could do wonders for Richmond in a few years time. They would be pretty stupid not to pick him using a third round father son selection in my eyes.

xfactor said:
Richmonds young talented tall stocks do a look a bit thin at the moment. I could see Lee blossom Under the guidance of Terry Wallace and Steve ALlesio down at Punt Rd though, and being able to learn off possibly the next All Australian Ruckman in Troy Simmonds would do a world of good for him. Let me tell u the kid has improved out of sight in the last couple of years from when he was playing in Mildura and if that improvement is anything to go by then he could do wonders for Richmond in a few years time. They would be pretty stupid not to pick him using a third round father son selection in my eyes.

Can he jump? At 197cm he'd need to have a v good leap to survive as an AFL ruck. Can he play forward at all?

He can certainly jump alright. That is his main asset. Currently plays alot like Troy Simmonds from Richmond for the Pio's. He knows that he isnt exaclty ruckman hieght yet and that is why he has been trying to develop in forward key position game. As most of you astute football wacthers know, it takes time to learn how to play key positions like that, but the main thing is that atleast the kids willing to learn and put in the hard yards. Played up forward alot for the weeks leading up to the Vic Country trials and that might have cost him a spot as a ruckman in the Country team.

Been talking to some other Pioneers people and we had an interesting chat over Geary and Avery and who is more valuable to the team. We both agreed that it was certainly Avery because of his skills, athletisicm and drive that he gives off the back line. Geary does alot but mainly because of Averys good work. Any thoughts on this gentlemen??? Also lets keep the posts up lately I have been the only one talking.

To Weaver...Do you have an opinion on possible draft chances from players currently in the VFL...especially those players who were considered in the 2005 draft but were not chosen.

MCGBEAST said:
To Weaver...Do you have an opinion on possible draft chances from players currently in the VFL...especially those players who were considered in the 2005 draft but were not chosen.

I know post is addressed at weaver but one i have been thinking of is Steve Clifton. Playing for the roosters/kangaroos he is now a starting on-baller ahead of several kangaroos draftees, and was BOG in their win last wknd. This is after being the leading possession winner in the TAC last year.

xfactor said:
Been talking to some other Pioneers people and we had an interesting chat over Geary and Avery and who is more valuable to the team. We both agreed that it was certainly Avery because of his skills, athletisicm and drive that he gives off the back line. Geary does alot but mainly because of Averys good work. Any thoughts on this gentlemen??? Also lets keep the posts up lately I have been the only one talking.
Do agree dane avery is a good player, but considering how much geary has done for him since his moved to bendigo i dont think its fair that they are compared to each.. As for Avery athletisicm you are well off below 50 in verticle jump, 3.40 for 20m sprint and battles to reach 10 in a beap.

Mate I do agree that Geary has done alotfor him since he has moved down but unfortunately at the end of the year the recruiters wont look at how much who has done for who and they will invetiably be compared, that is the nature of journey they are in. Mate dont know where you get your facts from becuase I know 100% that Avery has never done vertical leaps test or a 20m sprint. I do have wrd from the inner sanctum at Bendigo though that he is one of the quiker blokes in the team. As for the beap test, that will imporve. I no that when he isnt training or playing he is working very hard on his endurance.
By the way Kirky#2 maybe you should concentrate on your own game and try and get drafted yourself rather than dising your own team mates on here. I thought you were a man of higher integrity than that. I was obviously wrong.

xfactor said:
at the end of the year the recruiters wont look at how much who has done for who and they will invetiably be compared, that is the nature of journey they are in.
In what way will recruiters compare a 183cm midfielder to a 190cm defender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

xfactor said:
compare which one will best satisfy there needs, which one will add a greater value to thier team.

Geary and Avery both great players but they are out classed by there fellow team mate by Lech Fetherstone who is a level above... more pontential then both of them put together although a bit slugish in the athletism test ie 20m 3.89 vertical leap.. 41cm and beep of 8.8 but he is a natural footballer and that is what clubs are after.. still bottom age so expect huge things from him next year if he doesnt go late this year..Other ones to watch by the way Adam Lyubicic yet to play but wil suprise alot when gets the chance also Jordan Florance with a nose like that how could he not stand out..some feedback feel free

Thurry said:
Geary and Avery both great players but they are out classed by there fellow team mate by Lech Fetherstone who is a level above... more pontential then both of them put together although a bit slugish in the athletism test ie 20m 3.89 vertical leap.. 41cm and beep of 8.8 but he is a natural footballer and that is what clubs are after.. still bottom age so expect huge things from him next year if he doesnt go late this year..Other ones to watch by the way Adam Lyubicic yet to play but wil suprise alot when gets the chance also Jordan Florance with a nose like that how could he not stand out..some feedback feel free
Agreed. cant wait for Lyubicic gets a game.. Great skills wouldnt except to see many possies in the ineffective column

i was just wondering what everyones thoughts are on Rob Gray. Will he get drafted?
and also Brett Meredith from Northern. Missed out on Metro due to a knee injury, but has still been very impressive.

:15:34 PM Wed 19 July, 2006

Sandringham Dragons Josh Kennedy signs on:thumbsu: :) :D

The Kennedy family name will be revived at Hawthorn, as the club has announced that Josh Kennedy, the son of John jnr and grandson of John snr, will be selected under the father/son rule - the club's third round pick - at this year's November NAB AFL Draft.

The club made the announcement at Waverley Park on Wednesday with the three generations of Kennedys - John snr, John jnr and Josh - in attendance, along with Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson, who said Josh was a "a quality young lad".

"We're absolutely delighted of course at the footy club that the Kennedy name continues to have such an important place in the club and it's been a long journey for Josh, because as soon as he was born, I'm sure everyone said: 'There's a Kennedy, I hope he ends up like his Dad or his Granddad'," Clarkson said.

"So he's had to carry that expectation for his whole life thus far and that's going to continue, so it's been a tough journey and it's only going to get tougher … because getting onto an AFL list is only the first step and the hardest work is yet to be done and he acknowledges that which is great.

"But we know that he comes from pretty good stock … but we think he's going to be a very good player for us."

Josh Kennedy said it was a "huge honour" and a "pretty overwhelming" experience.

"I just feel very privileged to be here and like Dad said, I realise that it's only the first step and there is a lot of hard work to be done from here on," Kennedy said.

He said it was a life-long ambition to play for the club.

"It's definitely always been in the back of my mind and always been something I've aspired to," Kennedy said.

A strongly-built 188cm and 88kg inside midfielder/utility, Kennedy is captain of Xavier College and a member of the Sandringham Dragons in the TAC Cup.

He possesses fine leadership qualities and character and is regarded as a better kick than John jnr, although he plays in a similar style to his father.

The 18-year-old has been hindered by a knee injury this season, which denied him the opportunity to represent Vic Metro in the recent NAB AFL under 18 championships.

But after missing the past eight weeks, he returned to skipper Xavier College last weekend against soon-to-be teammate Xavier Ellis, who returned to captain Melbourne Grammar, after he played three matches for the Box Hill Hawks in the VFL.

The feats of the Kennedys are legendary. John snr played 164 matches from 1950-59, winning the club's best-and-fairest award in 1950-51-52 and 1954.

He then coached the Hawks from 1960-63 and 1967-76, guiding the club in 298 matches and recording 181 wins - including three premierships in 1961 (Hawthorn's first flag), 1971 and 1976 - while he was named the club's coach of the century. Kennedy then coached North Melbourne from 1985-89.

Kennedy snr said he hoped it "all works out well for him" when asked his thoughts.

"I try to keep out of his way. He's got a good family and he's got a father that knows a fair bit about it, so I don't burden him with any further superficial advice - except to be wary of the media," Kennedy snr said.

"I'm very happy to be part of the family. Hawthorn has been a big part of my life and John's too and I hope it'll be just as big a part of Josh's life."

John Kennedy jnr played 241 matches from 1979-91 and finished his career as a four-time premiership player, having won flags in 1983, 1986 and 1988-89.

Kennedy jnr was proud of his son, but understood that it was only the beginning of his AFL journey.

"There is still a lot of water to go under the bridge and he's got to do everything that is required to ensure that he's able to get a game and it's very competitive … there's no guarantees and he's got a lot of work to do … from here on in it's really up to him," Kennedy jnr said.

"But certainly he's got all the resources at his disposal to enable him to give it the best shot he can, but certainly he's got a long way to go yet."

The Kennedys will now join an illustrious group, becoming a select few to have three generations of a family who all played for the same club at VFL/AFL level.

The list is as follows:

Bourke - Richmond: Frank, Francis, David
Cordner - Melbourne: Ted R, Ted P, David
Dwyer - North Melbourne/Kangaroos: Leo, Laurie, Anthony, David
Green - Collingwood: Jack W, Jack T, Jack W.
Hird - Essendon: Allan snr, Allan jnr, James
Matthews - South Melbourne/Sydney: E.Herb, J.Herbie, Herbie J
Munday/Woolnough - Geelong: Bill Munday, Jim Munday, Mark Woolnough
Pannam/Richards - Collingwood: Charlie H.Pannam, Alby C.Pannam, Charlie E.Pannam, Lou Richards, Ron A.Richards
Rankin - Geelong: Teddy, Bert, Cliff, Doug, Graeme
Russo/Ball - St Kilda: Felix Russo, Peter Russo, Luke Ball

Thurry said:
That is absolutely crap. 3.89 for 20m??? People like Jetta would totally own him.. Jetta would be at least 1 second faster than that bloke... 8.8 for a beep?? In Primary school I got more than that!!:eek:

crowsarethebest said:
That is absolutely crap. 3.89 for 20m??? People like Jetta would totally own him.. Jetta would be at least 1 second faster than that bloke... 8.8 for a beep?? In Primary school I got more than that!!:eek:

Mate i think thurry was kidding about Lech but he is a bloody big kid though

I've been thinking about how we can replace footydraft and how we can help and we should be able to at least get a list up and going.Anyone that is interested PM me your top 50 and I will put up a weekly list of the top choices in order.I'm think of a points based system with the 1st choice getting 50pts, the second 49pts,third 48pts etc.This is the only way I can think of so if anyone's interested send me a top 50 if you want and I'll see if I can get it underway.

Remove this Banner Ad

50 names on recruiters lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Back