Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - managed vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

They threw up on the wireless this a.m;
. Ross
. Sheil
. Ward
. Yeo

🙄 No thanks. If they were 26.....maybe.

I think we need 2 years out of a player, Two I've mentioned are Jarryd Lyons. He still finds the footy, he could share some midfield minutes so it's not always just kids. Jack Graham as a FA the other, has a lot more footy than 2 years ahead of him. Zurhaar leaving hurts our ability to hit FA.

Yeo won't leave, i think Ward is just about done, Shiel turns the footy over, not sure Ross leaves either.

Parfitt i was keen on but seems to have become regular 22.

Morris even suggested Prestia which would be a bad move considering he can’t stay fit.

Prestia pulled a hammy just reading the Morris tweet.

Ward is 34 - one concussion = done
Sheil 31 - eternally injured
Ross turning 31 - meh
Yeo 31 in October - 2 years of injury '22, '23
Prestia 32 in October - Has borrowed Taylor Garner's hamstrings.

jon stewart middle finger GIF

You *er I sprayed my drink while watching that 🤣🤣

Georges second half was ******* brilliant.

When he plays like that for a full game, heads are gonna spin all over the AFL...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, when he became more active in the 2nd half in the middle we saw one of our few goals from a centre clearance:
1714493698899.png

The difference is we do it 1-2 times a game, and our opponents do it 3-4 times a quarter lol

Yep, when he became more active in the 2nd half in the middle we saw one of our few goals from a centre clearance:
View attachment 1975712

The difference is we do it 1-2 times a game, and our opponents do it 3-4 times a quarter lol
Yep, and look at those who are doing it for us. George Sheez and sometimes Powell. We should have LDU Simpkin Taryn Thomas Luke McDonald in their prime years leading by example. So crook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry for the intrusion i guess (why do people say this it's a discussion website, reminds me of 'first time caller, long-time listener).

but anyway first time i've really watched this guy. serious, serious player. powerful physically when he seeks contact, backs himself to bust the tackles, or at least wear the heat. then, and this is the step-up part he kicks little bullets. he's like if sam mitchell's ~20m bullets met clayton oliver's physicality. and his mentality is pure aggression, hodge-like really.

and then there's his work off the ball which is all blocking, absorbing physical stress, and trying to free-up team mates.

enjoy him lads. every bit as good if not better than JHF and harley reid.

sorry for the intrusion i guess (why do people say this it's a discussion website, reminds me of 'first time caller, long-time listener).

but anyway first time i've really watched this guy. serious, serious player. powerful physically when he seeks contact, backs himself to bust the tackles, or at least wear the heat. then, and this is the step-up part he kicks little bullets. he's like if sam mitchell's ~20m bullets met clayton oliver's physicality. and his mentality is pure aggression, hodge-like really.

and then there's his work off the ball which is all blocking, absorbing physical stress, and trying to free-up team mates.

enjoy him lads. every bit as good if not better than JHF and harley reid.

Cheers. We're pretty excited by him - he's everything you've just described.

One problem with us being so sh1t to the extent that other supporters (understandably) don't watch us, is that he's not yet recognised by the wider football public. You've beaten the rush.

Is there any vision of the big hit? I'm just listening on the radio, but the commentators were loving it.
You will see plenty of it, they kept waffling on about it but never mentioned once how he got straight up sprinted 30 meters and got involved in a posetion chain.

Has an appitite for the contest bigger than homer simpson at a seafood buffet.

So by definition Pinks one of your blokes now?
I suppose when you throw a bucket load of darts and act like a broke clock which is right twice your bound to get it right….if not Pink, then Bailey, if not Bailey George…..but a little reminder about his thoughts on George……

[SIZE=16px]The Nostradamus[/SIZE]

Flagroos​

Nov 14, 201042,28546,528AFL ClubNorth Melbourne
He’s not very good

But hey at least he tries

The Nostradamus

Flagroos​

Nov 14, 201042,28646,529AFL ClubNorth Melbourne
Yet you still cant admit wardlaw can play. Must be sad in your world.
He can play he’s just not as good as some make out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back