Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the very fact that some people were expecting him to kick 50 goals this year underlines the burden of expectation that he has.

That is a very decent amount in the modern game, and considering the decimation of the midfield delivering to him and the shortage of forward line support, it was always very unlikely that he'd be able to do that.

I think the very fact that some people were expecting him to kick 50 goals this year underlines the burden of expectation that he has.

That is a very decent amount in the modern game, and considering the decimation of the midfield delivering to him and the shortage of forward line support, it was always very unlikely that he'd be able to do that.

Also; a thread about a 4th year player has 148 pages.

The Good:

-> Making much more of a contest at every single ball drop he is at
-> Last 2 weeks, has freed up Mitch Brown to dominate marking
-> Tank has improved substantially
-> 6.4 marks and 2.1 contested marks per game (last year: 5 and 1.6)
-> Athletic ability to kick goals not from set shots
-> 0.6 frees against per game (last year 1.9)
-> 12 disposals per game (last year 10.4)

The Bad:
-> Kicking straight from set shots (result is 59.4% disposal efficiency, last year 66.7%)
-> Getting ruined by umpires with Grundy pushing him in the back at least 3 times
-> Midfielders can't get it anywhere near him when he is inside 50
-> Less goals than last year, despite more disposals

How to improve: Kick the bloody ball to his advantage.

I was expecting 40 to 45 before the appeal but i agree anyone thinking 50 after the guys got rubbed out are way off.

The Good:

The Bad:
-> Kicking straight from set shots (result is 59.4% disposal efficiency, last year 66.7%)
-> Getting ruined by umpires with Grundy pushing him in the back at least 3 times

Would like to see him get it lace out, knees up take it on his chest. Need both delivery n him to give awesome leads. Something like this man could do weekly.
images

I hope you don't teach English over there in Asia Yaco. :) I think I agree though. I'd love to see him stop getting cheap kicks and start getting them where he is dangerous more often.
He has the ability and plenty of time. I suspect all he lacks is a touch of self-belief.

Laptop died three days ago. Silly tablet or phone auto corrects words wrongly.

People still post it's about the goals and this is what a 4th year tall forward should produce. It's about improvement in about 10 facets of the game. There has been improvement in around 4 or 5 facets.

The Good:

The Bad:

They showed on the weekend that he's actually kicking at under 30%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People still post it's about the goals and this is what a 4th year tall forward should produce. It's about improvement in about 10 facets of the game. There has been improvement in around 4 or 5 facets.

Stuff like chasing down McVeigh is important. His work rate off the ball in a defensive sense is actually pretty good.

It just seems that there is never space to work in when we have the ball.

I just want to put this out there for all of the supporters just so they get a grip on reality.

Joe Daniher 55 Games 72 Goals 294 Marks
Travis Cloke 55 Games 55 Goals 302 Marks
Jarred Roughead 58 Games 58 Goals 245 Marks
Lance Franklin 56 Games 125 Goals 250 Marks
Tom Lynch 60 Games 81 Goals 314 Marks
Charlie Dixon 49 Games 53 Goals 144 Marks
Jay Schulz 49 Games 45 Goals 158 Marks
Jeremy Cameron 51 Games 120 Goals 240 Marks
Johnathan Patton 38 Games 43 Goals 165 Marks
Jack Reiwoldt 46 Games 57 Goals 190 Marks

Joe Daniher is ahead of every player on this list except for the two freaks in Franklin and Cameron.

We have got a great forward on our hands and he will be a superstar so just keep playing him and leave him alone. Supporters are way to impatient he is 22.

Down on form but not concerned in the slightest as things happening this year are likely getting to him given the pressure on him as our #1 target up forward. And with the way our forward 50 entries have been this year, anything he does is a bonus really. Competed hard today, fought back into it in the second half. Keep it up Joey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back