Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is in his 4th year and has played over 50 games should be starting to dominate.
Has shown at times he can. He needs another big body like hooker up there so he can float further up the field and play naturally. This guy needs 1more year to put on core strength.he will get there and probably quicker if someone can actually hit him when he makes space

Is in his 4th year and has played over 50 games should be starting to dominate.
Not with the midfield he's had kicking to him in recent years he shouldn't.

Daniher has big improvement to do but it's simply not as cut and dried as '50 games in, should be dominating, if not what a dud'.

Joe's got a lot on his plate at the moment.

Not with the midfield he's had kicking to him in recent years he shouldn't.

Daniher has big improvement to do but it's simply not as cut and dried as '50 games in, should be dominating, if not what a dud'.

Joe's got a lot on his plate at the moment.

Well I hope it all clicks for him next year when the 12 get back it's his marking and goal kicking that drives me nuts.

Well I hope it all clicks for him next year when the 12 get back it's his marking and goal kicking that drives me nuts.
The poor kicking certainly has nothing to do with anything except his own technical flaws/mental demons- that's undeniable.

I agree his delivery is shit. But I've seen some worrying signs. Even things like misjudging the flight of a high ball.

I suppose it was pretty shocking conditions. Losing faith here.

Help me father, help me!

maxresdefault.jpg
I agree, Joey needs more kavorka.

It took tomahawk over 100 games to become good, everyone needs to ease up on Joey especially this season with the players missing

Exactly. He's got issues but a look at how the ball is being delivered to him as well as the double teaming he often gets & it would be a miracle if he was managing to kick a couple of goals each week, let alone bags.

It's disappointing that hogan Cameron lynch are miles ahead. Tomahawk has only had 2 seasons 50 goal plus, y are we benchmarking him against Hawkins? Hawkins looked way bigger than joe at every age level. If he's goal stats after 8 years are same as Hawkins there's no way that's a pass mark. The only positive that no1 in joes draft that got taken behind him is that much better

Most the gun full forwards have had a star with them..Ablett Snr and brownless....Lloyd and Lucas....Brereton and Dunstall...Carey and McKernan and I could go on. Maybe we need to move heaven and earth to get a star big to help him....or..hang on we got Hooker!!!!!
Lockett and Loewe... Makes you appreciate Fish of the '90s more when you look at it that way.

Alot of it comes down to expectation and hype. What you expect Joe to become can affect how you feel about his development.

Gee Fish did well in '93.

I agree his delivery is shit. But I've seen some worrying signs. Even things like misjudging the flight of a high ball.

I suppose it was pretty shocking conditions. Losing faith here.

Help me father, help me!

maxresdefault.jpg

The kavorka is a curse. He should wear garlic around his neck against Sydney.

I wouldn't undersell how good the modern day defender is either, and the way opposition teams setup. But still, Daniher's kicking for goal is a good reason to listen to that Joey song by Concrete Blonde; you will turn to the bottle for every time he misses.

I suppose you could lower your expectations by not ever mentioning Franklin; the man is in a league of his own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if he nails most goals at training? Therefore if he does it is all upstairs. Sometimes his marking screams Wayne Carey to me.

I remember Roughead struggling for accuracy well into his 20s especially in big games. Dunstall who was an iceman under pressure reckoned Roughead was extremely accurate at training. Eventually he got rid of the yips but some guys never do and some guys actually deteriorate as their career progresses.

It took tomahawk over 100 games to become good, everyone needs to ease up on Joey especially this season with the players missing

When did Tomahawk get good? ^_^
Totally agree though, lay off him, nobody could play KPP well this year.
Do NOT let him become our whipping boy, he's been through enough.
Just needs to work on his kicking, and timing leads.

When did Tomahawk get good? ^_^
Totally agree though, lay off him, nobody could play KPP well this year.
Do NOT let him become our whipping boy, he's been through enough.
Just needs to work on his kicking, and timing leads.
The last quarter of the 2011 GF comes to mind. And infests Ben Reid's nightmares.

Plus the four or five hulking one on one marks, two or three of which ended in goals to others.

But anyway.

He actually killed it in that quarter, I remember it well.
He did take a long time to become a dominant forward.
Joe might be similar in the sense that he bullied people with his height and size in juniors, he will get there.

His stats are interesting when you compare them with Nick Riewoldt's... I took screen captures of their first, second, third and fourth (and in Nick's case, fifth and part of his sixth) season stats lined up next to one another so you can compare. Obviously the Saints stats on the left are Riewoldt.

View attachment 242522
View attachment 242524

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Joe_Daniher.html
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/N/Nick_Riewoldt.html

The marking stat is where it's at, can't keep Daniher deep

CHILL OUT IDIOTS WE HAVE A VFL MIDFIELD KICKING IT TO HIM

Although he should get leading lessons.
Not to mention kicking lessons . Kicking 1.4, 1.5 on average with a few out of bounds a game is not even vfl standard. Just put a graphic up on talking footy he has fallen away to 28% now from 54% when the legend lloydy was coaching him last year lol

Last edited:
Not to mention kicking lessons . Kicking 1.4, 1.5 on average with a few out of bounds a game is not even vfl standard. Just put a graphic up on talking footy he has fallen away to 28% now from 54% when the legend lloydy was coaching him last year lol
He's never kicked 5 behinds in a game, and he's only kicked 1.3 or 1.4 on a couple of occasions. I don't have the stats for out of bounds, but the rest I posted above if you care to take a look.

He's never kicked 5 behinds in a game, and he's only kicked 1.3 or 1.4 on a couple of occasions. I don't have the stats for out of bounds, but the rest I posted above if you care to take a look.
No worries I looked. His kicking accuracy is sub standard whichever way you look at it even splitting hairs if you like that type of thing, 5 years in the system not improving anytime soon either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back