Jarred Roughead 58 Games 58 Goals 245 Marks
Lance Franklin 56 Games 125 Goals 250 Marks
Tom Lynch 60 Games 81 Goals 314 Marks
Charlie Dixon 49 Games 53 Goals 144 Marks
Jay Schulz 49 Games 45 Goals 158 Marks
Jeremy Cameron 51 Games 120 Goals 240 Marks
Johnathan Patton 38 Games 43 Goals 165 Marks
Jack Reiwoldt 46 Games 57 Goals 190 Marks

Joe Daniher is ahead of every player on this list except for the two freaks in Franklin and Cameron.

We have got a great forward on our hands and he will be a superstar so just keep playing him and leave him alone. Supporters are way to impatient he is 22.

Great post - you need to post this every 3rd page on this thread

Football expert Robert Shaw says the decision to send Joe Daniher into the ruck early in the game against North Melbourne, was one the reasons the key forward was able to produce a strong performance.

Daniher finished with two goals, seven marks and 16 possessions in the Bombers narrow defeat.

“I was very pleased with Joe Daniher’s game, he was sent into the ruck very early and it got him into the game,” Shaw said.

“It’s no use him standing in the forward pocket and calling for long, high balls, that’s not doing the team any good or his own development.

“He had a very good performance.”

Football expert Robert Shaw says the decision to send Joe Daniher into the ruck early in the game against North Melbourne, was one the reasons the key forward was able to produce a strong performance.

Daniher finished with two goals, seven marks and 16 possessions in the Bombers narrow defeat.

“I was very pleased with Joe Daniher’s game, he was sent into the ruck very early and it got him into the game,” Shaw said.

“It’s no use him standing in the forward pocket and calling for long, high balls, that’s not doing the team any good or his own development.

“He had a very good performance.”

I'm not that keen on him playing in the ruck but I think the broad point stands. Daniher plays his best football when he's active around the ground. Picking up a few easy possessions or grabbing a couple of early marks on the wing. It's very hard to play as a stay home forward in our current line-up given the lack of quality ball so he almost has to have a similar attitude to Nick Riewoldt in that he needs to run hard up and down the ground. Playing in the ruck probably facilitates that role more easily but there's no reason he cannot apply that same work ethic as a forward.

Just another positive was him taking it upon himself to slot that shot from 50 in the last quarter. Had options everywhere, but wanted the ball in his hands and nailed it, never really looked like missing either.

he kicked it so quickly that I had to do a double take and think "is that who I think kicked it"?

it wasn't the usual giraffe loping in and overthinking everything in slow motion :D

Joe Daniher
57 games (all as a forward)
76 goals
66 behinds

Josh Bruce
55 games (1.5 seasons as a forward - roughly 30 games as a forward)
70 goals
34 behinds

Hope you looked up the other end at how you should play as a forward Joe because you are fast testing my patience you one trick show pony.

Joe Daniher
76 goals
66 behinds

Josh Bruce
70 goals
34 behinds

Hope you looked up the other end at how you should play as a forward Joe because you are fast testing my patience you one trick show pony.

Kind of a silly comparison given Bruce was older when he started playing as a forward, was more physically developed (which has been partly Joe's problem since his start that he was one of the things that Sideshow Bob stepped on 20,000 times) his team's one strength is its speed on the spread meaning he often gets goals out the back or is given a much better chance to compete given said speed of movement, plus, he actually has had another forward to take some attention away from the opposition in Riewoldt, who kind of goes ok.

Bruce goes alright as a forward (as shown by beating both Hooker and Hurley last year, kicking 50 goals) but his general form this year and for the last half of last year has been poorer. Regularly grasses marks he should take (not today of course) for whatever reason.

Obviously Joe has a lot to work on (leading up at the ball more, holding onto more marks when in good position too, set shots) but ****, we couldn't have made it much harder for him since he got to the club.

come at me.

brah!
You're overly emotional right now. Daniher was our 2nd fiddle for most of the day. He kicked 2 goals still. There were some average players today but we were pretty good overall.

Joe Daniher
76 goals
66 behinds

Josh Bruce
70 goals
34 behinds

Bruce gets to play and learn from Riewoldt aswell. Daniher has had to be the main man the entire time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're overly emotional right now. Daniher was our 2nd fiddle for most of the day. He kicked 2 goals still. There were some average players today but we were pretty good overall.
Bruce gets to play and learn from Riewoldt aswell. Daniher has had to be the main man the entire time.

Don't know if its jealousy or frustration that a guy who has played forward for 5 mins has already gone past Joe.

Don't know if its jealousy or frustration that a guy who has played forward for 5 mins has already gone past Joe.
He's more physically developed than Joe and plays in a side where they utilise his strengths.

Joe Daniher
76 goals
66 behinds

Josh Bruce
70 goals
34 behinds

Never mind the fact that Bruce plays in a functional forward line with two other quality talls that got plenty of good entry to them. Don't think he was double teamed once, while Joe would still have 2 or 3 to contest against when he was playing deep. You can't pin the whole blame on Joe when he gets rubbish to work with.

That aside, I thought Joe was far better today. Got on his bike and moved around the ground more. Him moving up the ground created more options for Brown as he drew defenders up with him.

Joe Daniher
76 goals
66 behinds

Josh Bruce
70 goals
34 behinds

Josh Bruce gets to play 2nd fiddle behind Riewoldt

He's more physically developed than Joe and plays in a side where they utilise his strengths.
Never mind the fact that Bruce plays in a functional forward line with two other quality talls that got plenty of good entry to them. Don't think he was double teamed once, while Joe would still have 2 or 3 to contest against when he was playing deep. You can't pin the whole blame on Joe when he gets rubbish to work with.

That aside, I thought Joe was far better today. Got on his bike and moved around the ground more. Him moving up the ground created more options for Brown as he drew defenders up with him.

Lets use Joey Daniher's strengths then?!

I think we are, letting him roam higher through the wings. Get some confidence under his belt using his height.
We don't move the ball quick enough for him to be wasting time 1 on 3 inside 50

Yeah. This evening looked that way. Loved that long running goal from 50.

Looks so good using his long limbs to run high and long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back