Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be curious to know if the 'all the things outside of footy' is about fans coming up to him asking for autographs or how his injury is going, or whether it's specifically the ridiculous media circus around his injury and the club every time we lose a game.

If it's the media circus, then it's almost a self-fulfilling prophesy at this point. The more they speculate, the more likely it is to come true. :\

Reckon they are both gone. Might as well look for a positive. Maybe recruit 2 forwards that don't have the x-factor but that can get on the park occasionally.

I don't want anybody playing for us if they don't want to be there. I don't care how good his best is.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, "Joe".

I'd rather win 3 games next year with 22 committed players in red & black. The club is bigger than the player and this 'saga' has tainted him, whatever his final decision ends up being (which I think we all know what that will be).

And no... I won't be wishing him all the best at his new club.

The only thing to remember with this is TW speaks on behalf of the club when they don’t want to speak directly. He uses his media platform to do this.

So why would they get him to say this? If he’s simply told them wants out, they can report it themselves.

The other possibility is there’s uncertainty and they want to bring it to a head with public pressure, etc.

Knowing that TW speaks for the club as a strategy, it’s very possible.

The only thing to remember with this is TW speaks on behalf of the club when they don’t want to speak directly. He uses his media platform to do this.

So why would they get him to say this? If he’s simply told them wants out, they can report it themselves.

The other possibility is there’s uncertainty and they want to bring it to a head with public pressure, etc.

Knowing that TW speaks for the club as a strategy, it’s very possible.

It's a solid tactic. I would've thought the clearer the picture the better the result for all involved.

Anyway...

It's a solid tactic. I would've thought the clearer the picture the better the result for all involved.

Anyway...

It will be. It will just take time. We can spend the next 6 months setting our expectations for the next couple of years accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway...

FWIW, I think he’s going and has been for some time.

But if the club wants that out there, getting TW to announce it is a strange approach.

There’s more to come I think. They could well be still at the stage of bringing it all to a head.

I don't want anybody playing for us if they don't want to be there. I don't care how good his best is.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, "Joe".

I'd rather win 3 games next year with 22 committed players in red & black. The club is bigger than the player and this 'saga' has tainted him, whatever his final decision ends up being (which I think we all know what that will be).

And no... I won't be wishing him all the best at his new club.
Cant tell if serious or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back