Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if this is this the most watched thread on BigFooty.com at the moment....I!!! I find it bizarre that some people on here think he’s the most important player at our club...just don’t get the hype - yes Joe is a great mark and has a huge tank, but he’s a tad over rated in my book - 1.8 goals a game not a great average for a key forward - this is a reflection of his poor kicking - and with his injuries who knows what the future holds....Trade him now while he has some currency I say!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that’s a bit harsh on Patton. He is coming back from his 3rd knee reco. This is make or break for him and if I was him I’d take as long as I need to get it right. I’m 4 months into recovery from mine and it’s a s**t process, never want to do it again.

It's not harsh at all - he was medically fit to play 6 to 8 weeks before the end of season - In effect he is being paid for refusing to play.

I wonder if this is this the most watched thread on BigFooty.com at the moment....I!!! I find it bizarre that some people on here think he’s the most important player at our club...just don’t get the hype - yes Joe is a great mark and has a huge tank, but he’s a tad over rated in my book - 1.8 goals a game not a great average for a key forward - this is a reflection of his poor kicking - and with his injuries who knows what the future holds....Trade him now while he has some currency I say!

When in form he's our best player and it's not even close.

You are compromising our negotiations.

Information like that should only be discussed after he is traded. Superstar during trade period. Spud after he is traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it has been the Swans feeding the ‘lie’ to the media about Joe being disappointed with Essendons medical care of him.
If so I would be enraged at the Swans. They then should be called out for their dishonesty. Which of course the Swans won’t ever be.
The lie was not from Sydney. That info came from a Friend and was shut down as the wrong wordings. Sydney are and have been pushing the trade in the background

The only thing to remember with this is TW speaks on behalf of the club when they don’t want to speak directly. He uses his media platform to do this.

So why would they get him to say this? If he’s simply told them wants out, they can report it themselves.

The other possibility is there’s uncertainty and they want to bring it to a head with public pressure, etc.

Knowing that TW speaks for the club as a strategy, it’s very possible.
The thing with this is Tim only said he would like to be in Sydney and away from the spotlight which is not really new news.
A decision will come soon and from the people behind the scenes I know they say it has been 50 / 50. I do not know which way he will go but they say he is torn between having a fresh start after two years of hell and staying with his mates and a club he loves.

The thing with this is Tim only said he would like to be in Sydney and away from the spotlight which is not really new news.
A decision will come soon and from the people behind the scenes I know they say it has been 50 / 50. I do not know which way he will go but they say he is torn between having a fresh start after two years of hell and staying with his mates and a club he loves.

I think if the right deal comes for the club he goes, but if it doesn't he will stay for the remaining year and leave in free agency or give the game away.

I think the smart thing to do is get him out, we need draft capital to get this talent into this team.

OUT: Daniher, Fantasia
IN: 4 extra picks

Then bundle up those 4 extra picks with the 2 we've got and throw the 6 of them at GWS for Cameron.
Zero chance Cameron leaves GWS. When Patton goes they have fixed their last cap issue and will have plenty of coin for Cameron and Whitfield.
They have not lost anyone they really wanted to keep in the last 3 years.

I think if the right deal comes for the club he goes, but if it doesn't he will stay for the remaining year and leave in free agency or give the game away.

I think the smart thing to do is get him out, we need draft capital to get this talent into this team.
The other part is we are not willing to offer an extension on big dollars until we see how he gets through pre season.
I said weeks ago we may have to be bold and trade Joe and Raz if we can get a good deal. My thinking had not changed.

The other part is we are not willing to offer an extension on big dollars until we see how he gets through pre season.
I said weeks ago we may have to be bold and trade Joe and Raz if we can get a good deal. My thinking had not changed.

I don't think the club should be bashed for not offering the extension if that's what has pushed Joe out. That is the smart play.

But it is a mishandling of the situation if we didn't even consider the possibility going forward he could go due to our reluctance to sign him and his other concerns about lifestyle. We literally have no backup there. We are also struggling for a ruck and are still a few midfielders short, the midfield is what we should have been sorting out these next few seasons. Now it's back to the spine.

I don't think it's the end of the world if we get adequate compensation. My concern is whether the people at the club are the right people to use this compensation correctly.

We are in a situation where we haven't achieved anything the past 2 years whilst trading out draft capital to bring in players that has us peaking in this 2 year window and to repair that hole in our list.

Now if the competition is changing that you can turn your list over and bring AFL ready quality in quicker than previous then ok, but I do believe that these next 3 years have been really hurt by our KPF leaving and then the expected decline of our two best key backs and leaders in hooker and Hurley.

The more I think about it, the less disappointed in Joe I get. The more I get disappointed in Essendon for not only allowing Joe to get into a position he is in medically, but for Essendon to not have us in a position where he is irreplacable. We have guys who can play a similar role but no where near the standard either now, or in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back