Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

You rang?
Haha I was wondering if anyone was going to get confused with that :p. Maybe the Triple Towers abbrievation should be TTT (like MMM)

An up and about Hansen is critical to the structure of our team. He is so flexible and adds a truckload to the way we play.

Bollocks! This obsession in thinking Hansen is some kind of wunderkind and critical to our success is getting tired and beyond a joke really.

Bollocks! This obsession in thinking Hansen is some kind of wunderkind and critical to our success is getting tired and beyond a joke really.
Yep. We're much better thinking Majak is some kind of wunderkind and critical to our success. When will the coach listen to the facebook fans?! Drop Lachie Henderson and get MAJIK DAW into the team!

Yep. We're much better thinking Majak is some kind of wunderkind and critical to our success. When will the coach listen to the facebook fans?! Drop Lachie Henderson and get MAJIK DAW into the team!

'Jack Reacher' is not saying Daw is either from what I read. He just countered a previous post, and suggested some are vastly overrating Lachie's importance to the team.

At the moment he is barely best 22. Whether it's Daw or Black now, or a future player in Curran or whoever, Hansen is far from secure in our team going forward. He might be able to improve, as he will have to I suspect - at the end of the day we all want a strong best 22.

'Jack Reacher' is not saying Daw is either from what I read. He just countered a previous post, and suggested some are vastly overrating Lachie's importance to the team.

At the moment he is barely best 22. Whether it's Daw or Black now, or a future player in Curran or whoever, Hansen is far from secure in our team going forward. He might be able to improve, as he will have to I suspect - at the end of the day we all want a strong best 22.
Actually he was countering someone else's post but ignoring that... Whilst I agree that Hansen's spot in the 22 is far from guaranteed (there are only a few players who have earnt a guaranteed place in the 22), he is a lot more secure than the Hansenist's on this board would like to think.

Well this week for a large portion of the game Lachie played as one of two key forwards. He had countless opportunities to take contested grabs yet I can only recall him taking one (if you want to call it that) when Atley kicked it to him for his only goal. Simply this isn't good enough.

He only managed 7 touches and quite frankly I was far more excited by the 20 minutes of football a saw from Daw than I saw from Hansen for 120 minutes.

If we are to be honest with ourselves Hansen was very ordinary.

If Majak and Tarrant are right to play I'd be dropping Hansen this week. Even if Hansen managed 2 goal assists this week. :stern look

Well this week for a large portion of the game Lachie played as one of two key forwards. He had countless opportunities to take contested grabs yet I can only recall him taking one (if you want to call it that) when Atley kicked it to him for his only goal. Simply this isn't good enough.

He only managed 7 touches and quite frankly I was far more excited by the 20 minutes of football a saw from Daw than I saw from Hansen for 120 minutes.

If Majak and Tarrant are right to play I'd be dropping Hansen this week. Even if Hansen managed 2 goal assists this week. :stern look

Fair post and I've been on the Hansen train for a long time. Unfortunately I don't think he's offering enough at the moment.

It might be time to bring Black in, especially as the Hawthorn defence has been hit hard with injuries.

I think I saw the emergence of a couple of set plays today.

1. We kick it to the hot spot and Lachie drops the ball down in front to a roving LT or Patch. The opposition aren't ready for this - two or three of them think he's going to mark it and they're trying to spoil.

2. We kick it to the hot spot and Lachie misses it altogether while competing against three opponents. The ball goes over the back to a waiting Sam Wright who goals.

Seriously though, he looked lost today. It was as if he needed a runner out there with him telling him what to do and where to run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I was told he had 20+ possessions!

I'd love to see Hansen hold a few more grabs. But I'm happy to see him working hard, getting to contests, offering options, etc.

I might call for his head if he starts sitting back watching defenders take uncontested marks. But while he's at least contesting marks, and creating crumbs for his team-mates to feed from, I'd suggest he's doing whatthe coach wants.

I've stood up for Lachie so far this year. Up until today he's presented and contested well but has suffered from poor supply.

Today, however, he had plenty of opportunities to take a contested mark from the box seat against mediocre opposition, but didnt deliver. He was poor today.

It's time.

Sorry Lach.

I think with the below average entries into 50 combined with this triple towers thing and Hansens bad form is damaging us.

Hansen is not getting near it and the big guys are not getting the delivery, soothe ball is hitting the ground and getting swept away by the opp.

It's like a kick out for the opposing team most times and Hawthorn will destroy us with rebound 50s

Two tall forwards. Wright moves into the forward line. Hansen has some time in the vfl

I'm surprised. I thought finally having the bulk to compete would make this his break out year. I've been a big supporter, but now you've got to wonder how much he wants it? Talent ain't enough in this league.

Lol

Majak > Carey

Facebook > BigFooty

I'd love to see Hansen hold a few more grabs. But I'm happy to see him working hard, getting to contests, offering options, etc.

I might call for his head if he starts sitting back watching defenders take uncontested marks. But while he's at least contesting marks, and creating crumbs for his team-mates to feed from, I'd suggest he's doing whatthe coach wants.
I don't mind that either, but we have better options now. Yeah it was only 20 minutes, but Daw has taken as many contested marks in that time as Hansen has all year.

If you want to win games of footy against the best teams you need forwards who can take those half chances and turn them into scores.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back