Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

People need to stop comparing Lachie to Maj! It's clear to anyone who pays attention to our forward structure that its Black, not Daw, that has taken Lachie's spot.

I thought it was his best game of the year.

He marks like a flanker, prefers to drift in from the side, so the back line naturally suits him because he can often get up as the third man.His field kicking was solid.

Personally I don't think we missed Grima at all.

Maybe not against a team vying for the wooden spoon, but we will against quality opposition.

I have no doubt Hansen is a better defender than forward and may have a role to play in future. I just don't think we should mess around with our starting back six who have earned their spots, and which has been solid for a couple of years now despite the midfield placing it under enormous pressure at times.

Hansen on Nic Nat would be like sending out Bambi to take on Godzilla as he tears the town to pieces

NicNat spends 10% of the game in the forward line. He's played 2 games for the whole year and is underdone. He's kicked a career high of 3 goals.

Put it this way, assuming you all agree that Grima and Thompson take Kennedy and Darling, who would you play on the resting ruckman?

NicNat spends 10% of the game in the forward line. He's played 2 games for the whole year and is underdone. He's kicked a career high of 3 goals.

Put it this way, assuming you all agree that Grima and Thompson take Kennedy and Darling, who would you play on the resting ruckman?

Grima = Resting Rucks
Thompson = Kennedy
Spud (190cm, 94 kg) = Darling (191cm, 87kg)

Put Hansen on Kennedy.

Thompson on Darling

Grima on resting ruckman.

If Hansens endurance is as good as we have heard he will be fine on Kennedy.

If we play Hansen we'll use Firrito as a loose man. West Coast will use Glass/Schofield. It's not a bad option.

I'd be playing Lachie on the resting ruckman, Grima on Darling and Thompson on Kennedy. From memory of the EF (which I'm trying to repress) Spud got absolutely roasted by Darling so it's worth trying something different.

I think Darling's pace would trouble Thompson. Just a gut feel but I reckon Grima is the quicker of the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thommo to Kennedy. Their biggest goal kicking threat. Grima to Darling. He is quick enough and fit enough. Our best spoiler. Hansen to resting ruck.

I wouldnt play Spud on Darling. Thompson gets resting ruck. Grima on Darling. Hansen on Kennedy.

Definately not! Also, I think Spud is the best physical matchup on Darling, even if he got toasted in Elim Final (the whole team did!) givem him another crack.

Thompson to Kennedy. Hopefully suck in Kennedy to some body on body stuff and scrag the hell out of him. Hansen has the fitness to go with darling up the ground. And Grima can us those long arms against the ruckmen.

Myth - you need runners instead of height at Subi. Westcoast play 7 talls. The key to Subi is kicking efficiency - that's why our handball game fell down in Elim and why we'll do better on Friday night.

Lachie definitely stays in the team and the only change is likely to be Mullett (heard he is very unlikely) and maybe McMahon (has a niggle). Grima and Hine come in.

Grima - Natanui/Cox, Thompson - Kennedy, Hine - LeCras

Atley - small fwd, Hansen - Darling, Firitto - small fwd

I think this structure is sustainable and Lachie has every chance to play the remainder of the season at CHB.

Grima was very good on Darling in Hobart last year.

Kennedy is still their best forward, hence Thompson gets him.

Grima was very good on Darling in Hobart last year.

Kennedy is still their best forward, hence Thompson gets him.

Exactly right.

Grima takes Darling, and if Hansen must play, he takes resting ruck (no confidence whatsoever)

I still think we try and exploit running advantage as they are top heavy up forward if we win the ball and spread far better than last time, but if Scott wants to play like with like so be it.

Meh, all comes back to pressure up the ground. If it is coming in easily, then we could play all three on Cox and it won't make a difference.

Spud on Darling is fine AFAIC.

We can play an extra man in defence and McMahon can go third man up.

It wont matter who we play on the resting Rucks they are going to need help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back