Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lachie was playing forward yesterday there is no doubt you would have blamed the delivery or coaches use of him.

Why is it Scott is able to maximise the out put of all the tall forwards bar Lachie - who he specifically instructs to avoid the ball.

When was the last time Hansen got to sit in the goal square for the entire game and receive the service that Daw received?

I challenge you to name the game.

Lachie was good back there. Looks comfortable, as he has done back whenever he plays there.
As for Maj v Hansen and comparison (pointless), geez, Maj in game 4 had 11 shots, 8 marks, hitouts, tackles and did things at very crucial times that changed the game. A ruck forward who can do that in game 4 is unheard of. You can talk about who and where all you like, but to talk it down to talk another bloke up to win an internet argument seems to time better spent watching the replay and enjoying it!!

I said last week the only way he was getting back into the side was as a back man and events today just confirmed that. We'll need him against the WC forward line next week so good to get a game into him beforehand.

McMahon would want to extract the digit though. Was rancid today.

How long is Narni out for? I've been a big supporter of LH - mainly as a forward. He was very good at CHB this week, but if Narni is fit, he comes straight back in. There is no doubt that Black/Maj have taken their opportunities and cemented forward spots. Can't see LH retaining his spot if Narni is fit.

How long is Narni out for? I've been a big supporter of LH - mainly as a forward. He was very good at CHB this week, but if Narni is fit, he comes straight back in. There is no doubt that Black/Maj have taken their opportunities and cemented forward spots. Can't see LH retaining his spot if Narni is fit.

He'll be back for WC, but I think we'll play Lachie as well given WC's tall forward line. I'd guess Thompson to Kennedy, Grima to Darling and Hansen on the resting ruck. Unless we trust Spud on Darling.

how many goals were actually kicked on him?

With firrito and mcmahon in the backline its hard to see where he fits.

He's not in competition with these blokes for a backline spot. He's a key position defender and as such competes with Thompson and Grima - if they are fit, he's not taking either of their spots.

He's not in competition with these blokes for a backline spot. He's a key position defender and as such competes with Thompson and Grima - if they are fit, he's not taking either of their spots.

Not so sure about that. Lachie has something the others don't - height. He is also very good overhead. If this move finally kicks him into action to play like he is playing for his career then he could force a reshuffle. Grima could cover Spud and Spud could cover McMahon.

He'll be back for WC, but I think we'll play Lachie as well given WC's tall forward line. I'd guess Thompson to Kennedy, Grima to Darling and Hansen on the resting ruck. Unless we trust Spud on Darling.

Subiaco is a massive ground. Not sure we can sacrifice a runner on that ground. We might be too top heavy in the back six with Spud, Narni, Thompson, Hansen and McMahon (who is a great distributor of the ball, but not quick) Mullet will miss with his ankle, and without him we look slow. We need rebound off that half back line. Maybe Wells and Atley of the HBF's? How does this back six look?

Spud Thompson McMahon
Wells Narni Atley

Hurts to lose Wells out of the middle, but with boomer back and JZ in his current form, I think we can cover him. Maybe siera can play off HBF and Wells on a wing?

Not so sure about that. Lachie has something the others don't - height. He is also very good overhead. If this move finally kicks him into action to play like he is playing for his career then he could force a reshuffle. Grima could cover Spud and Spud could cover McMahon.

McMahon is our best distributor from the backline. He's had 2 below average games, but is a seasoned professional. He must not be dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was wearing the moon boot after the game. Not a fact, sorry - shouldn't have presented it as one, but I would say he would be highly unlikely to play.

The vision of the injury showed it to be a fairly innocuous ankle roll.

Ok then - great news. If he plays and Narni is fit, then unfortunately for LH, he will miss out.

Hey, don't take my view on this as gospel, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fish played.

As Scotty W pointed out Lachie had a poor first qtr but worked his way into the game. A couple of nice grabs and spoils stood out. Was solid after quarter time but immense? That's just overstating his performance.

It will be interesting how Scott sets up against the West Coast. The West Coast's tall forwards are a concern. Does Grima come in and Hansen remain back? Is it dangerous to sacrifice a midfielder for this set up considering we will be playing on a big ground like Subiaco?
You and Scotty need to watch the first quarter again. Did not make a mistake and contributed well.

Yep, I was banging on about this last week and have been proven to be correct.

It just proves that even a broken clock is still right twice a day.

I like Grima, but he is undersized and injury prone.

hansen was ok but still makes some stupid errors and fumbles way to much. Just seems to struggle to pick up the ball off the ground. Narni in please.

Hansen only played because Grima was out. Hansen did some ok things at times but also some terrible things, his opponent also kicked at least 2 goals on him. Not knocking Hansen but he isnt first choice down back and can no longer fit in up forward. Unfortunately for him he misses out if Grima is fit.

Not for this game - but if Lachie comes good something would have to give and I doubt it would be a fit Grima or obviously Thompson.

Can't drop McMahon for Hansen - they are different players. How would Hansen go matching up on Lecras this week or Betts against Carlton............

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back