Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone that gives him sh*t about the final shot needs to just get off of Big Footy, we missed 13 chances many of them gettable. We were at one point 2.7
Also that’s a huge call to get off BigFooty in 15 years or so I’ve seen some of the most horrific freezing cold takes and posters live to post another day lol.

Anyone that gives him sh*t about the final shot needs to just get off of Big Footy, we missed 13 chances many of them gettable. We were at one point 2.7

100%.

That said, it wasn't a great game from him. I've been a fan/defender of his quiet games because usually he has brought other players into those games, even when he hasn't got much of the ball himself. Today that didn't really happen, it was a genuinely poor game, but not because he missed a tough shot after the siren. And he was far from alone being poor, so no pile-ons necessary.

I would be interested to see what would happen if we gave him a bit of a run down back. He's pretty good at edging out his man, he just doesn't finish it off, which is less of a concern for a defender, and he's a terrific user of the ball in general play. Could give him a bit of confidence.

There is lacking big game experience, then there is a kick after the siren on tired legs at the edge of your range.
I know, just having a little poke about being dropped for the granny ;)

I won't have a crack at him for the kick. It happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't bad today, seems a lot is about him missing the shot.

His third quarter was a bit average, but the rest of the game I thought he worked quite well.

He worked hard, some of his work to provide an option at half back for our under the pump defenders was excellent, but he wasn't able to impact in the air or on the ground. Usually he gets at least one of those right.

It wasn't an absolute shocker, but it was possibly his poorest game this year. That said he's in good company with Warner, Heeney, Grundy, Gulden, maybe McCartin?

There were maybe three occasions where he tried to tap the ball on over his head.

I hope the coaches tell him we’d prefer you to take the ball and if tackled so be it but we’d prefer to to try and take possession try to use it

As far as the shot goes. He was so worried about running past the man on the mark. He spent 15 seconds talking to the umpire to get a handle on the rule. But we really needed someone to say just kick your regular shot and do it over the mark.

Was also beaten by a 19 year old 2nd gamer

his physical presence isn’t an age thing
He’s a lead up forward. I doubt he’ll ever be a strong contested player- his development remains ok but like you I wasn’t super happy with some of the contests against the red headed kid.

But anartry was equally anonymous and McLean was smashed in the last.

I think he’s not super suited to the kick on his head football and I’d actually sometimes like to see him told just spoil it over the boundary

He worked hard, some of his work to provide an option at half back for our under the pump defenders was excellent, but he wasn't able to impact in the air or on the ground. Usually he gets at least one of those right.

It wasn't an absolute shocker, but it was possibly his poorest game this year. That said he's in good company with Warner, Heeney, Grundy, Gulden, maybe McCartin?
In the first half McCartin was beaten cold three times. Heeney is playing damaged. Best game the big Freo boy has played in years. Kept our guys out of the game.

Positives, he took two marks inside 50 late in the game. Had 5 disposals in the last which was the best of our talls.

He also kicked the last Swans goal under pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back