Past #6: Shannon Grant - Sydney '95-'97 - traded to NM for W. Schwass - 243 games for NM (301 overall)

Was shagga unlucky to miss out on AAS.

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

shagga did not impress me as a coach.screaming and bagging players does not a coach make.dont forget frankston was very unlucky not to make the 2008 vfl grand final.he managed to take frankston to 2nd last

Why did he move on from Frankston?

I read a quote somewhere yesterday which had Shagga saying "The reason I resigned was that myself and the club (Franga) weren't on the same page when it came to the future direction of the place."

I read a quote somewhere yesterday which had Shagga saying "The reason I resigned was that myself and the club (Franga) weren't on the same page when it came to the future direction of the place."

Yeah the page they disagreeing on was the pay.
They asked him to take a pay cut,thats when he came up with that line

Shannon Grant has moved to the bulldogs as an assistant.... Seems to be a lot of coaching movements atm, but all silent at North... surely we want to try and improve our playing list as well as coaching...

I agree you don't make changes for changes sake, however we need to improve year to year, (the competition always improves 5-10%) just like improving the playing list to elevate ourselves into the finals...
Brad Scott and Petrie have made a comment recently that, yes we did improve from last year however the whole competition did as well and we need to be on top of that.

I agree you don't make changes for changes sake, however we need to improve year to year, (the competition always improves 5-10%) just like improving the playing list to elevate ourselves into the finals...
Brad Scott and Petrie have made a comment recently that, yes we did improve from last year however the whole competition did as well and we need to be on top of that.
That's why the coaching group got David Parkin in during the year and why Scott has alluded to specific learning programs for the coaches to aid in their development. Bringing in new coaches is only a good thing if they are fulfilling a certain role. No point bringing them in for the sake of it.

Anyway, good on Shagger. Hope he makes a good fist of it.

Good to hear that St. Kilda interviewed Simmo for their head coach position. An article in the Age states that he has had quite an impact on the stoppage work at the Hawks this year but that he feels he still needs a few more years as an assistant before he takes on a head role.

Good to hear that St. Kilda interviewed Simmo for their head coach position. An article in the Age states that he has had quite an impact on the stoppage work at the Hawks this year but that he feels he still needs a few more years as an assistant before he takes on a head role.

I don't know what I would do if he got the top gig, I hate them so much but with Simmo at the helm they would have a redeeming feature.

That's why the coaching group got David Parkin in during the year and why Scott has alluded to specific learning programs for the coaches to aid in their development. Bringing in new coaches is only a good thing if they are fulfilling a certain role. No point bringing them in for the sake of it.

Anyway, good on Shagger. Hope he makes a good fist of it.

David Parkin whored himself to about 8 other clubs during the year also, lol...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Parkin whored himself to about 8 other clubs during the year also, lol...
Whored?

As a 4 time premiership coach clubs look to him to assess the effectiveness of their coaching teams and to provide feedback on areas for improvement. If 7 other teams are also engaging him perhaps theres something in it that is beneficial?

And you lol that?

Maybe theyre happy with the coaching group they have at the moment? You dont HAVE to cut coaches each year to progress, an individual does not have a set level of performance that they travel at 100% of the time, theres always room to increase your skill set.

I find it quite insulting the way people have talked about our assistant coaches lately, saying we should look to 'upgrade'. Its saying that they have no room for improvement so cut our losses. Sure if a coach isnt doing their job replace them, but its ridiculous to rubbish them constantly and suggest they be replaced by someone else (some of these replacements are in themselves un-tested assistants).

Changing the coaching panel too often would lead to more issues than it would address, you dont give people enough time to settle into a role and of course there will be issues. Chop and change the personnel too often and youll have half developed coaching plans in place that someone else with no knowledge of whats been done has to come in and try and continue and so forth.

Maybe Shagga can show them what a Norm Smith looks like, no Dogs player having ever won one.

Maybe Shagga can show them what a Norm Smith looks like, no Dogs player having ever won one.
They'll have to take the time to point out the trophy cabinet to him, otherwise he wont be able to find it.

Whored?

As a 4 time premiership coach clubs look to him to assess the effectiveness of their coaching teams and to provide feedback on areas for improvement. If 7 other teams are also engaging him perhaps theres something in it that is beneficial?

And you lol that?

Yes bc my thread is about improving the coaching stuff, not having David Parkin sit in meeting's for a week to give them feedback like he did with 8 other clubs. Im sure they learnt a few things in the the week he was there, but it would be good if we had someone with his experience all year round, but doesn't seem the club is looking to improve its assistants.

I don't know what I would do if he got the top gig, I hate them so much but with Simmo at the helm they would have a redeeming feature.
That would be a disaster. Good luck to Simmo and all, but geez.............

While I am not advocating change for the sake of it, a fresh face or two in the coaching team can't be a bad thing, especially given that we haven't made any changes in 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Shannon Grant - Sydney '95-'97 - traded to NM for W. Schwass - 243 games for NM (301 overall)

Back