AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how his tackles stick. He's half the size of some of his team mates, has half the strength of some of his team mates, but some could do plenty to watch him tackle. Priority number one: grab the hips. Priority number two: If can't get the hips, grab anything else. Priority number 3: Hang on and don't ****ing let go.

Thank god we picked him up considering our draft sanctions. Essentially turned a mid 20 pick into a top 5-7 as things stand.

Where do people rate him if you were to rank him in players who have made their debut this year after being drafted last year?

Where do people rate him if you were to rank him in players who have made their debut this year after being drafted last year?
You mean where does he rate amongst the Dunstan's, Langdon's etc?

I'd say:

Langdon, Dunstan, Kelly, Aish, Koldjashnij are ahead on form, and he's in the Billings, Bontempelli, McDonald, Taylor group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a lot of good players already from last years draft but I reckon he will be top 10 when all is said and done maybe even better. Also this has been a fairly disappointing year in many respects but I would say his efforts have been one of the positive highlights.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

Back