AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Staying at Essendon! -16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell are we going to replace another 14 goals?!
Yakity yak yak. Laugh it up yodellinhank

How are we going to replace his 648 disposals? Archie Perkins pulling a double shift after kicking Stringer’s 42 goals?

Merret also did 34 media appearances - who’s going to do those? Andy McGrath - a failed mid? Mr Dullie Mc Dull Dull? That would really blow.

What about his 13 community football clinics - Setterfield’s body can’t hold up to pick up that slack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently a straight swap with Jack Steele would get it done

ant555 finally!

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

There's no way we'd trade Merrett so not even worth entertaining their offer.
I think Merrett will probably be playing pretty good footy into his mid 30s. Probably only 1-2 years left of his absolute peak though.

trading out the one bloke who has openly tried to change the shit show culture this football club is absolutely brainless

If he were to go, the football club is even more stupid than I had (not wanted) to give it credit for.

DO NOT TRADE OUT YOUR CAPTAIN. EVER!!!
We could get a King's ransom in a superdraft and set the club up for the next 20 years. Dare to dream, yoda.

I don’t think Zach would go.
However he is linked to Lyon - he wanted the club to hire him after Rutten was sacked and in the past has gone to him seeking guidance on his game (also went to Buckley, Selwood and so on).

If there is legitimate tension between ZM + Scotty at the moment I’ll be a bit worried about how this plays out. 0% chance the club lets him go, but really don’t want a Petracca situation

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Staying at Essendon! -16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back