Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

and thats where he'll play at his new club because they arent morons and recognise what his best position is

how many times has yze moved balta forward and then back, forward and back, forward and back
You're taking this pretty badly mate. Put the glycerines on and go for a walk.

Not fussed he's leaving. Lousy forward. Dreadful midfielder. A good average defender who's 5'8". Scraps hard and gets the most out of himself. His last 2 months he was checked out and I'm 100% convinced that training concussion was bollocks. Any time you can get 100+ games and the best years out of a rookie and flip them for a pick around 10 is a phenomenal day. It's certainly sweeter than seeing 1st rounders lost to AFL without getting so much as pick 90 in return.
Buy low .. sell high is always smart business

I hope West Coast and Freo list managers are reading this, Liam Baker is a gun and will bring in premiership experience and leadership. We want pick 10 - 15 for him.

Good thing we have Steely Green as backup.

Seems like he made the decision awhile ago.

No one wants to stay and help lead the club to a new era like Cotch did.
Broad does. As he said Richmond gave him an opportunity when no one else did. Why leave when in our current position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will always be a Richmond man.

Jon Stewart Laughing GIF
SPEW

Always loved the way Baker went about it. Sad to see he wants out.

Can't remember seeing an exodus like this, basically every player in their prime (besides Balta?) seems to want out..
Which in the long run will be for the best, they're all the wrong side of 25 for where we are at in our rebuild, another year like this one and we would be getting nothing for them.

Will be really interesting to see how this plays out, what we end up getting - I loved Bakes as a competitor but IMO is slightly overrated as a match-winner on here...

A real blood and guts, heart and soul competitor but rarely busted a game open on his own...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back