Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

if yze hadnt played him forward all year we'd have actually gotten a decent return for him

now we'll get dicks

Probably a bit old now.

DICK-Willie.jpg

Always loved the way Baker went about it. Sad to see he wants out.

Can't remember seeing an exodus like this, basically every player in their prime (besides Balta?) seems to want out..
Raines, Wood, Cloke

Always loved the way Baker went about it. Sad to see he wants out.

Can't remember seeing an exodus like this, basically every player in their prime (besides Balta?) seems to want out..

RFA next year i think, I think he’s every chance of leaving, offers would be too good to refuse

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Club still hasn't announced Rioli has nominated a request.

Liam Baker is out of contract still haven't announced it. it's unprofessional to not let people know & only hear it from reporters/journo's

Surely they not in shock at the club & knew it was a possibility. they are happy to announce Kane Lambert but not the others?

Broad does. As he said Richmond gave him an opportunity when no one else did. Why leave when in our current position.
Broad is loyal. Even Taranto was trying to convince the players to stay.

I wonder if rioli, bolton or baker would've left if we made the finals

Liam Baker is out of contract still haven't announced it. it's unprofessional to not let people know & only hear it from reporters/journo's

Surely they not in shock at the club & knew it was a possibility. they are happy to announce Kane Lambert but not the others?
It shows how far we have fallen off field

Lambert is allegedly pursuing interests outside of football. If he was going to another club they wouldn't have mentioned it.

Sorry what are they announcing?

Media report rumours, clubs report news. It’s not news until there is a signed trade agreement or free agency paperwork is lodged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lambert is allegedly pursuing interests outside of football. If he was going to another club they wouldn't have mentioned it.
Yes it's not the same but at least they are letting members & supporters know.
Baker is out of contract, I can understand maybe playing hardball with Rioli.

Other clubs are letting their supporters & members know Barrass is in contract and WCE let their fans know. we would normally in the past but this is really annoying me.

Ahhh 1983..the beginning of a great era.

Let's hope history isn't repeating..
These guys went during a dominant period and we really got nothing in return. The current crop leaving is totally different, given they’ve had success and been in a declining team for at least 2-3 years.
I see this as a great opportunity to bring in some high end talent, clear cap space and develop a team to a point where we can chase established stars.
Also don’t forget that after 1982’s GF loss we got into a crazy bidding war for players that almost sent the joint broke ……… a long way off that mess.

Until it happens is is not real. The AFL has rules that make it illegal to do these trades until the actual trade period.

So they cannot announce anything until it is real.

The media reports stuff and some of it is real.

Lambo was not a player, so no problem.

Until it happens is is not real. The AFL has rules that make it illegal to do these trades until the actual trade period.

So they cannot announce anything until it is real.

The media reports stuff and some of it is real.

Lambo was not a player, so no problem.
It's not illegal what are you talking about? it's just announcing it. is not illegal WCE have already done it with Barrass so have broken the rules?

These guys went during a dominant period and we really got nothing in return. The current crop leaving is totally different, given they’ve had success and been in a declining team for at least 2-3 years.
I see this as a great opportunity to bring in some high end talent, clear cap space and develop a team to a point where we can chase established stars.
Also don’t forget that after 1982’s GF loss we got into a crazy bidding war for players that almost sent the joint broke ……… a long way off that mess.
Not true we got McCormack, Annear , Phillip Walsh and Craig Stewart back

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back