Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

IF I see one post mention how Baker is or will always be 'a Richmond man', I'll spew up (in my best Terry Wallace voice).

He will always be a Richmond man.

Jon Stewart Laughing GIF

Getting picks for these guys leaving is a win win. They were all great players and served us well but now we need to rebuild and they are giving us value in trades and deals that we will benefit from in the long term. I see an opportunity to be had here before the Tassie team pillages future drafts …

I agree, they are actually doing the club a huge favour. Means we get to rebuild the right way instead of trying to hold on for dear life staying mediocre on the ladder never getting the best pick.

This will ensure we get first crack at top quality kids and build our next team.

Should that be the other way around?

How can a pick 4 picks later make Baker's valie 7 picks higher? :p
Haha, nope

It's about the value of pick 3, if we give a lower value pick then that values Baker higher to balance the books. The pick values are also calculated on a sliding scale.

Anyway, pick values are only any good for valuing bid matching, I was just using it for indicative value.

Bidding War with the WA clubs ?

Should be go hard for WCE Pick #3 as they might prefer more picks down the order ?

Should we deal with Dockers in a package deal for their 3 first rounders and next year first round and give them Baker, Bolton and a combination of our second and third round picks ?
Won’t be a bidding war
Baker is just seeing who ends up coaching West Coast to assess what club he would prefer to land at

if yze hadnt played him forward all year we'd have actually gotten a decent return for him

now we'll get dicks
Yze has nothing to do with it. Stop flooding most threads saying the same thing. Believed for awhile this was a given heading home.

Yze has nothing to do with it. Stop flooding most threads saying the same thing. Believed for awhile this was a given heading home.
what do you mean ? he played him forward where he has been incredibly shite all year

if he hadnt have played him there we'd actually get a grouse return for him. now we'll get nothing

what do you mean ? he played him forward where he has been incredibly shite all year

if he hadnt have played him there we'd actually get a grouse return for him. now we'll get nothing
You will be surprised will get something worthwhile. But on every thread blaming Yze nah. All i say is anyone that wants to leave let em.

Baker's best position is and always has been as a half back who can.push up into the middle. He should honestly have been playing in Short's role.

You will be surprised will get something worthwhile. But on every thread blaming Yze nah. All i say is anyone that wants to leave let em.
we'll get something but it wont be what we wouldve got had yze not played him forward

thats on yze simple

Baker's best position is and always has been as a half back who can.push up into the middle. He should honestly have been playing in Short's role.
and thats where he'll play at his new club because they arent morons and recognise what his best position is

how many times has yze moved balta forward and then back, forward and back, forward and back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not fussed he's leaving. Lousy forward. Dreadful midfielder. A good average defender who's 5'8". Scraps hard and gets the most out of himself. His last 2 months he was checked out and I'm 100% convinced that training concussion was bollocks. Any time you can get 100+ games and the best years out of a rookie and flip them for a pick around 10 is a phenomenal day. It's certainly sweeter than seeing 1st rounders lost to AFL without getting so much as pick 90 in return.

Not fussed he's leaving. Lousy forward. Dreadful midfielder. A good average defender who's 5'8". Scraps hard and gets the most out of himself. His last 2 months he was checked out and I'm 100% convinced that training concussion was bollocks. Any time you can get 100+ games and the best years out of a rookie and flip them for a pick around 10 is a phenomenal day. It's certainly sweeter than seeing 1st rounders lost to AFL without getting so much as pick 90 in return.
Is that you Corey Ellis?

Sad to see him go and it was clearly a tough decision for him to make. Glad he has told us early so that the club can get to work on the deals we'll need to make. Bring on the next generation

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back