Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope West Coast and Freo list managers are reading this, Liam Baker is a gun and will bring in premiership experience and leadership. We want pick 10 - 15 for him.

Good thing we have Steely Green as backup.
West Coast list manager doesnt need to read that

He drafted him and has watched him every week for 7 years

This has been a very bad 24 hours for Tiger71 and his sources :huh:
Tiger71 said all along that the decision to leave was always going to be super hard for Baker to make. He said he was torn and seriously loved the Tigers. He said he was hearing Baker would stay but the pull to move closer home may be too much.

Tigs always shares what he hears and it’s true at the time he is told it but things change quickly - doesn’t mean he was wrong. A call from Bakers mum pleading with him would be all it took to change his mind.

Tiger71 said all along that the decision to leave was always going to be super hard for Baker to make. He said he was torn and seriously loved the Tigers. He said he was hearing Baker would stay but the pull to move closer home may be too much.

Tigs always shares what he hears and it’s true at the time he is told it but things change quickly - doesn’t mean he was wrong. A call from Bakers mum pleading with him would be all it took to change his mind.
I can back Tigs up on this also, I had good info from a good source that Baker was the most likely to stay but he was weighing it all up.

Just Luv Bakes, but if it’s time for him to go, it’s time. Always thought we were going to get great trade value for him. All the best Big guy!!

Get baker to sign a one year deal worth 1 million dollars and then get him to ask officially for a trade …. Will increase his value and our bargaining power ….. 2 first rounders here we come!

Not true we got McCormack, Annear , Phillip Walsh and Craig Stewart back
We got those for multiple premiership players, multiple b&F's and runner up in the Brownlow and captain. What a cluster ****.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t be a bidding war
Baker is just seeing who ends up coaching West Coast to assess what club he would prefer to land at
Will be funny when he chooses Longmuir over Mini Mcqualter

Was gone months ago

We got those for multiple premiership players, multiple b&F's and runner up in the Brownlow and captain. What a cluster ****.
Indeed, and also let’s not forget that BT was poached after Cloke and Raines and the mega coin wasted in legal fees trying to keep Cloke & Raines ………. This time around we hopefully get due compo for premiership players and walk through quality kids.

Yes it's not the same but at least they are letting members & supporters know.
Baker is out of contract, I can understand maybe playing hardball with Rioli.

Other clubs are letting their supporters & members know Barrass is in contract and WCE let their fans know. we would normally in the past but this is really annoying me.
Maybe play hardball? Good lord! Play hardball on all of them.

Granted we have no leverage with Baker but the other two - aim high, then aim a bit higher.

If the potential clubs don't like it then they can f**k off, then f**k off a bit further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back