Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

no point in holding anger about the situation.
look on the bright side,we are cashing in on a 25 year old player and eventually will get a quality 18 year old future star.
plenty of positives to come going foward.
I admire your glass half full attitude.
What do you think we will get in return for Baker?

It's all about money
Don’t think so
We have cap space coming out of our ears and by all reports matched and improved the WA contracts

Think he just genuinely wants to return to his home state

Just one of those things and is always the risk involved in recruiting from other states

We have done pretty well from players wanting to return to vic over the years so hardly worth getting super upset over it

I admire your glass half full attitude.
What do you think we will get in return for Baker?
What we will get is a young man who will give his all to forge a AFL career.
At the end of the day, Baker wants out and doesn't want to play for us.
Just no point in getting angry or frustrated about it.
I wanted Baker to go for months now, I got my wish.
I don't rate him as high as other.

It's not illegal what are you talking about? it's just announcing it. is not illegal WCE have already done it with Barrass so have broken the rules?
Saying we have done a trade is illegal. Saying that they have asked for a trade is fine.

I thought you were talking about actual trades. We have just announced 3 guys wanting trades, which is fine. The trades will get done.

FMD some of you blokes melting about Baker , Rioli & Shai

Just wait until next year when Norf put a godfather offer to Noah Balta 7 year $12 million dollars
And we wont match

2025 afl draft
Richmond pick #1 -Dyson Sharp
Richmond pick #2 - Archie Ludowyke ( Balta compo )

Scares me, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Don’t think so
We have cap space coming out of our ears and by all reports matched and improved the WA contracts

Think he just genuinely wants to return to his home state

Just one of those things and is always the risk involved in recruiting from other states

We have done pretty well from players wanting to return to vic over the years so hardly worth getting super upset over it
I'm not upset and am over the moon about it . If we can nail a FR for a smiling Back pocket it's like robbing a bank.

Yeah ,but he could've at least been loyal and waited until he was a FA. I'm glad he hasn't though as his value could depreciate by then.

I'm the same so let's rob the WA bank whilst we can.

If he was offered the captaincy as part of the deal to stay I'm glad he hasn't opted to stay, would have been a worse captain than Nank.
Loved how he goes about it on field but I think his peak has passed, so let's hope we still get peak value.
We have a younger version in Steely and others can play his role, (perhaps not with the same mongrel) so gives us a chance to fast track another player/s

Am interested to see how this one plays out as he's not worth a top-10 pick on any day of the week, twice on Sundays.
Late first rounder at best.
Whether he's checked out or not this season, I don't know, but he was plain average in the back half of the seson an donly fair in the front half bar two or three very good performances.
Maybe it was the fact I wss told on good authority in April or May he that he was leaving, but just couldn't get enthused about his season at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am interested to see how this one plays out as he's not worth a top-10 pick on any day of the week, twice on Sundays.
Late first rounder at best.
Whether he's checked out or not this season, I don't know, but he was plain average in the back half of the seson an donly fair in the front half bar two or three very good performances.
Maybe it was the fact I wss told on good authority in April or May he that he was leaving, but just couldn't get enthused about his season at all.
agree with you.
Bakes has been monumentally over valued on this board.
Late first rounder..take it and run 🏃‍♂️

Scares me, but I wouldn't be surprised.
It actually excites me to think over the next 3 years we will have 15 players that are selected in the top 25
just before tassie team kicks in.

Then with all the cap savings over the next 3 years we will have a war chest thats unprecedented
just in time for players like Cadman , JUH , Harley coming to free agency

Just get the 10 quality guns in the midfield and set the backline up and hit free agency
team is then set for 10-15 years

Tiger71 said all along that the decision to leave was always going to be super hard for Baker to make. He said he was torn and seriously loved the Tigers. He said he was hearing Baker would stay but the pull to move closer home may be too much.

Tigs always shares what he hears and it’s true at the time he is told it but things change quickly - doesn’t mean he was wrong. A call from Bakers mum pleading with him would be all it took to change his mind.
Sounding as reliable as astrology

Not upset at all. It's the perfect time for us to get a bunch of early draft picks and set up our next tilt at a flag.

If we can get a first for Baker we've made out like bandits.

Last edited:
It actually excites me to think over the next 3 years we will have 15 players that are selected in the top 25

Then with all the cap savings over the next 3 years we will have a war chest thats unprecedented

Just get the 10 quality guns in the midfield and set the backline up and hit free agency
My thoughts.

We play the older guys for the next few years, along with our current younger guys and the draftees fit in. We get development into our current young crop, and protect the new draftees as they develop. In 3 years we'll have a fairly seasoned, but young squad. Hopefully with a blockbuster midfield and a solid to great spine.

FA/trade to fill holes and off we go.

DYNASTY 2 The Second Coming

This has been a very bad 24 hours for Tiger71 and his sources :huh:
Dumb remark as on the show myself and Grockadoc said all along he was gone. And Tigs got everything else right. He puts himself out there. No need to be campaigner about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back