Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah his mail is usually on the money.
They focus on the wrong call, yet on dusty etc he was correct. I know where he gets some his mail from and it’s a bloody good source.

They focus on the wrong call, yet on dusty etc he was correct. I know where he gets some his mail from and it’s a bloody good source.

It's human nature. We are pessimistic and have a negative mindset until we train and change it.

People will always criticise someone for the 1 thing they did wrong, rather than look at the 99 things they got right.

problem is if you are not prepared to reveal who your sources are
then we have every reason to doubt what you may say as being true

But given Tigs has gotten far more right than he has gotten wrong, he deserves the benefit of the doubt and not criticism, given he has runs on the board.

But if you reveal your source it very quickly dries up.

I reckon a few of us are sitting on lots of authentic inside info but are often reluctant to share for that very reason.

Sometimes it’s good just to know things without the need to dox anyone.

If he was offered the captaincy as part of the deal to stay I'm glad he hasn't opted to stay, would have been a worse captain than Nank.
Loved how he goes about it on field but I think his peak has passed, so let's hope we still get peak value.
We have a younger version in Steely and others can play his role, (perhaps not with the same mongrel) so gives us a chance to fast track another player/s
Peak has passed at 25? Seriously some of are acting like Bakes is 30. He is absolutely in his prime

You think it’s ok to reveal sources publically?

C’mon man.

Only a handful of people know some of my source's. There’s some no one will ever know.

I’m not gonna damn well reveal any publically. If I do give info, I ain’t worried if you believe it or not. Or if it goes wrong.

Peak has passed at 25? Seriously some of are acting like Bakes is 30. He is absolutely in his prime
Not all players are at their best in their mid to late 20's, some are at their best a bit early, some even a bit later.
He's still quality and has a lot to offer, I just think his best footy might be behind him.
Certainly wasn't his best year this year, maybe he can regain his best again. Either way, very likely not to be with us, so let's hope we get good trade value.

It's human nature. We are pessimistic and have a negative mindset until we train and change it.

People will always criticise someone for the 1 thing they did wrong, rather than look at the 99 things they got right.
😉😉😉😉
Except on some of our players.
Some concentrate on the one good thing and ignore the 99 per cent failings!
Including the 1 per centre’s that happened six and seven years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C’mon man.

Only a handful of people know some of my source's. There’s some no one will ever know.

I’m not gonna damn well reveal any publically. If I do give info, I ain’t worried if you believe it or not. Or if it goes wrong.
Reveal a source and you won’t hear from them again if they are named!

Ever figure we can’t? What would the ramifications be for the others?

Ever figure we can’t? What would the ramifications be for the others?
I understand that 💯 %
It's just my opinion that if anyone comes on radio or TV or in print or on a podcast and states according to my sources
My sources say
It's my understanding
That they should either say who there sources are
Or not say anything at all
If we knew what peoples sources were then we might believe 100% in this person
Like I said it's my opinion 🤷
Nothing personal against you guys

C’mon man.

And that's 💯% fare enough
You don't have to reveal anything
All 👍

Dumb remark as on the show myself and Grockadoc said all along he was gone. And Tigs got everything else right. He puts himself out there. No need to be campaigner about it.

T71 did say that his mate said he thought Baker was staying, but there was still chance he could move. From the various rumours put out there it sounded like Baker was not going until fairly late. It's all chancy. Say 80% chance Baker si staying. Then late in the season he gets a great offer (like a premiership shot with Freo, and to play with a mate + money + family), and say the RFC says "we want you to stay, but if you go for a good return to us we won't get in the way', he is gone.

I always take these things as probabilities, not certainties. ... except Dusty moving the (name club).

I love tigs71 prepared to put his reputation on the line. All for not other reason than he loves the tigers.
Those who are critical can keep listening to Sam McClure. Good luck with that.
i get my mail from #nostradumbass

never been wrong
In 2024
“From the cosmos, a fireball will rise,
A harbinger of fate, the world pleads.
Science and fate in a cosmic dance,
The fate of the Earth, a second chance.”

clearly predicted the end of the RFC era and Dusty, Rioli, Baker, Bolton wanting OUT

Last edited:
depends i what your outlook on peak and prime is
For me his output will stay the same for the next few years - no star ,but a good solid player
no major dips, yet no major improvment in his game.
He is the ideal player to move on and receive welcomed compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back