7 out of 12?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah i say get the youngsters the more experience they can to see where they will be heading in the future for the tigz or not. These youngsters are our future and they need to be playing against the best we have a chance at finals but the side is good just bring back richo, deledio and krakeour and let brown rest and get himself rite for the rest of his career at Richmond.

These games are the perfect opportunity to see where we match with rest of the teams at the moment and where we to need to fix.

If we make finals or not we have played games and won ones that nobody thought we could with players getting injured it has let our team test our draft picks see if they can make it in the afl.

Finals or not this yr we have done well and we will be in the finals in yrs to come with the way our side is coming.

Go Tigger Train

rfctigerarmy said:
Get draft picks out of your heads.

A winning culture is what is needed for a future - not flaming draft picks. We finish 8th (just say) compaired to 10th (just say).. so what? We have to wait another 2 names to be called out.

Look at St.Kilda. They were down the bottom for years. Where are they now?

You said it... l'm going to start posting a list of moron richmond supporters who still want to see their side lose and gain draft picks. They are the most boring people in the world.

Tigerland said:

Fair call. Would you still think only 5 more wins if we manage to win the next 2 - against Kangas and Hawks?

The wins I have pencilled in are Hawks, Power, Lions, Blues & Dons, good chance against the Roos and really hope we pump the Pies which would make 7 wins total, but I can't expect us to win every 50-50 game. Realistically I'll take 5 wins, any more will be a bonus.

Kangas 50-50
Hawks W
Collingwood L
Port Adelaide W
Melbourne L
Sydney L
St Kilda L
Western Bulldogs L
Brisbane W
Carlton W
Essendon W
West Coast L

Kangas (L - they're close to a win and have always had the edge on us)
Hawks (W - only just, wouldnt be putting money on it)
Collingwood (W - wheels will have fallen off by then)
Port Adelaide (L - dont know why, just a feeling)
Melbourne L (Good team and in form)
Sydney L (No reasons required)
St Kilda L (W - hopefully more injuries can deplete them and we can thrash the arse off this mob)
Western Bulldogs (L - 118 point turn around, nope)
Brisbane W (L - They'll return the favour)
Carlton W (L - planned move, destroy their chance of getting a priority pick)
Essendon W (L - see Carlton)
West Coast W (beat the premiers for the 2nd year running)

I'd like to think that if we needed to beat West Coast in the last round of the year to make the finals that we could do that.

Also, its at the G. We'll have to do what we did last year (after Browny broke his leg) but win this time. :D

Kangas W
Hawks W
Collingwood L (Chance of an upset, but lets face it they are flying)
Port Adelaide 50/50 (If it was home it would be in the bag IMO)
Melbourne L
Sydney L
St Kilda 50/50 (Its been awhile and we owe them, they arent exactly flying either)
Western Bulldogs 50/50 (The doggies were flying early its a long season we arent as bad as our round 1 effort)
Brisbane W
Carlton W
Essendon W
West Coast 50/50 (Our Home game if we are still a chance of making it we could win)

If we could win the games we should win and win half of the 50/50's we could make it, but for my liking there is too many IFS ......

tomthetiger said:
Id rather Pattison than Gaspar and Stafford as well, but TW wont drop Gaspar I dont think. Whilst we're decently poised, TW has an obligation to field the best side he can. Not saying Gaspar is in our best 22, but in Plough's opinion he might be. I see what youre saying - field the youngest side we can and just hope it's good enough to win games, but if it isn't then its no big deal. I just slightly disagree, Id rather beat all the lower teams at any cost, and perhaps sneak in to the eight. Reason? I think making the finals this year would do the boy's confidence a world of good for the future, knowing that we've improved more than any other struggling team in the last few years. Then you look at the draft, sure, its a good one, but do we really need any more youngsters when we've got about 5-6 people already pushing for a spot in the best 22? Itd probably heighten our chances of success in the future a bit, but I reckon we've just about got all the cattle we need for the next couple of years at least.
What you are overlooking though is that as soon as a few of our so-called senior players got injured and we had no option but pick the kids, we started winning a few games. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for picking our best 22. But not all our senior players necessarily fit into that best 22 anymore. They may superficially add a bit more in the immediate next game, but with only a handful more games experience some of the kids will overtake them. For example, even though he's really only been a bit part player so far, I'd say Patto is already close to contributing more than Stafford. All he has to do is start kicking a goal or two a game and he's sealed the deal. Staff has been good for us over the years, but there's not much left in the tank.

You are getting me wrong though! I dont want to drop the kids currently in the side at all! they are all playing well.. But look who we have to bring in: Deledio, Brown, Krakour and later Richo. Now, those 4 have to come in, so who do we drop? Please, just a direct answer to that question. Who do we drop to bring those four in?

If it was up to me I'd drop Stafford and one of Gaspar or Hall to bring in Deledio and Brown. Krakour isn't a walk-up start, but he was starting to show some form before the injury. Foley is probably one who could do with a spell back at Coburg. He has had a good run in the ones but has struggled for a bit of consistency of late and would benefit from a short drop back. Richo is weeks away.

Id say Krakour has to be a walk up start, as he played a prominant role in both of our last 2 wins. This means that apart from Stafford and Gaspar, two more have to go. Unfortunately, it has to be a bench player, who is less important to our structure: Meyer, Foley, Pattison etc. Im not saying "drop the kids", just drop who we have to, to get the likes of Deledio, Richo, Brown and Krakour in.

Gaspar is not likely to be dropped by Wallace either, so this makes things harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

7 out of 12?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back