Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

That might be so, but does Clarko view him as our best option on a wing when McKercher is ready to take it?
If he does where's the suitable offer?
Then we already have Stephens contracted and a numbers of others that could play it as i mentioned before.

Btw, im far from being against keeping him, i like all our players. Im just recognizing it mightn't be the worst call for both parties if they parted ways.
Is it a fact that we have not offered him a descent contract.

So if he's not good enough to hold a spot in good teams within 2 years why wouldnt we shop him out now?

Tbh if i were only using my heart id keep every single player until they withered and died on the vine. Problem with that is id be robbing the our guys in the team their best chance at winning flags and the best chance for somebody like Scott to establish himself elsewhere while at near his peak powers/ value.
Yep It’s a win win trade

Long term he ain’t staying in our side

GC don’t have any decent wingers

Is it a fact that we have not offered him a descent contract.
I don't know for sure, people here were saying Dad didn't rock up to the 96 reunion because he felt Bailey wasnt being fairly rewarded. Im just reading between the lines.
But if he has been offer a descent contract the ball is in his court. North will offer something in line with how they see him fitting in our future line ups.

I feel like he sees himself more as a wingman and wouldn’t have been a fan with the move to defence to start the year.
Given he didn't do particularly well in the backline maybe thats a factor the club is taking into account.
We've got Bergman, Hardeman, Logue and Dawson to fit in the backline in the future so perhaps the club is looking for Goater or McDonald to take a wing with McKercher on the other. If Scott can only play one spot it limits our options.

Given he didn't do particularly well in the backline maybe thats a factor the club is taking into account.
We've got Bergman, Hardeman, Logue and Dawson to fit in the backline in the future so perhaps the club is looking for Goater or McDonald to take a wing with McKercher on the other. If Scott can only play one spot it limits our options.
He’s the clear #1 wingman on our list currently.

It hurts us in the short term as we have clearly found it’s hard to add quality experienced players to a team struggling down at the bottom of the ladder.

Take Bailey Scott out of the team and pick one is a certainty.

I don't know for sure, people here were saying Dad didn't rock up to the 96 reunion because he felt Bailey wasnt being fairly rewarded. Im just reading between the lines.
But if he has been offer a descent contract the ball is in his court. North will offer something in line with how they see him fitting in our future line ups.

I'm 100% sure I haven't a clue as to why he wasn't there,
but he is a little left of centre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey is a bit like Sam Gibson. Not a world beater. Not the greatest kick. But we'd be hard pressed to find someone that covers the ground and works as hard to provide an option all game. Has a bit of burst as well which is a plus. We're probably ignoring his importance to our structure at the minute as well.
Agree but him being an option too much is a problem. He shouldn’t be kicking inside 50 and by now should be aware of his skill related limitations.

He’s just not that good. Foot skills are borderline diabolical. Won’t improve. He’s the best we’ve got at the moment though. Gunna be paid in the vicinity of 600K per year for being a pretty average footballer skill wise.
Until we can get more layers that can run deep inside defensive 50 to our 50 metre arc all day, we keep him.

Oh Bailey
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back