Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

SCOTT WORKING THROUGH DECISION

NORTH Melbourne midfielder Bailey Scott is working through his contract call as he continues to weigh the Roos' offer of a new deal.

Scott, who will play his 100th game for the Roos later this season, has had a deal in front of him for some time to remain at the club. He is two years away from reaching free agency.

His past two contract extensions have been signed in Septembers of 2020 and 2022, showing his willingness to wait until deeper into seasons before making a call.

2Q2O6pEs.jpg

Bailey Scott in action during the R16 match between North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium on June 29, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos

The 24-year-old has finished in the top three of North's best and fairest the past two seasons.

He joined the Kangaroos as a father-son selection, where his dad Robert is a flag winner in the club's 1996 triumph. He could also have selected Geelong as a father-son or Gold Coast as an Academy player. – Callum Twomey

I haven't heard all year that scott is garnering interest by anyone of note.

His ability to thrive going interstate is questionable given that GC is a middling team and lions are bout to decline.
Lions may not lose another game until October.

They will most likely be playing in the Granny and have the best form out of the top 8 sides.

Lions may not lose another game until October.

They will most likely be playing in the Granny and have the best form out of the top 8 sides.
The Lions are going very nicely, but may have a couple of losses coming up.
Down 5 KPD this week, only Ryan Lester who's more of a 3rd tall/tweener type defender left standing.

Very under-rated player around here. Keeps working hard when others have faded. When games are on the line, Bailey is always involved. Must keep.
How many top 3 BnFs does he need? Feels like we could frontload a decent contract for him that limits our on-going liability if we wanted to. :think:

Rumours going around that he toured the Gold Coast facilities post Sydney game last week.
Always gets me in when I read 'toured the facilities'. Why? What do they expect to find? Surely it's a given that all AFL clubs have quality facilities. maybe he was checking on the availability of a coffee cart or double checking the availability of towels and how many issued per player. FFS.

Always gets me in when I read 'toured the facilities'. Why? What do they expect to find? Surely it's a given that all AFL clubs have quality facilities. maybe he was checking on the availability of a coffee cart or double checking the availability of towels and how many issued per player. FFS.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure GC still have the worst training facilities around, though it's possible that has changed.

Interesting if true. Anyone know if his family is still up there?
His family is in Melbourne. Brother plays local footy at Aberfeldie after being delisted by North VFL.

His old man was actively shopping him around earlier in season to QLD clubs, haven’t heard anything since.

Think it’s 50-50. Either has genuine interest going to QLD or is holding out hoping North offer more $.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His family is in Melbourne. Brother plays local footy at Aberfeldie after being delisted by North VFL.

His old man was actively shopping him around earlier in season to QLD clubs, haven’t heard anything since.

Think it’s 50-50. Either has genuine interest going to QLD or is holding out hoping North offer more $.
Hmm that's interesting. I guess the family could move back to GC or it could be a negotiation tactic.
I could understand him shopping him when he was playing down back.
I wouldn't have thought GC would have much more room in the cap.

Last edited:

R.Scott doesn't appear to have much love for the Kangas.

Rumours going around that he toured the Gold Coast facilities post Sydney game last week.
Robert Scott "My son is a teetotaller. He's sick of the bogans and bikies in Melbourne and just wants to play his footy in a good, wholesome place that doesn't revolve around alcohol, losers trying to pickup schoolgirls and dodgy wellness retreats."

Gold Coast List Manager "um.."

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Look him going is not a bad thing.

Quite often when we here scott's ability it's usually along the line of 'hard running player who works very hard in a game'.

We need to remember back under scott, we had a whole plethora of players who belonged under the sign 'hard worker...' instead of having a team of player each the best in their position.

Scott going allows spots to open to get in players who are most suited for the wing role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back