Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: B. Scott, 22, 40

In: 8, 28, F4th

season 1 friends GIF
No chance pick 8 is involved.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Always gets me in when I read 'toured the facilities'. Why? What do they expect to find? Surely it's a given that all AFL clubs have quality facilities. maybe he was checking on the availability of a coffee cart or double checking the availability of towels and how many issued per player. FFS.
He sure as hell wasn't checking the contents of the trophy cabinet.

Fingers x Bailey doesn’t get injured in the next couple of weeks, means he’ll play his 💯 against the Dogs at Marvel in our last game of the year!!!
Would be an outstanding effort, considering the last few years we’ve endured
Great effort! Has been very durable over the past 3-4 seasons. Sure, competition for his spot hasn’t hasn’t been great, but he’s fronted up week after week and presented himself in the best shape.

Scott is a good player and I'll be very happy to keep him if we do. However, I'm not too worried if he goes. Firstly, he is a good player so we will get something decent in return. Secondly, wing / half back flank is a position we have a decent bit of depth:

• McErcher
  • Hardeman
  • Tucker
  • Bergman
  • Goater
  • Stephens
  • Fisher
  • Lazarro
  • George

Some of those are more half back flankers, others more wingers. Some are very good or very promising. Others are limited, or have injury issues. But the point is. It's not like losing Larkey which would just cook us.

Scott is a good player and I'll be very happy to keep him if we do. However, I'm not too worried if he goes. Firstly, he is a good player so we will get something decent in return. Secondly, wing / half back flank is a position we have a decent bit of depth:

• McErcher
  • Hardeman
  • Tucker
  • Bergman
  • Goater
  • Stephens
  • Fisher
  • Lazarro
  • George

Some of those are more half back flankers, others more wingers. Some are very good or very promising. Others are limited, or have injury issues. But the point is. It's not like losing Larkey which would just cook us.
That is one ugly list. Other than McKercher, the rest either have a line through their name or a question mark next to it. Keeping Scott should be a priority.

That is one ugly list. Other than McKercher, the rest either have a line through their name or a question mark next to it. Keeping Scott should be a priority.

If he wants go, we maximize the trade and we rework the system to get the right player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and while McKercher can obviously play, we've seen no evidence that he can play the wing position in its current strategic and multi-faceted form at AFL level. Out of that list, the only ones who come close are Tucker and Stephens, and even then, it would take a combination of their combined attributes to make a top level wing. Every other name on the list is a hypothetical, as in, they might be able to become a passable wing if they spent an entire pre-season learning how to play the position.

Yep and while McKercher can obviously play, we've seen no evidence that he can play the wing position in its current strategic and multi-faceted form at AFL level. Out of that list, the only ones who come close are Tucker and Stephens, and even then, it would take a combination of their combined attributes to make a top level wing. Every other name on the list is a hypothetical, as in, they might be able to become a passable wing if they spent an entire pre-season learning how to play the position.
If only the club had invested in a player fusion device back when they were going cheap.

Welcome Dylan Tucker - Hard as **** winger who runs all day and has a lovely long left foot kick.

Just make sure you find a trade quickly for his twin Darcy Stephens - ball butcher who doesn't like contact.

Did he play half back again? Cause if he did, I swear Clarko really does have some shit changes up his sleeve.

I thought he was tagging or being tagged, as had 6 touches at half time and when he did go near it, was very mehh.
Ordinary game after a good two or three weeks.
I really hate the sides inconsistencies.

Did he play half back again? Cause if he did, I swear Clarko really does have some shit changes up his sleeve.

I thought he was tagging or being tagged, as had 6 touches at half time and when he did go near it, was very mehh.
Ordinary game after a good two or three weeks.
I really hate the sides inconsistencies.
Shoulda taken the set shot from 50, that 10m sideward pass wasnt on, went coast to coast and geelong goaled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back