Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

2 year contract on the table for him, so maybe hes deciding whether he could get more elsewhere

I don't mind him leaving as from the scott era, we need to be careful of going over the top trying to keep everyone.

We only need to keep the most essentials like fabric players plus top end talents.

The rest should move on when it's time otherwise we might end up with stagnation.

Scott is like a dumont type who works hard, run all day but doesn't have any outstanding quality. Him off to gc might be a very good move in that he brings his solid nature to a run & gun but misfiring team.

Considering we keep finding scott playing as a defender :)thumbsdownemoji:) then clarko seems to think we have good coverage for him on the wing.
Fwif i think the scenario would be very different of we were playing for a final.

Clarko is using the year to learn as much as he can about the squad.

Scott is the type of player we had a plethora under brad, i.e. those who works hard, run all day but lacking any particular edge and top end niche in a particular area.

I just don't think he is rated that highly by clarkson in that he seeks something special in a wingman.

The wing is connected to defense so from what i could ascertain, if one is a good halfback then he might transition into the wing quite well.

Scott is the type of player we had a plethora under brad, i.e. those who works hard, run all day but lacking any particular edge and top end niche in a particular area.

I just don't think he is rated that highly by clarkson in that he seeks something special in a wingman.

The wing is connected to defense so from what i could ascertain, if one is a good halfback then he might transition into the wing quite well.
Yeah well i have ascertained that what you ascertain isnt terribly accurate.

Last edited:
One thing he’ll never stop doing is run his guts out - every game, plays some blinders and then some ordinary ones.

Still developing and hope he stays but maybe that’s why the rumours of us being into Jack McRae in case he’s leaving.

One thing he’ll never stop doing is run his guts out - every game, plays some blinders and then some ordinary ones.

Still developing and hope he stays but maybe that’s why the rumours of us being into Jack McRae in case he’s leaving.

that might not be what clarkson want in the players, he seems to want a team each with some special abilities for the roles they will play...

Anyone who thinks losing Scotty won’t hurt us has rocks in their head. Few other players, if any at North can run all day and keep presenting like Bailey does.

He’s like our present day Sam Gibson who also copped some ridiculous stick and incredibly underrated by many North fans back in the day. Was absolutely critical to our prelim years and Bailey’s the closest version to Sam that we’ve had since his retirement.

I for one, hope he stays and genuinely think he will.

Anyone who thinks losing Scotty won’t hurt us has rocks in their head. Few other players, if any at North can run all day and keep presenting like Bailey does.

He’s like our present day Sam Gibson who also copped some ridiculous stick and incredibly underrated by many North fans back in the day. Was absolutely critical to our prelim years and Bailey’s the closest version to Sam that we’ve had since his retirement.

I for one, hope he stays and genuinely think he will.

I was about to say, gee it would be an annoying setback if he leaves us. Not much wing depth.

He will be better than 2014-2016 Gibson who was a good player and a great finals player. Gibson was 28-30 at that stage. Scott is 24. Give it time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He really isn't
. Under Brad we had Sam Gibson as a hard running wingman and that's about where it ended.

What we had was a stack of one paced inside mids who couldn't cover the ground well.

If 2 year offer is correct.. why so?
Last 2 seasons coming 3rd in the Sid… thought Bailey should have a longer offer from us than that
It takes him to (restricted) free agency; if he wanted longer I imagine the club would give it to him, but I suspect his manager wouldn't pick up such a contract. RFA is the pay day

It takes him to (restricted) free agency; if he wanted longer I imagine the club would give it to him, but I suspect his manager wouldn't pick up such a contract. RFA is the pay day
That said we've had players prepared to sign past their FA entry period. Thought he might've been one of them.

Scott might rightly feel a little aggrieved that Cam gets 5 while he gets just two. I think Zurhaar has been slightly the better performer over the last couple of years but there can’t be that much in it

Scott might rightly feel a little aggrieved that Cam gets 5 while he gets just two. I think Zurhaar has been slightly the better performer over the last couple of years but there can’t be that much in it
Isn't the idea that, just like Cam, when he gets to FA, he can expect a longer term deal?

Two years gets him there, then the free agency market does its thing?

zurhaar's role makes him more impactful i guess where scott is more of a reliable foot soldier.

However, scott is 2 years younger so when he gets to FA time, who knows, if he is career best form, then 5 year is going to be on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back