Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott might rightly feel a little aggrieved that Cam gets 5 while he gets just two. I think Zurhaar has been slightly the better performer over the last couple of years but there can’t be that much in it
If he learns to kick then he can demand something

Right now he just takes what’s given or can leave

Isn't the idea that, just like Cam, when he gets to FA, he can expect a longer term deal?

Two years gets him there, then the free agency market does its thing?
Indeed. Although most players can get where they want, and for the longest time it feels like the contracts aren't worth the paper they are printed on (for either side), I think we will see a lot more from players/managers with deals that take players up to, but not beyond, their RFA/URFA year. What a player can command on the open market is only going to increase over the coming years, so it's a smart play.

If 2 year offer is correct.. why so?
Last 2 seasons coming 3rd in the Sid… thought Bailey should have a longer offer from us than that
😂 why do we think winning a north bnf or finishing top 5 over the last 5 years is a significant achievement? An 18 year old walked in and won it in his first AFL season.

😂 why do we think winning a north bnf or finishing top 5 over the last 5 years is a significant achievement? An 18 year old walked in and won it in his first AFL season.
I thought winning the seniors B-F for Moe football club many many years ago was a huge achievement can't imagine winning one the the mighty NMFC.

I thought winning the seniors B-F for Moe football club many many years ago was a huge achievement can't imagine winning one the the mighty NMFC.
Were the lions stinky as shit, couldn’t kick the lid off a jam tin? Or were yas there abouts? Moe were competitive in the mid 2000’s when i rolled around against em. You may have been good enough to win a north bnf

Were the lions stinky as shit, couldn’t kick the lid off a jam tin? Or were yas there abouts? Moe were competitive in the mid 2000’s when i rolled around against em. You may have been good enough to win a north bnf
Warragul were celler dwellers before going into west gippy but would pummel drouin, same with Churchill before dominating north gippy,

The interleage lvfl teams that played ovens and murray were exceptional.

Warragul were celler dwellers before going into west gippy but would pummel drouin, same with Churchill before dominating north gippy,

The interleage lvfl teams that played ovens and murray were exceptional.
Yeah certainly brings back memories. I remember always liking Churchill cause their jumper was like Norths Blue and white stripes.

Yeah certainly brings back memories. I remember always liking Churchill cause their jumper was like Norths Blue and white stripes.
In those days remember watching merv neagle (rip) drop back into lvfl from vfl tearing it up.
Gasken park was a terrible surface, all that abrasive sand. Would get infected stopper sctratches.

Last edited:
No we where not much chop in my time. This is a true story I played junior footy for Moe City under 10 -11 12 14 and 16 and never won 1 game but i turned up every week regardless and loved it. My brother was a year younger and won a few Flags One year younger made all the difference bugger. I had to go to Thorpdale to finally win my 1st game of footy in the under 18s Then eventually back to Moe for the seconds and seniors.

No we where not much chop in my time. This is a true story I played junior footy for Moe City under 10 -11 12 14 and 16 and never won 1 game but i turned up every week regardless and loved it. My brother was a year younger and won a few Flags One year younger made all the difference bugger. I had to go to Thorpdale to finally win my 1st game of footy in the under 18s Then eventually back to Moe for the seconds and seniors.
Ever play against warragul on the days of big freddy DeReiter pup?

I played a bit of basketball against his younger brother Heric. Great blokes the DeReiyter blokes.

And bloody thorpy, could never get thaose spud mud stains of your kit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you were going to Thorpdale to win a game of footy, thats a very lean patch of footy you went through 😂

Ummm because no one in the history of afl has done it for 90 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back