Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Kamdyn McIntosh is a two time Premiership player. Anyone who thinks Bailey can't play a role in our next tilt is a fool.

There are a number of players on our list that could take a leaf out of his book - its noticeable he puts in the work to improve his game.
his kicking is dogshit and looked to get worse this year especially the first half of the season

his kicking is dogshit and looked to get worse this year especially the first half of the season

Prove that his kicking is dogshit and that its not just your opinion?

The entire team was dogshit the first half of the year LOL I swear the entire team was regressing, LDU looked disinterested, jy was garbage etc

That's such a blanket statement

Last edited:

1st half of the year he had some games witth multiple clangers (think it was Bombres game).
It's been better in the 2nd half of the year, he's tidied up most of his kicking.
He had one really poor clanger on the weekend and then had one of our best F50 entries later on.
Bergman or Hardemann don't have the running capacity of Bailey and Stephens and Fisher can butcher the ball with some bad clangers as well, so I don't see a great replacement. A 1st year draftee taking the role might be a bit unrealistic.
I don't see many mature options like Cumming heading to us via FA or trade even if we have made inquiries.
I think Bailey signs for 2 years and that takes him to FA. By then we might have someone who takes his spot.

tbh I go from week to week not sure what I think of him, so for mine, now that I ponder it, something isn't right.
He was poor in the first half of the Eagles game and really stepped up when things got serious and we needed players to step up. And that's generally something he's done over the years. Plays better when we're down or fighting it out, coasts when we are in front and dominating (and we were till the last 10 minutes of the third quarter against the Eagles.)

His upside is that hes our only matured wingman player coming into his prime.
His upside is that he’s played 100 games , his last 3 years (when played in position) have been very consistent. Hes very durable, has pace and he actually made the decision to come to NMFC in the first place.

There is no upside to him going anywhere from NMFC point of view

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His upside is that he’s played 100 games , his last 3 years (when played in position) have been very consistent. Hes very durable, has pace and he actually made the decision to come to NMFC in the first place.

There is no upside to him going anywhere from NMFC point of view
Yep

We can't lose this guy!

He won’t answer as it’s out of blind hatred
Blind hatred lol

The only thing blind is baileys kicking

Blind butcher bailey. I like it the new BBB

Well it couldn’t possibly get worse than his first half of the year kicking which was abysmal so there’s only one answer there

ive made it clear that i think he is too average at everything and doesnt have something that seperates him from others.

a role player but won't be a star of the comp
October 2018.

You've certainly held to your initial position.

Meanwhile you rate Curtis Taylor and Jack Lukosious.

I sense a trend. You rate hair.

Happy In Love GIF by PeacockTV

Maybe we can draft this guy and really hit the jackpot then.

^yeah he hasn’t changed my opinion

Called it early

Very vanilla/average

First impressions matter

And since then he's been top 3 in our BnF and added to the leadership group. Role players can be very important.

Looks like you're taking the L on this one!

Nothing compared to what hes worth to us
I 100% agree. There are a few posters on here potting Bailey, maybe the same ones who were potting Big X until mid-year?

The bloke has finished top 3 in our last 2 Best and Fairest's, whatever the club is asking him to do out there he is clearly doing it well.

We are not quite so flush for talent that we can afford to lose him.

Blind hatred lol

The only thing blind is baileys kicking

Blind butcher bailey. I like it the new BBB

Well it couldn’t possibly get worse than his first half of the year kicking which was abysmal so there’s only one answer there
Only 200 more selection threads of out Bailey to go man 👍🏽

Didn't he get a rising star nomination in his first game?

Yep. But apparently he's no good. I wonder who he got given a game ahead of that day? If it was one of Nostrils golden boys then that would explain a lot. Just like we've seen with Pink/ Biggie this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back