Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps Brad is just playing ducks and drakes. I can't see the club taking the risk but when the final team is announced on Friday, he can be in the 22 and then be a late withdrawal. The tigers won't know for sure until an hour before the game so they have to prepare on the basis that he may well play.

Personally I would not take the risk. I would far prefer to see one of the boys who were in last week and really put their hands up. Finals pressure is so much greater than H&A and you need 100% fully fit players. If he is the sub and someone goes down early and then he lasts 5 minutes, we would be in all sorts of problems.

Turner, Dumont and McKenzie are all ahead of him at the present in my view.

Perhaps Brad is just playing ducks and drakes. I can't see the club taking the risk but when the final team is announced on Friday, he can be in the 22 and then be a late withdrawal. The tigers won't know for sure until an hour before the game so they have to prepare on the basis that he may well play.

Personally I would not take the risk. I would far prefer to see one of the boys who were in last week and really put their hands up. Finals pressure is so much greater than H&A and you need 100% fully fit players. If he is the sub and someone goes down early and then he lasts 5 minutes, we would be in all sorts of problems.

Turner, Dumont and McKenzie are all ahead of him at the present in my view.

Name him as an emergency , that'll keep the Tuggers guessing....:D

we rested half the team last week cause brad said he learnt a good lesson taking unfit players into the eagles game.
that being the case i give wells a -100% chance of playing unless of course brads truly full of shit in which case it could be hello daniel son.

IF it happens, it's a huge risk, perhaps Brad has taken enough calculated risks going into week 1 of finals. ATEOTD if it pays off, people will be praising it, if it doesnt, then he is considered an imbecile. Coaching is a tough gig.

You would train him to break him if serious. If he survives, then he can play. Get him and Harper to go at it for 30min flat out, up and down the ground, jets flat out.

Best to do tomorrow giving a couple of days to review recovery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would train him to break him if serious. If he survives, then he can play. Get him and Harper to go at it for 30min flat out, up and down the ground, jets flat out.

Best to do tomorrow giving a couple of days to review recovery.

If Wells and Harper went at it one on one Wells would get leather poisoning.

You have to assume a sub will come on at the 10 second mark.

The second you include one on the proviso that "he can play a quarter" is when you get an injury early in the game and are forced to play your sub for most of the game.

I think it is more about assuming that is the risk you are taking, not at all assuming a doomsdayer view point that the minute you risk it, it will happen. If you accept the risk is worth the reward so be it.

The last couple of pages have had some disrespectful shit said towards Wells.

I find it staggering that people forget that from age 21 (when he was the second favourite for the Brownlow) until age 25 (first proper full pre season and ultimately won our BnF) that he played with OP and not once made excuses in the media.

The bloke is humble, intelligent and has won our BnF two times.

He's been injured the last two years...what do you want him to do? Try to not get injured?

A couple of posters who I have lost respect for.

campaigners.

The last couple of pages have had some disrespectful shit said towards Wells.

I find it staggering that people forget that from age 21 (when he was the second favourite for the Brownlow) until age 25 (first proper full pre season and ultimately won our BnF) that he played with OP and not once made excuses in the media.

The bloke is humble, intelligent and has won our BnF two times.

He's been injured the last two years...what do you want him to do? Try to not get injured?

A couple of posters who I have lost respect for.

campaigners.
Amen. People venting their frustrations on Wellsy personally. Poor form.

Pretty sure he would like to be out there too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back