AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - 3AW interview -16/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Just putting it out there given his non-attendance at the Crichton. Do you think he sees the writing on the wall with minimal midfield time at Essendon hence a desire to move on?
Honestly feel like he's chasing a flag.

Is it possible Shiel declined festivities for his 200th?
As far as I know it's basically unprecedented for a player not to be honoured by the club on basically any milestone game.
He did all the things in Round 1 when he had his 200th, so I don't see a good reason why he'd suddenly feel differently about it now.

i pity any of your colleagues who choose to bypass the office christmas party this year
I never really got along with them anyway. Sloppy at their job, duck the hard work, everything is someone else's fault, sulk it up if they ever receive anywhere near the amount of attention Zac Merrett cops week to week.

Word is they're leaving for another company anyway 🍾🌲🎁

With St Kilda?! It’s a choice I guess.
They aren't necessarily that far off. Add a second key forward and they're very close IMO

They aren't necessarily that far off. Add a second key forward and they're very close IMO
We’ll see. I believe they’re missing elite match-winners through the midfield that other top 8 sides have.
They’re decent, but I can’t see them challenging sides like Collingwood, GWS, Carlton, Melbourne, Brisbane even Adelaide in a few years.

Lore, did you manage to find anything anywhere about that sneaky extra year anywhere or was that simply misinformed by Fox Sports?
Twomey also said he had 2 years left on the AFL website. I'd say it's accurate and that the club forgot to tell us about it, in the same way they forgot to tell us they extended the CEO last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also said Zerk and Massimo are required players and they have contract offers in front of them, it's how he plays trade week, he thinks it's cute and funny but everyone can see through him now.

Graham Wright literally just said the same thing about Taylor Adams yet no one melts when he does it.

Taylor's got a year to ago (on his contract), we see him as a required player. We've told him that," Wright said.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - 3AW interview -16/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back