Past #9: Jess Sinclair - traded to NM as part of Bell deal - 142 games for NM - delisted/retired end '08

Will Jess Sinclair be selected this week?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As I have intimated in other threads, I believe we need to move aside a couple of seniors in order to fast track the junior line breaking speed we badly need.

First idea is Simmo to the HBF, a second idea could be Jess Sinclair to a HFF.

I want to see him take on the role of defensive half forward that Laidley utilised Green and Sansbury for in the past season. His excellent tackling would also add a dimension to this role.

This should also help straighten Jess up even more as I would ask him to deliver goals each week.

Thoughts?

I think jess's game on Crawford in the semi showed that he has the capacity to play a defensive midfield role well.

He is definately an option as a defensive forward and his kicking skills would ensure that any oppurtunities would be converted. He could also play up through the midfield more often if he was to start at a hff.

I've was pushing the Simmo to half-back barrow a couple of years back but I'm not so sure about it now. More than happy to keep him in the midfield mix but I reckon he might start spending more time on the bench.

I don't have a place for Jess in our best 22 next year. Probably harsh but we need to start pushing up more of our young talent. He won't get any better and I think his best is just adequate.

Simmo should play on and off he ground, but in the guts.

Jess has been servicable, but now we have got a younger, faster and more skilled Sam Power to play the role we have had Jess playing, then he may not be required.

Simmo should play on and off he ground, but in the guts.

Jess has been servicable, but now we have got a younger, faster and more skilled Sam Power to play the role we have had Jess playing, then he may not be required.

no offence mate, but get off the Sam Power train will ya PS. i'm not stalking your posts:D , i'm just a little sceptical about Power

Definately need to see Power do something before i could say he was better than Jess. Why is everyone ready to kick him out of the side. I think he will be borderline at the start of the year but its his spot to lose.

If it aint broke then dont fix it...Sinclair gets the job done at hbf leave him there, his run crates many attacks.

Yea i reakon leave Simmo in the middle but turn him into a tagger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair can stay for now, maybe Wells should play half back flank like mcleod. Sinclair seems to mess around with it too much, needs to just kick it up line to the boundary if theres nothing. He's the master of indecision, yep i said it.

Sinclair has found his niche on the HBF....leave him there until another player pushes him out.
I seriously think Simmo will be played off the bench far more next year as a utility anywhere between midfield and half back (in the hole). The observation about turning him into a tagger is interesting considering that is the role that brought him to prominance in the first place. :eek: He could play a Ling type role although, unlike Ling, he is not very damaging on the rebound. Would much rather Firitto back in that negating role if it was offered up as he can punish the other way.

Sinclair seems to mess around with it too much, needs to just kick it up line to the boundary if theres nothing. He's the master of indecision, yep i said it.

I can see the indecision factor as his biggest flaw myself, and by putting him closer to goal we may be able to convert that indecision into scores.

He has all the other traits to play the defensive forward flanker, courage, speed, close checking ability, good tackler and offensively he can take a good mark and run through a line.

By sticking him closer to goal we could instruct him to go for goal whenever a suitable first option doesn't present itself. He is at the age where he needs to have his game shaken up to keep his output levels from becoming stale, and a position change could well be the answer.

I think this tactic could surprise a few and be a winner.

I can see the indecision factor as his biggest flaw myself, and by putting him closer to goal we may be able to convert that indecision into scores.

He has all the other traits to play the defensive forward flanker, courage, speed, close checking ability, good tackler and offensively he can take a good mark and run through a line.

By sticking him closer to goal we could instruct him to go for goal whenever a suitable first option doesn't present itself. He is at the age where he needs to have his game shaken up to keep his output levels from becoming stale, and a position change could well be the answer.

I think this tactic could surprise a few and be a winner.

I think your onto a winner TDD as he has 2 choices when he gets the ball in the forward line pass off to a teammate or have a shot.

He aint a bad shot on the run so he might be more decisive up there.

Sinclair can stay for now, maybe Wells should play half back flank like mcleod. Sinclair seems to mess around with it too much, needs to just kick it up line to the boundary if theres nothing. He's the master of indecision, yep i said it.

Fair call chubbs. Jess is servicable more than not.

Wellsy has flourished from the HBF. I'd prefer him start there and move upfield as the game wears on..te opposition won't be able to double team him then and thats the KEY for Wellsy to have his 'break-out' season. ;)

First idea is Simmo to the HBF, a second idea could be Jess Sinclair to a HFF.

I can't see Simmo being that creative from a HBF. Good teams seem to have players there who can run off their opponent, and create through the midfield. Think McLeod, or the entire Geelong backline. I'd prefer Sinclair at HB to Simmo, due to the footskills/speed.

Simmo can stay on ball - he still knows how to get it. Perhaps more in a tagging role as has been suggested, to allow another quicker midfielder to play on ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #9: Jess Sinclair - traded to NM as part of Bell deal - 142 games for NM - delisted/retired end '08

Back