Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - pay the man

Remove this Banner Ad

If Gawn was his ruck teammate do you think hed be on the move more often?

Dont ask why were not seeing him break away from stoppages.

Ask why is he constantly flat-footed. Theres your answer.

Players like Corr, Fischer, Jones etc ?
With a player like LDU you’d think we’d get something better yeah?

All of the dross we’ve picked up over the years has been with assy picks and discards. Drop some real currency on the table and then see what happens.
tack on a wedge.

All of the dross we’ve picked up over the years has been with assy picks and discards. Drop some real currency on the table and then see what happens.
tack on a wedge.
I don’t know man

What sane player watching us on the telly would come to our rabble ?

We will only attract players on the fringe looking to boost their superannuation

tack on a wedge.
thats precisely the quick fix bandwagon we need to wean ourselves off, i hate it to but its insanity to just keep on trading your quality and experianced players, the cycle needs to stop and we just have to keep rolling candidates through intil our core reaches a critical mass age,

tack on a wedge.

so we don't want LDU because he doesn't perform and becuase of that he has.... currency? and with that currency we'll somehow get.... a better player?

I don’t know man

What sane player watching us on the telly would come to our rabble ?

We will only attract players on the fringe looking to boost their superannuation
There will be players out there with internal motivation to go beyond. But the type of character is almost more important than their ability. The money would have to be ridiculous levels to bring them across.

LDU is the perfect example of elite elite talent, but the want and desire isn’t there. Sheezel has it, Paul Curtis has it for us up front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so we don't want LDU because he doesn't perform and becuase of that he has.... currency? and with that currency we'll somehow get.... a better player?
I just don’t see this ever working out for LDU here. We’ve built a midfield that love handball receives and open, low pressure play. The kind that doesn’t exist at this level. One or two is perfect in a midfield but basically we’ve got the full Monty.

He has one more year after this and just seems he moves on unless he is dead keen on not seeing success for many more years. We can get ahead of the game.

Not one grain of leadership in his body. Can’t wait until he leaves and another clubs pays us overs given the media hype train

He’ll be the 3rd to join the free agency bandwagon of players who “got sick of losing” but were also never driven to be better and drive the club to be better as a whole.

1) McKay 2) Zurhaar 3) LDU

Imagine how much better we would be if those 3 took the Chapman/Mooney/Scarlett route of telling their teammates the hard truths

Instead they all “hate losing” while not driving standards or putting in during games

They’re all severe followers but extremely talented players so they may well experience success at another club but that will be due to the other club whipping them into shape

Last edited:
wish there was a mid-season trade mechanism and we rip the bandaid off now

Rather than draw it out all season.

Or announce mid-season departures? NRL do it and fans don’t care anymore either way

Not sure what to think about LDU. Have always thought he could not play four quarters. Amongst my NM friends we all call him two thirds LDU - always has a flat third. He has the talent - it's also up to the club to get his head right. I haven't given up on LDU at all. But I am still worried a bit.

Not sure what to think about LDU. Have always thought he could not play four quarters. Amongst my NM friends we all call him two thirds LDU - always has a flat third. He has the talent - it's also up to the club to get his head right. I haven't given up on LDU at all. But I am still worried a bit.
He's a naturally quiet kid .... yes I know not a kid, but he ain't old real world style. He would be so much better if we had some decent leadership around him. We have captains who are dire, he's getting sat on each week ... he's just not the finished player yet.

I just don’t see this ever working out for LDU here. We’ve built a midfield that love handball receives and open, low pressure play. The kind that doesn’t exist at this level. One or two is perfect in a midfield but basically we’ve got the full Monty.

He has one more year after this and just seems he moves on unless he is dead keen on not seeing success for many more years. We can get ahead of the game.
i'm not arguing that.

why do you think he has currency if that's what you think of him? you think somehow other clubs recruting dept's are full of nuffies that only look at players draft number and thier highlight reel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back