Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of talk about lack of leadership and role models for the kids coming through.

They could certainly do worse than hitching their wagon to LDU. I think the coach described him as a "consummate professional ".

Works hard, humble, barely a squeak on social media.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Incredible that some in the media thought that Rayner was the better player earlier in the year 🥴🤪🤣
Honestly. Supporters and media have the patience of a toddler when it comes to footballers. It has been clear for a long time that LDU had all the tools to build towards something special and has been consistently improving year on year. People's expectations for players in extremely physical roles (particularly inside mid and KPP's) are naive - even at the professional commentary level. He is doing exactly what I expected and personally I think he has more growth to come.

Honestly. Supporters and media have the patience of a toddler when it comes to footballers. It has been clear for a long time that LDU had all the tools to build towards something special and has been consistently improving year on year. People's expectations for players in extremely physical roles (particularly inside mid and KPP's) are naive - even at the professional commentary level. He is doing exactly what I expected and personally I think he has more growth to come.
He has heaps more growth, physically and as a player. Games like yesterday's will become his standard game in a couple of years. When he has great games he'll be around 40 possessions, maybe more and kick multiple goals.

Will be interesting to see how he responds once he cops the close attention on a regular basis.

He's got the speed, size and strength to handle it without too many problems you would think.

Will be interesting to see how he responds once he cops the close attention on a regular basis.

He's got the speed, size and strength to handle it without too many problems you would think.
He'll draw a lot of free kicks. Players like Cunners / Simpkin struggle to win them in close because they are slower - umpires simply don't reward scragging as much on these types.

Last week, Scott's parked Blicavs on him at stoppages after HT. This week he got the Adams and Pendles combo.

He is already dealing with close attention but his attributes are seriously hard to contain.

When you are strong in the hips with an elite first 6 steps, you are almost impossible to tag; unless it's a hard tag with lots of holding, blocking and niggling with oppo mids chipping in too.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last week, Scott's parked Blicavs on him at stoppages after HT. This week he got the Adams and Pendles combo.

He is already dealing with close attention but his attributes are seriously hard to contain.

When you are strong in the hips with an elite first 6 steps, you are almost impossible to tag; unless it's a hard tag with lots of holding, blocking and niggling with oppo mids chipping in too.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, it’s not news that he’s been our most damaging midfielder this year. He’d be top of the list for oppo coaches when planning against North. He just needs his team mates to continue to block and sacrifice for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting behind Yianni with the Neo memes. He is the one!

keanu reeves neo GIF

So I had a look at players polling coaches votes in 100 points beltings. There have been 21 100 points beltings from 2016 onwards. Players polled coaches votes in only 5 of these games whilst also being on the losing side.

These players are:

Nat Fyfe
Nat Fyfe
Patrick Cripps
Tim Kelly
Luke Davies-Uniacke

Last edited:
Would you pick LDU or Brayshaw?

I'm happy with LDU.

Two in others in front (draft wise I mean) don't look up to it.
Brayshaw, which isn’t anything against LDU, Brayshaw is already a star, whilst LDU is still establishing himself.

It is quite comical that LDU doesn’t get mentions in the re-drafts and u22 best 22’s though.

Would you pick LDU or Brayshaw?

I'm happy with LDU.

Two in others in front (draft wise I mean) don't look up to it.

I reckon we would have picked Brayshaw but LDU would have been gone for that to happen. As far as consolation prizes go he's as good as it gets.

Brayshaw the better player at this stage of their careers. Genuinely could win the brownlow this year. LDU has tools though that others just do not have.
Brayshaw really took off from game 60. He’s now up to 91 games, will be 100 by finals time.

He’s a season and a bit ahead of LDU with regard to games played.

LDU launching at exactly the same time, games played wise.

He now knows he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back