Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just pointing out a fact mate that he’s OOC. Go back to bed
Of all our young players, LDU is one that I’m least concerned about leaving tbh. He’s a very down to earth, humble kid. Unexpectedly reserved. The club was great to him whilst he went through the loss of his dad. He’s also playing elite footy despite our Wins/Loss column.

Will deserve and get a nice pay bump next year.

Of all our young players, LDU is one that I’m least concerned about leaving tbh. He’s a very down to earth, humble kid. Unexpectedly reserved. The club was great to him whilst he went through the loss of his dad. He’s also playing elite footy despite our Wins/Loss column.

Will deserve and get a nice pay bump next year.
fingers crossed as he’s a star.
I’m in bed all week with Covid, so I’m happy to make my point from here.
Don’t be a downer.

I don't have a good enough read on the relationships of our team, would Jy and LMac be annoyed if LDU was made captain with them remaining vice? I have nfi but I feel like Jy would be livered. LDU comes off as a bit reserved and not overly vocal - not sure if he'd be keen on the job anyway. Anyone know the kids history with this sort of stuff?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have a good enough read on the relationships of our team, would Jy and LMac be annoyed if LDU was made captain with them remaining vice? I have nfi but I feel like Jy would be livered. LDU comes off as a bit reserved and not overly vocal - not sure if he'd be keen on the job anyway. Anyone know the kids history with this sort of stuff?
I think the next step for LDU is leadership group. I know we like to jump straight into the deep end, but let’s see how he goes with that added responsibility before talking about captaincy.

Without knowing anything about him I fully agree with you. I get that you want your captain to be a good player but you don't go around giving it blindly to your best player if your best player doesn't seem the type to lead a team, direct traffic, give advice/feedback to younger blokes, and just generally do captain things. LDU seems quiet and unassuming, at least as unassuming as you can be whilst racking up those numbers. I really think he'll have a better career if he's just left to focus on his footy

I think the next step for LDU is leadership group. I know we like to jump straight into the deep end, but let’s see how he goes with that added responsibility before talking about captaincy.
Out: Turner.

Games like that make me less worried about Cunnington retiring and more hopeful I can watch them play together next year.

This last month or so is the guy that I thought he could be when I saw the North team in the Virgin lounge on their way to his first game in Hobart.

Kills you like a jungle drum, with unobtrusive, fundamental rhythm and groove.

I'm not sure we will see it this season but it would have been interesting to see how our midfield would have performed with Davies-Uniacke, Horne-Francis and Cunnington feeding off Goldstein's tap work at the centre bounce. Not sure if it would have changed too many of the defeats, but I believe we would have been a lot more competitive and some of the 40-60 point losses may have been closer to 15-30 point losses.

I'm not sure we will see it this season but it would have been interesting to see how our midfield would have performed with Davies-Uniacke, Horne-Francis and Cunnington feeding off Goldstein's tap work at the centre bounce. Not sure if it would have changed too many of the defeats, but I believe we would have been a lot more competitive and some of the 40-60 point losses may have been closer to 15-30 point losses.
No doubt, am incredibly excited to see our full kigfieldplaying together after a massive preseason. Feels like 91/92 in terms of talent on list just need team synergy

He is probably in the best place mentally as he has ever been since he walked into the club and you can tell that through his form
keanu reeves 90s GIF

“He is beginning to believe…”

Absolutely needs to be the next captain, even if it means that JZ retains the mantle for 2023 and then hands over. LDU must be added to the Leadership Group next year.
Maybe. But only if he’s the captain type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back