Remove this Banner Ad

JamieJohnstone

Senior List
May 20, 2009
Footyland
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I’ve been a doing a fair bit of blogging on the front page. I’ve been keen to do some interviews with interesting personalities in the footy world. So far I’ve managed to get Emma Quayle and Eugene Arocca and those interviews were well received.

But obviously I don’t know all clubs in detail and that’s why I’m posting here.

Who would you like to see interviewed? Who at your mob do you feel has a story to tell that would interest and inform not just readers from your side, but neutrals too?

Obviously everyone would to hear from big names like Lance Franklin or Kurt Tippet or Joel Selwood but the reality is the clubs usually strictly control their media exposure.

What I’m interested in that something special other people might not know about – a young bloke you feel is set to have a breakout season, perhaps a recruiter with a knack for gems late, or even an administrator you feel deserved recognition.

So let’s have some suggestion but please know that although I’ll try my best, I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to get any or all of these.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Ricky Dyson.

He went from a certain delistment, who lacked the confidence after being mugged early in his carrer, to a leader amongst our players and one of our most reliable players.

I guess you can tell by my username but I would love to see a interview with Brent Prismall. I would find it interesting to see if he sees any similarities with how Essendon are developing as a team and how Geelong became the great team they are. It would also be interesting to see how he rates our midfield considering he has played in one of the best one's going around.

If you can't get him I guess I can settle for Hurley or Stanton.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing David Hille.

Up and coming young star, pushed into captaincy for a year, unlucky to not get AA in 08 then doing his ACL early in 09 to miss the season.

I second the Gumbleton call. He's celebrity in Essendon supporter circles without anyone knowing him.
Michael Quinn might interest all supporters.
Apparently Christian Bock is hilarious.
Laycock - perhaps try to find out if his lazy persona is a misconception or not.

Good on ya for doing it.

I second the Gumbleton call. He's celebrity in Essendon supporter circles without anyone knowing him.
Michael Quinn might interest all supporters.
Apparently Christian Bock is hilarious.
Laycock - perhaps try to find out if his lazy persona is a misconception or not.

Good on ya for doing it.

Try Michael Quinn. But bring a translator. Apparently bloke is quite hard to understand. :p

I would like an interview with Dr Bruce Reid.

Dont allow Dyson to read BF - It makes for unpleasant reading.
What's the story here?

Edit: Just remembered what 90% of posts regarding Dyson were like prior to Anzac Day 2009.
Somebody mentioned that he used to post on BigFooty, hence my confusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would just like to say thank you JamieJohnsotn for your outstanding stories that you have covered. They have been a breath of fresh air (with some outstanding coverage) and from very different aspects of football.

From an EFC point of view, I would like to see:

Tayte Pears: On his meteoric rise from WA youngster to outstanding young defender in the AFL.

Michael Hurley: To see how he enjoyed his first season at AFL level, and how he coped with the "Golden Boy" tag.

Ricky Dyson: To see how he has coped through some tough times, both on and off the field.

Scott Gumbleton: See how he is coming along after another injury riddled season, and see what the future holds for him.

To a lesser extent, I would like to see something maybe even from the footballing staff.

Matthew Knights: On changing the face of EFC post Kevin Sheedy.

Adrian Dodoro/Merv Keane: On what they are after come draft day, and how they go about looking at the kids throughout the season.

Matthew Lloyd: On how everything unfolded in season 2009.

Alan Richardson. I'm sure he could give you invaluable insight into the progress of our youngsters.

If your looking for an interesting interview, I'm sure Reimers would provide plenty to write about.

Try Michael Quinn. But bring a translator. Apparently bloke is quite hard to understand. :p

Michael Quinn isn't hard to understand. I have met him and spoken to him. He is one of the nicest blokes at Essendon that I have spoken to.

Ryder - Indigenous player who has just had a break out season. what was going through his mind when Hille went down on ANZAC day (though it may have already been covered, not sure)

Daniher - Pressure of his family being such big names at the club

Gumbleton - injuries and expectations

Houli - similair to Gumbleton, found it hard to get on the park after such high expectation, also being the first muslim player

Fletcher - just because everyoe loves him, and because he has spent such a long time at AFL level

Prismall - How essendon and Geelong differ

Ryder - Indigenous player who has just had a break out season. what was going through his mind when Hille went down on ANZAC day (though it may have already been covered, not sure)

Daniher - Pressure of his family being such big names at the club

Gumbleton - injuries and expectations

Houli - similair to Gumbleton, found it hard to get on the park after such high expectation, also being the first muslim player

Fletcher - just because everyoe loves him, and because he has spent such a long time at AFL level

Prismall - How essendon and Geelong differ

Mcphee - How to take a chest mark

Players aren't ever that interesting. We've already had 10 Houli-Muslim stories and GUmbleton-injury stories... never get anything new.

Robson, Richardson or the Hammer Paul Hamilton (our best pick-up in a long while!) for my money.

How about one of the older supporters who are close to the club.

A person who can reminiscence from the 1970's.

Such as Ant555 or Slattery20 from BF, or Stargazer, Alan Noonan from BB.

Players aren't ever that interesting. We've already had 10 Houli-Muslim stories and GUmbleton-injury stories... never get anything new.

Robson, Richardson or the Hammer Paul Hamilton (our best pick-up in a long while!) for my money.

agree. Hamilton has been super impressive. Hasn't put a foot wrong, from what I've seen.

Robson would also be very interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

A call for help from Essendon types

Remove this Banner Ad

Back