A Graders

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point. Tuck's inside game isn't good enough to counteract this deficiency. I don't see him making the top 5 in the brownlow ever.

Tucky may not quite be elite but he's close and in as far as his inside works goes:

4th in contested possessions in the league
4th in first posessions on the league;
7th in handballs in the league.

May be not quite Diesel and Westy but fairly impressive IMO.

Considering there are around 700 players on league lists, being in the top one percent in three categories must be close to elite, surely

He was kicking fine this year, much more concise than in the past.

He has a good technique, he just used to pick bad options (such as bombing it without looking).
Fine, but not elite. He had some very ordinary passes and kicking all year. Sheesh the ferals love to overrate their players. Tuck is a good player, but he will never be as good as Judd, Ablett, Hodge, Bartell, Cooney et al. Neither will he be as good as West and R.Harvey types, because his other attributes don't compensate for his kicking skills.

Do people here consider Sam Mitchell elite? I don't.

I don't necessarily consider Tuck elite for what it's worth. Obviously it depends how you define elite, but no, he's not up there with those players you mentioned. I agree with GTF though on the difference between A grade and elite. I'd rate Tuck A grade, or at the very least a lot better than he is generally rated.

Remove this Banner Ad

A Graders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back