A quick question about James Hird's lack of concern

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked like a man with a lot of worries early on.

I can draw a line after Bill Kelty's visit. He has never looked back since then as far as having confidence over this scandal. Don't know what Kelty told him, but it must have been good.

What I don't understand, and am interested to hear from Essendon supporters about, is this:
Even on what is known for certain now, it's obvious that what went on at Essendon last year was unsavoury. So, why come out and say (paraphrasing) "I can't wait to tell our side and we'll come out looking good"? It can't possibly be good, it can only be "less bad". All that speaking in those terms does is make you look arrogant and unrepentant, and gets the general public offside.

What I don't understand, and am interested to hear from Essendon supporters about, is this:
Even on what is known for certain now, it's obvious that what went on at Essendon last year was unsavoury. So, why come out and say (paraphrasing) "I can't wait to tell our side and we'll come out looking good"? It can't possibly be good, it can only be "less bad". All that speaking in those terms does is make you look arrogant and unrepentant, and gets the general public offside.

The public are offside no matter what the outcome is now. It's been stated right here on countless occasions that if we are clear it must be as a result of some kind of grand conspiracy. We've been convicted via trial by sensationalist media so why would the club get on its knees and beg forgiveness from the ravenous media outlets and the hysterical public who were screaming for blood before anything was even established?
It's us against the rest now and I hope the club continues to fly the flag in the face of all comers through the entirety of this farce, if you're going to hate us we'll provide you ample reason with arrogance and defiance.
This is the exact reason the club has move to extend Hird's contract until the end of 2016, it will be announced before the end of the season and sends a message of solidarity and a resounding **** you to the footy media and public. :thumbsu:

Even on what is known for CERTAIN now, it's obvious that what went on at Essendon last year was unsavoury. So, why come out and say (paraphrasing) "I can't wait to tell our side and we'll come out looking good"? It can't possibly be good, it can only be "less bad". All that speaking in those terms does is make you look arrogant and unrepentant, and gets the general public offside.
Mate nobody on BF know for certain what is going on , just wait until the investigation is over and then we can make a judgement on its findings .

The public are offside no matter what the outcome is now. It's been stated right here on countless occasions that if we are clear it must be as a result of some kind of grand conspiracy. We've been convicted via trial by sensationalist media so why would the club get on its knees and beg forgiveness from the ravenous media outlets and the hysterical public who were screaming for blood before anything was even established?
It's us against the rest now and I hope the club continues to fly the flag in the face of all comers through the entirety of this farce, if you're going to hate us we'll provide you ample reason with arrogance and defiance.
This is the exact reason the club has move to extend Hird's contract until the end of 2016, it will be announced before the end of the season and sends a message of solidarity and a resounding **** you to the footy media and public. :thumbsu:
OK, assuming you're correct, does this mean Essendon don't care about their sponsors, because what company wants to be associated with a team that everyone bar it's supporters think are basically unrepentant cheats? I'm not being trite, that seems to be the view of at least the vast majority of non-Essendon supporters.

OK, assuming you're correct, does this mean Essendon don't care about their sponsors, because what company wants to be associated with a team that everyone bar it's supporters think are basically unrepentant cheats? I'm not being trite, that seems to be the view of at least the vast majority of non-Essendon supporters.

We haven't lost any sponsors so I guess the answer to your question is Adidas, Kia, True value solar, Antler etc etc

As for being unrepentant cheats, you've highlighted my point. Is not been established that EFC has done anything wrong, we haven't been sanctioned and the subject is far from resolved, yet we've been convicted by the court of public opinion. With that in mind what other option do we have but to be defiant?

We haven't lost any sponsors so I guess the answer to your question is Adidas, Kia, True value solar, Antler etc etc

As for being unrepentant cheats, you've highlighted my point. Is not been established that EFC has done anything wrong, we haven't been sanctioned and the subject is far from resolved, yet we've been convicted by the court of public opinion. With that in mind what other option do we have but to be defiant?
You haven't lost any sponsors yet but that may be more to do with contractual issues than want. If as you say you've been convicted by the public opinion, those quality sponsors will not be re-upping, unless your club paints a picture of rebirth, which by its comments it's not doing.

This board is actually not representative of the general public at large.

Hard to beleive, I know.

You don't think they'll wait to see the outcome and penalties first, before they extend his contract? The Essendon hierarchy has at least foreshadowed penalties coming their way - unlike your coach who behaves like an untouchable sociopath in regards to the unfolding events. Hird should at the very least be nervous about what might happen. Instead he's smiling smugly saying everything will be fine. Even an innocent man is nervous about being accused of murder - he doesn't sit there smiling waiting for his innocent verdict, supremely confident in the judicial system's ability to clear his name. It's totally nutty to see how unaffected and confident he is. It really is rather sociopathic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not trumped up charges brought against your club. Your club did this shit. your club admitted it and took it to the AFL and the media after WADA and ASADA moved in with the evidence against you.
Jobe Watson has admitted it. It is a banned substance and was last year when you were taking it.

You haven't been convicted of trial by sensationalist media. The only thing the media talk about is what EFC tells them and what WADA respond to. The rest of the media are too shit scared to accuse EFC of anything.

You are not VICTIMS so stop painting it so. Read this carefully and slowly:

Y O U D I D T H I S T O Y O U R S E L V E S ! ! !

You and your club have brought this disgrace to the AFL and at the very LEAST your club needs to be sanctioned with premiership points taken off you for bringing the game into disrepute even IF (and that if is a monumental if) EFC is cleared.

Your club has ruined the competitions reputation for years to come.

Hahaha, this is my favorite post on the entire board. Dat rage.
I understand why you have to resort to laughing and faux amusement in order to withstand all this, but you know, you really should have a bit of rage yourself against what your club has done. You're going to be copping it for a decade to come no matter what you achieve. Aren't you the slightest bit peeved at what your club has done to its reputation, to its players, to you? I certainly would be.

You haven't lost sponsors for two reasons; 1) until there's charges they don't have grounds & 2) the AFL has committed to underwriting their losses should the worst happen (Essendon charged and they want their money back).

This in a nutshell is why the attitude of Essendon & Hird in particular is pissing people off.

It has been established you did something wrong. Read Ziggy's tread-softly report FFS!!

What needs to be established now is intent and what rules might have been broken. i.e. was it 'just' gross incompetence or was it something more sinister.

Yet Hird, Evans & Essendon generally remain completely and utterly unapologetic. Worse still they are trying to paint themselves as victims in all this.

That is not defiance . . . that is arrogance and self-interest.

Listen to Ian Robson's last press conference again. Essendon did a lot wrong. Everyone is just waiting to find out how wrong.

And the other option is to be supportive but respectful of the process and cautious about how it might go. Like Donsrule and others. The negative public onion has more to do with the decision to keep broadcasting confidence - coming across as arrogance - as it does about the investigation.

I am hardly a fan of the media, but it is not the villain in all of this. And nor is the general public for that matter.

Your club is solely responsible for the mess it has got itself into. And yet you blindly defend it. Amazing.

Did you see how the crowd at Subi treated Jobe? That's the general public voicing their opinion...

Really? I think it was one crowd having a crack at one player. The crowd at Perth know that with such a one sided crowd being so aggressive it can cause teams, especially young ones, to go into their shells. Pity for them that Watson got 29 touches and was dominant in the last quarter to get the bombers over the line.

This reaction that is going on in here is not representative of the general population. Most people are concerned about what happened and don't like the sound of a lot of what is being written in the press, but not many are stupid enough to go on and on about Hird being a sociopath or dealer. Not many think that the press is just presenting objective facts around this case either. Most people realise that the media spins stories like these to be as dramatic as possible because that is what sells copy, or these days clicks on your link.

Another Bomber supporter profile bookmarked so I can laugh my ass off at him and dance on his grave when ASADA absolutely dismantles his club.

Loving it. Bring on August. :thumbsu:

Another Bomber supporter profile bookmarked so I can laugh my arse off at him and dance on his grave when ASADA absolutely dismantles his club.

Loving it. Bring on August. :thumbsu:

Many bomber supporters can say the same about you ..... if you weren't some hack account.

Not many think that the press is just presenting objective facts around this case either.
Are you serious?

For 18 months the Essendon FC has been issuing legal threats like the Melbourne City Council issue parking tickets. Every article reporting on this story has been vetted by legal firms from all sides.

FFS . . . stop this victim mentality . . . nobody with half a brain is buying it!

These cheating dogs have cowered behind a small army of lawyers and PR firms and we're supposed to believe they are nothing but innocent victims?

FMD. Essendon supporters make North Koreans look well informed!

Are you serious?

For 18 months the Essendon FC has been issuing legal threats like the Melbourne City Council issue parking tickets. Every article reporting on this story has been vetted by legal firms from all sides.

FFS . . . stop this victim mentality . . . nobody with half a brain is buying it!

These cheating dogs have cowered behind a small army of lawyers and PR firms and we're supposed to believe they are nothing but innocent victims?

FMD. Essendon supporters make North Koreans look well informed!

Who says anything about a victim mentality? I don't think any Essendon supporter isn't concerned about some of the goings on at the club 18 months ago ..... doesn't mean that a lot of the chatter about it is not exaggerated. A bit like your 18 months comment. There was a few months when Essendon heard stories about HGH floating around and told reporters that they'd sue anyone who printed rubbish like that. Not 18 months about anything to do with any of the stuff under investigation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back