A quick question about James Hird's lack of concern

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I think it was one crowd having a crack at one player. The crowd at Perth know that with such a one sided crowd being so aggressive it can cause teams, especially young ones, to go into their shells. Pity for them that Watson got 29 touches and was dominant in the last quarter to get the bombers over the line.

Absolute rubbish.

The booing was a show of discomfort and anger at a player from a cub being investigated for doping, admitting to taking a banned substance, and not one thing be said or done about it before he ran out to play on the weekend.

Jobe became the face of this saga as soon as he broke ranks and admitted to being continuously jabbed.

This reaction that is going on in here is not representative of the general population. Most people are concerned about what happened and don't like the sound of a lot of what is being written in the press, but not many are stupid enough to go on and on about Hird being a sociopath or dealer. Not many think that the press is just presenting objective facts around this case either. Most people realise that the media spins stories like these to be as dramatic as possible because that is what sells copy, or these days clicks on your link.
You think so now. But It's growing, day by day.

This board alone has seen a mind blowing amount of traffic, and as every little piece of the puzzle gets leaked to the press, it increases.

More and more people are starting to see that this wasn't some 'rogue' sports scientist having his way with a couple of players. This was an orchestrated plan to get players bigger and stronger, while getting as close to the edge as they could. Essendon took the gamble, they failed.

If you truly think this is just the media blowing things out of proportion, I feel sorry for you.

That, or the AFL and the EFC talk to each other while ASADA has the full and only jurisdiction in this matter:rolleyes:

On Wednesday, Mr McLachlan said the league was "committed to bringing this investigation to an end with ASADA in August, prior to the finals series" but yesterday said the AFL was a junior partner in the investigation and that ASADA would decide the timeline.

"ASADA will finish this investigation when they get it done ... I don't think we would have the ability to influence them to get things completed ahead of time."

This is not trumped up charges brought against your club. Your club did this shit. your club admitted it and took it to the AFL and the media after WADA and ASADA moved in with the evidence against you.
Jobe Watson has admitted it. It is a banned substance and was last year when you were taking it.

You haven't been convicted of trial by sensationalist media. The only thing the media talk about is what EFC tells them and what WADA respond to. The rest of the media are too shit scared to accuse EFC of anything.

You are not VICTIMS so stop painting it so. Read this carefully and slowly:

Y O U D I D T H I S T O Y O U R S E L V E S ! ! !

You and your club have brought this disgrace to the AFL and at the very LEAST your club needs to be sanctioned with premiership points taken off you for bringing the game into disrepute even IF (and that if is a monumental if) EFC is cleared.

Your club has ruined the competitions reputation for years to come.
Cant agree any less EFC where duped by a conman

Cant agree any less EFC where duped by a conman

They weren't duped. They knew exactly what his expertise was. Robinson and Bomber had told them so.

They knew Dank had a penchant for injecting supplements that were borderline. They took the risk( as Bomber stated on 360), and it backfired.

"Duped" I mean EFC apparently were shown a document that said what they are taking is not BANNED
what they didn't see was the fine print NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUPTION.

I don't want to see players banned, what I want to see is EFC punished. I want to see the attitude of we did nothing wrong taken from them .
EFC did do something
If they DID inject players with a substance not fit for humans, then they DID something wrong YES ?

I'm no rocket scientist but why would a club president quit if they did nothing wrong ?
Why would an internal audit come up with what can basically be called incompetent practices?.
Why is there an investigation ?
At the minimum EFC has tarnished the AFL.

Maybe a player that has been injected with a substance becoming ill will take the smug look off some faces ?.

Maybe then EFC can come out and say we did nothing wrong .

This discussion of James sociopathic behaviour is interesting.
It's not one I'd thought of before, but now that it's mentioned it seems obvious.
Probably something that deserves its own thread.

An interesting thing about sociopaths is that they can often pass lie detector tests whilst lying through their teeth. They don't have the same physiological response to their lies as a normal, decent human would.
Look at James Hird's behaviour during the period that he was white anting Matthew knights: He was on TV looking interviewers in the eye and straight down the camera, lying through his teeth as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.
Happy that his lies and behaviour were destroying the career of another.

During this saga, he has remained remarkably cool. Completely unfazed, and even looking satisfied that his behaviour has led to the destruction of the careers of others. He is seemingly completely oblivious of the emotions of others (his behaviour immediately after the West coast win was very interesting). He continues his confident swagger as if the health and careers of his players, and the welfare of his club are utterly meaningless to him.
With regards to Essendon fans: One gets the feeling that he holds them in contempt and quite possibly feels that if they have fallen for his constant, bare faced and obvious lies, they deserve everything they get.

His one concern throughout has been for himself. I get the strong impression that as long as he is protected, he couldn't give a flying f*** what happens to anyone else. In fact, watching others lives destroyed probably gives him pleasure.

On Wednesday, Mr McLachlan said the league was "committed to bringing this investigation to an end with ASADA in August, prior to the finals series" but yesterday said the AFL was a junior partner in the investigation and that ASADA would decide the timeline.

"ASADA will finish this investigation when they get it done ... I don't think we would have the ability to influence them to get things completed ahead of time."

Thank you for reinforcing my post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't you see, he's not concerned about the stripping of points or fines. He's concerned about the team improving and playing the way he wants them to play.

Absolute rubbish.

The booing was a show of discomfort and anger at a player from a cub being investigated for doping, admitting to taking a banned substance, and not one thing be said or done about it before he ran out to play on the weekend.

Jobe became the face of this saga as soon as he broke ranks and admitted to being continuously jabbed.

You think so now. But It's growing, day by day.

This board alone has seen a mind blowing amount of traffic, and as every little piece of the puzzle gets leaked to the press, it increases.

More and more people are starting to see that this wasn't some 'rogue' sports scientist having his way with a couple of players. This was an orchestrated plan to get players bigger and stronger, while getting as close to the edge as they could. Essendon took the gamble, they failed.

If you truly think this is just the media blowing things out of proportion, I feel sorry for you.

Potentially rogue!

As more and more comes to light it is increasingly becoming clear either it was Dank going rogue and/or a misunderstanding about the legality of AOD ... or no actual violation at all, just a bad smell. Not getting bigger and bigger at all.

You really need to leave this fantasy bubble you exist in.

Yes Essendon sailed "close to the edge" but don't embarrass yourself by claiming that they were much different to others. Hawthorn was bragging last year about its "injection" treatments.

Essendon documented and recorded everything they thought was happening, not really a great way to run a clandestine doping regime if you ask me. Lets see if it turns out that Dank did give them something that was not agreed upon. You don't KNOW this to be true, but it is certainly POSSIBLE. You let your opinion run away with things and then in this little echo chamber you start to consider it as fact.

I disagree with you on what I THINK may have happened. Unlike you though I don't dress it up as fact. You seem incapable of realising how much of your case is based on speculation .... on whispers selectively printed by journalists and anonymous internet posters.

Look at James Hird's behaviour during the period that he was white anting Matthew knights: He was on TV looking interviewers in the eye and straight down the camera, lying through his teeth as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.

Do you realise how dumb this sounds? Firstly Knights was white-anting the club!! Secondly who comes out publicly and says that they're going for a position like that? James had another career he was tossing up and he never actually had the job in hand.

This is more of a reflection on how pathetic humans are becoming about what is their rights regarding information.

The people who are affected by the coaching appointment at Essendon are the players and the supporters. The only person in the whole world who was disappointed about Knights being moved on would be Henry Slattery! Even the Knights family would have calmed down soon enough and enjoyed the million dollar payout!

This discussion of James sociopathic behaviour is interesting.
It's not one I'd thought of before, but now that it's mentioned it seems obvious.
Probably something that deserves its own thread.

An interesting thing about sociopaths is that they can often pass lie detector tests whilst lying through their teeth. They don't have the same physiological response to their lies as a normal, decent human would.
Happy that his lies and behaviour were destroying the career of another.

During this saga, he has remained remarkably cool. Completely unfazed, and even looking satisfied that his behaviour has led to the destruction of the careers of others. He is seemingly completely oblivious of the emotions of others (his behaviour immediately after the West coast win was very interesting). He continues his confident swagger as if the health and careers of his players, and the welfare of his club are utterly meaningless to him.
With regards to Essendon fans: One gets the feeling that he holds them in contempt and quite possibly feels that if they have fallen for his constant, bare faced and obvious lies, they deserve everything they get.

His one concern throughout has been for himself. I get the strong impression that as long as he is protected, he couldn't give a flying f*** what happens to anyone else. In fact, watching others lives destroyed probably gives him pleasure.

All this could be true. Or he could just be a bit of a tool.

Ok let me re-phrase:

Are you saying that outside of BF, people don't think Essendon are DRUG cheats???
Well the public is very cynical about all athletes including AFL clubs. Of course over months of media attacks people are going to start thinking that essendon are drug cheats.

Truth is, Hird would be shitting himself.

The only reason he doesn't show it is all the anti-aging & other shit that's been injected to preserve that smug smirk on his face.

If you want to be treated like a messiah you better look like one!

have literally not met anyone who thinks this, or who thinks that would somehow justify essendon's practices.

I live in Queensland and people who know nothing about AFL know that Essendon are the drug cheating club. That is what badly managed PR does for you. The club could have avoided half of the damage to its image just by being properly open from the start. It has been one disaster after another. Even Cronulla managed the PR better and they don't do anything right!

I live in Queensland and people who know nothing about AFL know that Essendon are the drug cheating club. That is what badly managed PR does for you. The club could have avoided half of the damage to its image just by being properly open from the start. It has been one disaster after another. Even Cronulla managed the PR better and they don't do anything right!

i'mma qld too *hi 5*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back