A scarey thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 1, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just a scarey thought, but what if hawthorn arent in a major form slump but that is actually how the team is palying and they really are trying hard,
and last year was a fluke year that disguised the actual list into being a top team when in reality it is a only mid range team that only now it is coming out

Look I dont know i am trying to cling on sumthing here as to why they are palying like they are, injuries or not, croad gilham,young etc, cant help this team, it is not the same team of the past 2 to 3 years.

So either we have gone backwards 3 years or this is the actuall team that has fooled us into believing they a top 4 team
icon9.gif

snore... stupidity last year was the ability of the team and what this group can achieve. Next year a early preseason and correct rehab will see a strong hawthorn side not underdone and run down.

Let's not get too carried away with this years antics. Hawthorn is a gifted and unique team that will win one or two more flags. Watching them last night it's obvious they are playing with no confidence and no menace - components we have oozed in the last two years. It's clear that injuries, pre-seasons ops and an interrupted pre-season for many of our key players has conspired to bring us a predictable outcome ie. 6-7.

Although it may not seem obvious at the moment, I believe the inclusion of whitecross, muston, moss, shoenmakers and dowler during '09 will prove an upside in 2010/2011. An unexpected upside in '09 will be a top 10 draft selection.

snore... stupidity last year was the ability of the team and what this group can achieve. Next year a early preseason and correct rehab will see a strong hawthorn side not underdone and run down.
Yeh, well lets just hope clarko sees it that way and not fool himself into playing injured or out ot of form players or players with no heart,all year and have a nother late start to 2010
Take away our hawthorn glasses and think to your self, do you truly believe this team will take us where geelong is,
That is tough, uncounable,consistant,skillfull,well coached and the list goes on

Let's not get too carried away with this years antics. Hawthorn is a gifted and unique team that will win one or two more flags. Watching them last night it's obvious they are playing with no confidence and no menace - components we have oozed in the last two years. It's clear that injuries, pre-seasons ops and an interrupted pre-season for many of our key players has conspired to bring us a predictable outcome ie. 6-7.

Although it may not seem obvious at the moment, I believe the inclusion of whitecross, muston, moss, shoenmakers and dowler during '09 will prove an upside in 2010/2011. An unexpected upside in '09 will be a top 10 draft selection.
If we played kids for the remianing year and rested unfit,injured players I would be rapped, and give a huge tick to clarko

I know you guys don't want to accept this excuse but I think its very pertinent with the Hawks....injuries. Blind Freddy can see how talented the playing list is but the disruptions in not having your best list on the ground is having a major effect....anyways its probably not a good year to be pressing for a flag due to 2 unbeaten teams at the half way point.

I know you guys don't want to accept this excuse but I think its very pertinent with the Hawks....injuries. Blind Freddy can see how talented the playing list is but the disruptions in not having your best list on the ground is having a major effect....anyways its probably not a good year to be pressing for a flag due to 2 unbeaten teams at the half way point.
Apreciate your respect,
But what is the good of all this talent if they dont even want it them sevles

I think the reality is somewhere in between those two extremes. I do get concerned by the assumption that once we get close to our premiership 22 back on the park "we'll be right". Kevin Sheedy once made the salient point that you never play the same 22 again as you are always trying to improve your list, not remain static. Other teams will pass you by if you just think you can keep trotting out the same 22.

So, basically we are NEVER going to see those 22 out on the park again (quite obviously, as Crawf's retired) and may not see any more than 16-17 of them in the same side again. So the question really is who will replace those 5-6 players in our best 22 and how will we address the gaping holes in our team structure (ie: Key Defenders, Rucks) given that there are serious injury concerns over players like Croad, Gilham, Bailey et al?

The upside to all this is that it may be a reality-check for the list management at the end of the season and that we will get the unexpected bonus of a top-10 draft pick in the last uncompromised draft. After all, we still have the nucleus of a top team.

Oh yes, and I'm clutching at straws now, but both Stubbs & Langford (NSW scholarship holders eligible for the 2010 draft) have been listed amongst the best players for NSW/ACT Rams at the U18 champs this year, with another year left to go at that level. Mind you, it's a sad state of affairs when I'm pinning my hopes on as-yet-to-be-drafted 16 year-olds!!!!

Let's just get behind the team and hope that they can give us a glimpse during the last 9 rounds so that we can head into 2010 with renewed optimism. And please - no more injuries already!

Remove this Banner Ad

A scarey thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back