A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OX over St Bedes - 'Tis is about the time where Xavs Start to hum.
OS over The Purples - The purples aren't in top form at the moment and will drop this one.
OI over OT - When they play well, they can beat anybody.
Blacks Over Blues - Blacks have the star quality for mine.
Brighton over De La - Will be closer than people think though.

On what I saw against St Bedes a couple of weeks back, the answer is no. I know they have been missing a few more than handy players of late, but then they aren't Robinson Crusoe there. The things that disappointed me most with them was the ordinary skill level, and the reliance on a handful of guys to get the job done.

They could lift, no doubts about it, but their form has been far too patchy, particularly when put against the top 4. So my call is that they are going to finish 5th or 6th depending on what the Hoers do from here.
beat colligians at home, and beat xavs by over 50 at toorak park... correct on the poor form of late, but that happens in a fairly long season... i'm guessing the last 3 games will decide who is and isnt going to be in the top four... OB play scotch, coll and xavs in the last 3 rounds.. thats when you want to be hitting your straps..

Would you like to see VAFA Sunday on 88.3 Southern FM go from 9:30-10:30am to a 9:30-11:00am timeslot to allow more time for interviews & final scores from VAFA footy over the weekend?

beat colligians at home, and beat xavs by over 50 at toorak park... correct on the poor form of late, but that happens in a fairly long season... i'm guessing the last 3 games will decide who is and isnt going to be in the top four... OB play scotch, coll and xavs in the last 3 rounds.. thats when you want to be hitting your straps..

That's what I mean by patchy. They've showed at times this year they could be good enough, but at other times have been abysmal.

Interesting that people talk about the fact that you need to have depth to be either successful or a title chance but the top 3 side have their ressies filling the bottom 3 spots. Interesting.

about to? what the hell does that mean?? 1 week? 2 weeks? round 17?

its no wonder you support carlton..

How about round 12/13.... ticking along nicely down at Pine Lodge...

OI are going along very nicely for a team according to the Brighton website that are flattered by there ladder position... hmmm....

Will be a great last 5 weeks in the run in to the finals....

Brighton lost to the bottom side yesterday. What was I saying about patchy? ;)[/quote]

With OS, OX and OB stumbling, the race for the final 4 opens up somewhat. Even UBlues may still be a possibility.

The bottom three looks just as interesting.

Any odds on who will fall?
Any odds on who will make the final 4?

With OS, OX and OB stumbling, the race for the final 4 opens up somewhat. Even UBlues may still be a possibility.

The bottom three looks just as interesting.

Any odds on who will fall?
Any odds on who will make the final 4?

Seriously, anything could happen from 1st and 7th between now and the finals.

I expect the top 4 to remain as is, top 2 in particular starting to look very solid for the run home.

The only team outside the 4 that I think can make it are the Hoers.

As for the bottom three, I think it might just come down to luck, or lack thereof. Wins like the one De La Soul had yesterday will be vital. I think DLS and Blacks will go down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davey K has retired and has now taken up a lucrative position as a beer taster with CUB.

Abit off the mark there Brian. David has been forced to retire due to time commitment issues. He recently has been trawling the local flea markets selling cheap pens which hasnt enabled him to put in the time nor effort to get back to peak phyical fitness. Apparently the top quality felt tips are all the rage and are flying out the door (or window of the car). Congrats Davey on the next installment in your life.

Abit off the mark there Brian. David has been forced to retire due to time commitment issues. He recently has been trawling the local flea markets selling cheap pens which hasnt enabled him to put in the time nor effort to get back to peak phyical fitness. Apparently the top quality felt tips are all the rage and are flying out the door (or window of the car). Congrats Davey on the next installment in your life.

Retired, say it isn't so! Who will stick up for me when I'm Surly on the ground and Paul Groves (AKA Stretcherman) when he does those stupid goal celebrations???

Interesting that people talk about the fact that you need to have depth to be either successful or a title chance but the top 3 side have their ressies filling the bottom 3 spots. Interesting.

Very interesting state of affairs. However, it's still a pretty long run until September.

BS...the Polish Hurdles Team Coach has been absent of late due to intense training needs of his team leading into Beijing. Was reportedly running a gruelling campaign of interval training at a secret base that was a former Russian salt mine.

He has also moved on from CUB products to develop a hunger for 'Ces't Pinot Noir Chardonnay'.....

RCT

BS...the Polish Hurdles Team Coach has been absent of late due to intense training needs of his team leading into Beijing. Was reportedly running a gruelling campaign of interval training at a secret base that was a former Russian salt mine.

He has also moved on from CUB products to develop a hunger for 'Ces't Pinot Noir Chardonnay'.....

RCT

Big Torp.....correct you are. He is currently very stressed as his team have not really grasped the new hurdling technique he has invented. The IAAF are not permitting both legs going either side of the hurdle, something which yound David does with consumate ease and he is getting the polish kids to have a crack. All here at Big footy wish him the best.

Below is the xray of his legs taken last week. Thanks to Sandy hospital for releasing them. Note doctors put his mental age on the xray.
current_advances16.jpg

Sure you understand why hurdles suit him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back